Quest #33 "Wizards, Temples, and Obelisks, Oh My!"

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Quest #33 "Wizards, Temples, and Obelisks, Oh My!"

#1381 Post by kruk »

Cresty

Suppose we do enter there camp and the recognize us as friendly. Do we tell them to pack there stuff and come with us, even though we are not quit sure where we are going? Will they willingly come with us is another question. Cresty stands in a majestic pose for a moment. I will go to the townsfolk. How would like to join me?

Lerrick

The cleric sits perched on a tree limb listens to the conversation of the party. She then swings from a nearby hanging vine landing gracefully to the ground next to the group. I will go as well.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1382 Post by Jernau35 »

Masg

"Well it is better dan doin' nuffin'," says Maag "Just give dem an 'eads-up before yer jump out on dem. An' don't just drop in on dem like a monkey". He looks at Lerrick.

"Tell dem dat yer 'ave got food. We 'ave still got der boar meat. Den get one of dem to show yer 'ow to get back 'ere an' find us."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1383 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"We should all go."
She will lead the way.
Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1384 Post by Brunnacht »

Someone with a high charisma score should approach and speak to the gathering first.

Til-dirion
Is at the back of the group guarding the rear, bow at the ready.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1385 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"If we all go crashin' through der undergrowth, den we will leave a trail dat der dwarves can follow wivvout a problem", points out Maag.

"You an' Lerrick are der only ones dat can get der wivvout leavin' a trail. Why don't yer go an' ask dem
if der is a trail dat der rest of us can use?"

"An' while yer are doin' dat, we can follow dis trail an' see if it loops around to der camp".
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1386 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Good point Maag, we can go."

Tlachtga will go to talk to them.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1387 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan mentions before they head off that the rest of the group will wait here, "otherwise, we'll just get split up and lost again. we'll wait here for you to give us the all clear"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1388 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Got it."
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1389 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric looks at the druid. Shall we? With that she scampers up a tree and moves from branch to branch and tree to tree, keeping pace with the druid until the two of them are 10 feet away from the camp, still in the foliage. At that point she climbs down so that she is next to the druid.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1390 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Hidden Camp
Earthday, 4th of Harvester
Late Afternoon, Hot, Sunny, Buggy, Different

The girls move back towards the hidden camp and cautiously show themselves to the dirty townies. After their initial shock of seeing someone walk into their area wears off, it is easy to discern that these folks couldn’t do much about a sudden attack anyway.

One of the members looks like it might be Jombo, the young militia man, but a filthy bandage covers his head and most of his face, so it is difficult to be sure. He stands to address the pair of intruders uncomfortably.

“Who are you? Where did you come from? Please tell me you weren’t followed!”

The remainder of the party watches around their area carefully, but doesn’t see any trouble arise.

Actions?

positions:
Alordan AC3 18/22
Cresty AC4 5/11
Lerrick 4 AC5 15/20 1st 0/5 2nd 0/4 (Light Stone)
Maag AC5 15/19
Tlachtga 3 AC7 9/23 1st 0/5 2nd 0/4 3rd 0/2 (Light Stone)
Jobo 10/10
Til-dirion 10/10

Andron 3/2 AC10 2/13 CL: 1st 0/4 2nd 0/3 MU: RM, DM, CL 0/2
Torbath AC8 5/5 0/1 RM, DM, CL
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1391 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"I am the Druidess Tlachtga. We just arrived back in town and were attacked by dwarves. We are trying to lose them in the jungle. Not sure if they are still on our trail or not. We have some friends back on the trail, do you have a trail that connects back to the trail that way?" She points back to where the others wait.

"We will help you, but we need to get everyone here first."

15 Chr
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1392 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric bows respectfully. I am Lerrick...a humble servent of Pelor. We come in peace. Are you hungry? We have boar meat.

cha 14
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1393 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Holding up the sack of boar meat, "Yes we have enough to feed everyone I think."
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#1394 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Jobo

Sets a watch the way they came from bow at the ready.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1395 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Hidden Camp, Reunited
Earthday, 4th of Harvester
Late Afternoon, Hot, Sunny, Buggy, Different

The hungry hidden townies are thrilled to see that the invaders are friendly, and have even brought food, but their relief is shattered when the druid mentions the others and their fight with the dwarves. Head-wound Jombo reluctantly speaks up again.

"If the dwarves followed you here, then we're already screwed." He motions for one of the others to to go retrieve the rest of the party and a young woman hustles into the jungle, crawling on her hands and knees to exit their hidden clearing.

Maag, Andron, Cresty, Til, Jobo, and his goat are surprised to see a woman suddenly appear from the underbrush. Without a word, she leads the group through a thicket that a rabbit would have trouble getting out of, and after a bit of a dirty, sweaty, bug covered crawl, the party is eventually reunited with their healers, finding them talking with about a dozen holdouts from the former Beachtown. After looking around at their camp, the explorers cant believe that anyone could survive in these squalid conditions. The meat they brought is gladly accepted and full skewers are quickly placed over their small fires to cook.

As the party is about to introduce themselves to the stragglers, a loud commotion of crashing rocks is heard off in the distance. When one of the townies calls out, the group is relieved to hear a familiar voice coming from the distant underbrush. "My name is Andron. It is only myself and Mr. Torbath, behind me. We gave Mr. Randall fresh boar meat. He will bring some here after it is prepared and cooked."

Actions?

positions:
Alordan AC3 18/22
Cresty AC4 5/11
Lerrick 4 AC5 15/20 1st 0/5 2nd 0/4 (Light Stone)
Maag AC5 15/19
Tlachtga 3 AC7 9/23 1st 0/5 2nd 0/4 3rd 0/2 (Light Stone)
Jobo 10/10
Til-dirion 10/10

Andron 3/2 AC10 2/13 CL: 1st 0/4 2nd 0/3 MU: RM, DM, CL 0/2
Torbath AC8 5/5 0/1 RM, DM, CL
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1396 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Speaking no louder then Andron, "It is all right Right Andron, we are here as well, come in."
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1397 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

Andronichishche emerges from the small thicket tunnel and arches an eyebrow in surprise at meeting the rest of the group in the refugee's clearing. He bends low and speaks into the tunnel, "It is safe, Mr. Torbath." Standing again he gives the area a thorough scanning, noting the impoverished condition of the people with a sharp pang of anger that's not entirely of his own character. "Mr. Randall is unharmed. I do not believe the dwarves will attempt otherwise. Speaking of which, you certainly poked that hornet's nest."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1398 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

About 15-20 seconds later Torbath emerges from the same thicket as Andron, he straightens out and dusts off his clothes while leaning on his staff and he finally says, "That was a bigger excitement that I would have hoped for."
Brunnacht
Tracker
Tracker

#1399 Post by Brunnacht »

Til-dirion
Assesses these newcomers. He unstrings his bow, puts it away with the unused arrow and politely asks the villagers if he can join them for food. He introduces himself as a trader from Dreadwood. He explains that he's relieved to find local friendly faces. He asks
"Why are you here? Will the dwarves not find us? Especially with the smell of lovely food."
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1400 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag drops his pack and sits down against a tree, "Oh dat is much better. Nice to take der weight off der old plates 'o meat". He looks around the clearing. "So, 'ow long 'ave yer all bin out 'ere den?"

" 'ere's what I fink about der dwarves: dey are probably goin' to come lookin' for us. But if dey find us is a different matter. It is gettin' late in der day. Der dwarves can see in der dark, but out 'ere, fings can see dem too. I don't reckon dey will look for us after dark unless dey really 'ave to."
He looks around the edge of the clearing, looking at all the vines, bamboo, small saplings and other useful plants. After a minute or so, he stands up and draws a dagger.

"Right den, if any of yer would care to assist me, I am goin' to rig up a few unpleasant surprises for any dwarves 'oo are stupid enough to walk down dat trail after dark". Maag grins "Start cuttin'. We're goin' to need a lot of pointy sticks".

Return to “Completed Missions”