Spelunking with Sam... Wise?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Spelunking with Sam... Wise?

#161 Post by Taaz »

Jason sees the commotion at his teammate and Jamie go down and winces, then sees Jack
Bluehorse wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:08 pm Hey, Jack is back. Hey! What are you guys still doing down here? You've got to get out! Move!
I remember giving you fairly similar instructions, whats with this dude. He glances in the direction his uglyness took off to, and then to his PKE, Any tips on even just calming big boy down, but this dudes gotta go. He walks to the end of the hallway and covers the door of the room ready to shoot, He can go through walls, so someone guard the rear.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#162 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Panicking a little when he sees Jamie go down, Lionel feels a bit better when he realizes she's had the wind knocked out of her. Scary when it happens to you the first time, but a common enough occurrence on the field that he knows it likely won't cause any lasting harm. When Lionel sees Jamie strugglng to breathe and sit up, he gently pushes her shoulders back to the floor. You'll be ok, just hold still, let your lungs get air again. Put your arms at your sides, you'll breathe again in a few seconds. When she is able to breathe again he helps her to her feet. Sorry about that. I guess calling him a Longhorn was a bit much, huh? He grins briefly. If you want to head out, we'll understand. I can walk you out. If you want to stay, great. Yeah, ghosts don't always follow the laws of physics as we do. Can make them really dangerous, as you saw.

Guys, this black...slime? It smells...bad. Anyone have something to take a sample with? Don't let it touch you, though. I think it may be acidic. Can't be good for you, in any case. This thing is dangerous, and he made me mad! We need to take this thing down, fast, before someone really gets hurt.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac covers the rear. "I got the rear, agreed we need to deal with this now."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Urson »

Joker

I think his ectoplasm is the same we found in cemetery. Did anyone analyze? Between the stress of the events and his attention to his PKE, Joker's English is getting a LOT more broken.
He points to the room where BBG is currently. Jason! Slime the walls! Trap it!
FA FO
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#165 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy head spinning with confusion with all the chaos in the group stands there no idea what to do as he holds his proton pack in hand.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by Taaz »

Urson wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:10 pm Joker
Jason! Slime the walls! Trap it!
On it! Jason shouts to Joker bringing the blower up and starting at the wall facing the Ghostbusters,
He begins laying a coating starting at the top of the wall and to the rear, blowing a stream of slime.
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#167 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam Strickland

Sam continues to try to understand what the nun is trying to communicate in her panicked gestures. He walks even closer to her in an attempt to see her better and understand what she is trying to communicate. He pulls out his notebook, reading glasses, and pen - awkwardly juggling the phone and these objects - and puts the glasses on. Perhaps you can act out what you are so afraid of? What are you trying to tell me...I will write down what I think you are saying and perhaps you can nod in agreement or disagreement..., Sam says quietly.

Brains [2d6] = 11 : [1d6] = 4
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Bluehorse »

The underground tunnels: Downtown.
Investigating the Hospital Tunnel
August 26, 2018, 11 am.
Storming outside, cool, dank & dark.

Jack waves his arms. I'm just here! There is no why. You guys don't know what you are messing with! This is a bad dude!
He'll suck the life out of you, literally! Keep away from the black stuff too! It burns! There is no calming this guy down
he uses air quotes with those bonelike green fingers of his. Look... I know an addict when I see one... and he is a nasty one. Get gets off on this stuff, man. Hurting people... killing the quiet chick over and over again, man... Heck, he comes after me when he can! That is why I told you I stay away from here! You have to go before it is too late!

With all this talk about going on, Jason begins blowing the slime over the walls of the room where the BBEG is located. The walls are soon covered in the positively charge pink slime. Jason notices that when he sprays that slime over the wall there is a frustrated yell from within.

Jamie pulls herself up with Lionel's help and gets a look on her face of pure determination. She moves forward from the electrical area and skids to a stop as she sees Jack and Jason having a casual chat. She goes a little wide-eyed and stares with her camera up for a long moment. Jack turns and waves at here. Hey, lady! Lookin' good!

Joker will see the BBEG moving again. The line of positive slime apparently keeping the ghost from moving the direction he wants to, but he is still able to move through the walls of the maintenance room you all came in through and into the room in the back corner. Not requiring a roll here since you have been successful the last two times, so this would be more of a continued observation: Joker can also see that the residual frequencies that the BBEG drew from Jack & The Nun are dissipating even as the other two ghosts seem to slowly recover, though it is clear that Jack is substantially better since his return.

Lionel is the only one able to see into the empty storage area at this time, and though the BBEG is not readily visible in the dark room, the former athlete does hear the yell of frustration and see the sudden splatter of black slime on the far wall, telling him as clear as Joker's PKE that the ghost has moved once more.

Roy is likewise able to catch a glimpse the the same slime on the otherside of the wall as well as the sudden splatter against the opposite wall as the BBEG moves into the next room to the Northwest.

Sam, as he gets closer to the ghost and The Nun moves closer to him, sees her pointing northward and making a chopping motion with her hand into the other as she continues to try to speak mutely, her mouth working but no sound coming across the barrier other than the smallest of hints like you are hearing her underwater at a distance. Her gestures are like those of someone pleading with you.

Okay, so this post wound up coming out much later than I intended due to some good news, I just got a new job teaching in Fort Smith, (where I live) rather than half a state away in Little Rock, so there was a bit of celebrating going on last night. Also, I know that I might not be clear on how the team was placed as they tried to cover the room, so let me know if I am off where you are wanting to go next. Hope you like the way I am trying to run this like a slow reveal rather than just a space. The difference from this one vs. somewhere like the John Henry Warehouse is this is a new and unexplored place as opposed to the previous place where you had done an investigation on and knew the layout. I know that is kind of a no brainer but I am trying to be transparent on my approach. Let me know what you need that might not be clear and I will try to resolve that in the next post or some sub post between.

Map
Basement10.jpg
Basement10.jpg (107.38 KiB) Viewed 696 times
Actions?

Inventory
Roy O'Dowd: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap + Flashlight
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: Phone + Slime Blower + Trap + Ecto Keys + Flashlight
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap
David "Mac" McAuslan: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap + Headlamp
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap
Sam Strickland: Phone + Proton Pack + Sticky Left Hand + Empty Trashbag in Pocket + Reading Glasses in Shirt Pocket + Notebook & Pen + Corkscrew Drillbit.

Jamie Roth: Phone + Battery Pack + Car Keys[/color]
Brownie Point Spending:
Jason -3 to rolls.

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 115/115 @
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 134/156 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 119/136
David "Mac" McAuslan 120/137
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 143/168 @
Sam Strickland 15/24

Jamie Roth 11/20

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:40 pm
Okay, so this post wound up coming out much later than I intended due to some good news, I just got a new job teaching in Fort Smith, (where I live) rather than half a state away in Little Rock, so there was a bit of celebrating going on last night. Also, I know that I might not be clear on how the team was placed as they tried to cover the room, so let me know if I am off where you are wanting to go next. Hope you like the way I am trying to run this like a slow reveal rather than just a space. The difference from this one vs. somewhere like the John Henry Warehouse is this is a new and unexplored place as opposed to the previous place where you had done an investigation on and knew the layout. I know that is kind of a no brainer but I am trying to be transparent on my approach. Let me know what you need that might not be clear and I will try to resolve that in the next post or some sub post between.
Congrats! I know what a difference cutting down a commute makes so really glad for ya Blue!
Jack waves his arms. I'm just here! There is no why. You guys don't know what you are messing with! This is a bad dude!
He'll suck the life out of you, literally! Keep away from the black stuff too! It burns! There is no calming this guy down
he uses air quotes with those bonelike green fingers of his. Look... I know an addict when I see one... and he is a nasty one. Get gets off on this stuff, man. Hurting people... killing the quiet chick over and over again, man... Heck, he comes after me when he can! That is why I told you I stay away from here! You have to go before it is too late!
Yeah I know, thats why we are here to stop him, I cant stand by and let some piece of work hurt people, living or dead.
Jason notices that when he sprays that slime over the wall there is a frustrated yell from within.
Jason grins wickedly at Jack, See he doesnt like our toys, I told ya before...I'm a Dustbuster. and begins to laugh as he continues to line the outer wall with slimeThe outer wall of the maintenance shop when he notices Jamie staring. Oh sorry, inside joke, this is JackIn my mind he waves and cheeses it up for the cameraHes ok, he helped me out when I was almost dead. Good times, right buddy. Jason tries to shout to the others while laying the slime, I think we can box him in, I'm working on it so just keep your eyes peeled.
Seeing how well this is working Jason grits his teeth continuing to give the team some minor protection.
Moves: [1d6] = 6 Ghost:[1d6] = 4 BP:[3d6] = 11
Scott308

#170 Post by Scott308 »

Gesturing frantically to the west, Lionel shouts, He went that way! I see the slime on the wall when he went through! Check next door! Lionel readies his proton pack and heads to the Maintenance Shop, not realizing yet that the ghost left that room, as well.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#171 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam Strickland

Sam looks at the north wall and back at the nun. He pockets his notebook, pen, and glasses. A piece of paper sticks on the gum on Sam’s hand. He shakes it free and unholsters the plasma beam emitter of his proton pack.

”I think this is how this thing must work”, Sam says as he toggles and sticks to a few switches then hits a button that looks like an ignition switch.

Sam gives a follow me wave to the nun, “we’ll try to keep you safe.

Sam carefully walks back to the door of the room and peers out with his flashlight in the direction the nun was pointing - to the north.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac moves to where Lionel is pointing heading for the door, ready to fire if he spots the ghost.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker continues tracking, pointing the direction to BBG. Yes, Jason, slime walls to barricade.
He hurries toward the unmarked room, ready to yank the door open when his teammates are ready to enter.
FA FO
Scott308

#174 Post by Scott308 »

Now that Joker is directing them to the appropriate room, Lionel course-corrects to the room west of the Maintenance Shop.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy will check the nearest unexplored space.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rex »

Mac

Once re-directed, Mac moves to follow Joker's directions.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Bluehorse »

The underground tunnels: Downtown.
Investigating the Hospital Tunnel
August 26, 2018, 11 am.
Storming outside, cool, dank & dark.

Poor Jamie is for the first time really getting a good look at a ghost whereas everything since has been but glimpses through a lens of some kind. However, Jack in his somewhat grotesque goofiness is live and smiling like he were some guy from the county fair trying to flirt up the young woman.

Jamie Cool v 10 [3d6] = 13 G: [1d6] = 6

She gets ahold of herself though, realizing that Jack is benign and shows no threat.

Sam begins to try to communicate and coax the other non-dangerous spirit out of her own hiding place as The Rest of the Team move to surround and try to entrap the B.B.E.G.

The Nun follows Sam out into the main area, and everyone gets a good look at the Nun amid the chaos of chasing the main ghost they are after, who the team realizes has moved into a very old Boiler room.
Boiler Room.jpg
Boiler Room.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 646 times
As the busters cram into the tightly packed room, there is a sudden rumble and the groan of metal. The temperature goes from noticeably cold, as is the signature of this ghost being present, to almost instantly hot an humid. There is a distinct metallic Ping! and then another... then two more... and before you the boilers begin to split and rupture, the bolts and rivents holding in the steam made from ancient stored water begin popping off and bouncing off of every surface as well as the tanks themselves erupting in geysers of steam!

How many get hit? Lionel, Mac, Joker = 1d3:
[1d3] = 1
And Whom? Lionel, Mac, Joker = 1d3:
[1d3] = 3

Joker gets hit, I will need a hard moves roll from you to dodge. Everyone else was missed, so you are good.

Everyone takes 4d6 of damage from the steam: You can try to soak the damage with a Muscles roll against with. No bonuses.

As the boiler room turns into another death trap, the Ghost laughs. The laughter echos in the room as it once more moves out via the Maintenance Room since that is it's only route. It is hungry, as the PKE will indicate to anyone looking, having expended all the extra energy it took from Jack & The Nun and is fast and on the move to new prey...

Sam will see The Nun putting her hand to her mouth in horror as everything in the boiler room errupts, quite literally... He will then hear Jamie scream and drop as the B.B.E.G. is suddenly very visible and upon her with a sadistic grin. He lays hands on her and opens his mouth wide, there is a visible transfer of energy from Jamie to himself, her scream of pain visibly empowering the ghost before he drops her with:

[1d6] = 6 of 11 Damage.

She groans weakly on the floor, curled up:

Jamie Cool v 10 [3d6] = 14 G: [1d6] = 1

She keeps her wits about her, and even manages to get her phone up through the entire experience and keep it on the ghost as he leers over her, turning towards Sam but her hand is unsteady and she involuntarily begins to tremble with shock, unable to move from the floor.

Jack sees this happen. Dammit! No! Pick on somebody your own size! He moves in with the speed of not having to rely on legs and flat out abandonment of self-preservation and begins grappling with the other ghost!

Jack Moves v 20 [3d6] = 7 G: [1d6] = 4 Reckless Abandon [5d6] = 18

And successfully takes up all of the B.B.E.G. attention despite just getting a supper dose of true living energy from Jamie!

Map
Basement11.jpg
Basement11.jpg (120.28 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Actions?

Inventory
Roy O'Dowd: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap + Flashlight
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: Phone + Slime Blower + Trap + Ecto Keys + Flashlight
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap
David "Mac" McAuslan: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap + Headlamp
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap
Sam Strickland: Phone + Proton Pack + Sticky Left Hand + Empty Trashbag in Pocket + Reading Glasses in Shirt Pocket + Notebook & Pen + Corkscrew Drillbit.

Jamie Roth: Phone + Battery Pack + Car Keys[/color]
Brownie Point Spending:
Jamie -6 to damage.
Mac, Lionel, & Joker: Pending Damage Rolls. Please roll these separately and I will make a sub post with the new Brownie Points tracking. Then you can make a separate post with actions. Thanks for your help with this :) Joker will have his steam damage entered in with the damage he took from the rivets, I just want to have a final number to post.

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 115/115 @
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 134/156 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 119/136
David "Mac" McAuslan 120/137
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 143/168 @
Sam Strickland 15/24

Jamie Roth 11/20

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker sputters and mumbles, trying to say 'Get out!'

I'm getting 'err402' with every roll. I've reported it. I'll have to wait
FA FO
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rex »

Mac

Error here as well. May have to update late tonight after work.

Return to “Mission Archive”