Mission 4: John Henry Tooling Warehouse: Old Griff

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Mission 4: John Henry Tooling Warehouse: Old Griff

#121 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker follows Mac, intent on helping corral the troublemaker.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Etta[/b] wrote: ..."For us to serve your business well—and save lives and property—we need to know as much about what is proving to be an increasingly volatile situation as possible. That means you need to tell me what you know. Tell me about Old Griff and the Harpers. Tell me about what you did to protect your business."
Frank, Sr. he howls as he is pulled back but cannot muster the strength or balance to resist being pulled back by the younger woman. When he is sat down in the office it is clear he is not all here right now. But he seems rattled enough by Etta to speak.
I told you! They want to strong-arm money from my father's warehouse! They are here! They are always here! They always torment me! They know what happened! We were there! They got us! Jerry Harper got what was coming to him! The police said it was self-defense! We were innocent! But the Harpers never let up... They rigged the boiler! I know it! I tried to warn Griff, but he didn't listen! I was too late!

Yeah, those eyes were looking way back over the decades now.

=========================================================================
Joker sees the PKE move the track on the Green Vapor suddenly southward towards the offices!
=========================================================================

Etta first hears and then sees many objects in the office beginning to rattle like there was an earthquake happening. A green form passes through the door to the north and there is a distant echo of laughter as the faintest hint of a figure forms up there.
FactoryGhost1.jpg
FactoryGhost1.jpg (192.2 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Everyone's Phones begin to ping alerts of Ectoplasmic activity now in the office area. Those still close to the boiler can see a higher activity there as well from Blue.

Old Frank AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S HIM! IT'S HIM! He futilely points the vacuum at the apparicion that is apparently the afore mentioned Jerry Harper.

The Green Ghost That should totally be a Film Noir hero name laughs and points at Frank and everything in the office begins bouncing around more violently as the PKEs spike.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta yells into the phone: "Boys! We've got the green meanie in Old Frank's office!"

Cranking up her proton panic, she says to herself, "I'd hoped to avoid having to use one of these blasted things, and now I'm about to fire it off in a room the size of a broom closet!"

As the proton wand starts to crackle with energy, yelling to be heard over the noise of rattling office supplies, she calls to Old Frank, "Get under the desk and stay there! And tell me exactly what happened to Jerry Harper!"

What kind of roll is firing a proton pack?
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Bluehorse »

Pulpatoon wrote: What kind of roll is firing a proton pack?
moves, and this is about as close to point blank as it gets so easy. Also roll me a d6 for initiative so we can see who moves first. Looking for high number here
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac will rush to Etta's aid.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker follows Mac, swearing in Turkish.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#129 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I have no idea what is going on with Roy appears he was not mentioned in the last update?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I have no idea what is going on with Roy appears he was not mentioned in the last update?
My mistake! You are definatly with Etta and Frank in the office with the ghost. Make whatever action you want.

Etta has the ghost held since it is a fairly weak one. So getting a good roll on a Trap with moves and you will have it, but:

1. you can see an attack is coming next round.
2. Etta will be able to hold him for 1 more round before the automatic shutdown kicks in halfway through the following round, so getting another beam on the ghost would buy time for the others to show up.
3. If the attack hits Etta, she might lose hold on the ghost anyway, then again, so would you.
4. Pain in the ass or not, you have a civilian in the room. Make of that what you will.
5. Does the ghost have a grudge on Frank, Sr. ?
6. Old Griff is also a wild card.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Pulpatoon »

My humble suggestion: Spend some BP and trap this ghost!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#132 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel sprints to the office where Etta and Roy have the ghost.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker heads for the office door, already hearing the sounds of a proton pack working.

WHEN HE IS CLOSE ENOUGH, Joker will throw a trap- unless there's already one in play by then.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Bluehorse »

Okay. So once Roy declares what he is doing, I will post the next round.

Roy, Please roll a 1d6 for initiative. You want high number. If you tie with Etta or the Ghost, I go by Moves Score to see who is faster.
Should you choose to throw the trap, I consider that to be after Etta anyway, so there would be no need.

Everyone else from Lionel's group that arrives at the office, it will be at the beginning of the next round, and I will go ahead and take an initiative 1d6 from everyone to see if we get a comedic 3 stooges stuck in the doorway moment :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Rex »

Mac

Next round initiative.

Initiative [1d6] = 2 Ghost [1d6] = 1
GreyWolfVT

#136 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy takes out his trap and tries to get the ghost contained.
Moves: [3d6] = 8 G:[1d6] = 2
BP [2d6] = 7
I'm on my cellphone can't do rolls well I have no idea what roll is used for traps.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
GreyWolfVT

#139 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy takes out his trap and tries to get the ghost contained.
Moves: [3d6] = 8 G:[1d6] = 2
BP [2d6] = 7
I'm on my cellphone can't do rolls well I have no idea what roll is used for traps.
great roll! Will write up a post shortly!
If I need more bp to capture I'll be happy to use them

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Bluehorse »

John Henry Tooling Warehouse
Old Griff
Aug. 11. 2018, 12:50am
Hot & Muggy

Etta is reluctant but reacts quickly, pointing the nuetreno wand and letting the proton pack fire to life. She manages to keep a cool head and all the training at GBI seems to take over as she nails the ghost on the first try. Luckily the ghost is a relatively weak one, and all form it was able to hold seems to evaporate into a green vapor once more and Etta is able to single handedly hold it in place. She knows that the proton packs cannot hold a stream indefinately. She has to wonder if Roy will get off a shot in time to let her switch off and let the reactor cool off or risk switching off the safety to buy some extra time.

As that thought passed through her mind that Roy puts himself between the ghost and Frank, Sr. He throws the trap with percision and steps on the switch. The small office is filled with blinding light for a moment as Etta feels the ghost dragged down into the trap as it closes.

Trap closed. Indicator light flashing. A few sulphurous puffs of steam venting from the seams.

Lionel, Mac, & Joker arrive at the door just in time to squint at the bright light and see the ghost get trapped. Roy and Etta got it!

Frank, Sr. Mumbles something about the Harper Brothers and passes out on the floor like a pile of sticks.

Actions?

Carried Inventory
InventoryCarried.JPG
InventoryCarried.JPG (101.96 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Etta -2 Bps to Roll.
Roy -2 Bps to Roll.

Net Brownie Point Pool
Roy O'Dowd: 53/70
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 72/85
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 20/28 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 66/79
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 21/22