OOC Thread

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC Thread

#121 Post by Vargr1105 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Ahhhh. I'm slowly catching on. Never played a cleric before...
I'm not even sure this exchange process is kosher by the rules, but since you got stuck with a PC whose spells were selected by someone else we shall be lenient. :)

Pol will get the spell when we get to Turn 5, you may do what you want with it then.

max_vale wrote:OOC: DOH! I completely forgot about the 'likker cure'; thanks for the heads up Vargr! Here goes:
LoL! It is now official gentlemen. The "Strong Drink" house rule is henceforth re-named "Likker Cure" rule. :D
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by Vargr1105 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Where's the Half-Orc Thief/Magic User with Feather Fall?
And exactly what Half-Orc Thief/Magic User with Feather Fall would that be? Half-orcs can't be wizards. :mrgreen:

onlyme wrote:Didnt they get burnt to a crisp by the oil cocktail? Is the wall easier to climb vertically, than it was horizontally, due to the curvature?
Heavens, no! There was a slew of the things. One got blasted by the firebomb, and a couple others may have been singed by their flailing companion as it burnt and trashed aroud. But the colony hasn't "burn to a crisp" in any way, shape or form.

Rules-wise I think climbing down this is the same. The movement rate per round may be different, I'll check, but there are no roll modifiers if that was what you were wondering about.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Guys, depending on how long it takes us to to the rope from the disgusting Tarzan Swing pool, I may have a plan. If I can make it over safely, then I can get the rope and cast Sanctuary on the way back to avoid getting chomped by the worms, mostly, if I fall in. It's probably safer than all of us attempting the Tarzan swing there and back.

So the question for the DM is: How quickly would my character estimate he could run back to the blue pool from the Tarzan pool, get the rope and get back to the Tarzan pool? Would it be rounds or turns?
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by Vargr1105 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:So the question for the DM is: How quickly would my character estimate he could run back to the blue pool from the Tarzan pool, get the rope and get back to the Tarzan pool? Would it be rounds or turns?
The trip would take 3 turns. So that would be a minimum of 6 to go and get back not counting time spent dealing with the black ropy things or grabbing the rope.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by onlyme »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Ug. Risking death by falling is seeming more and more appealing.

The problem with climbing is that all of us have to do it or else face other perils. And we have to successfully climb back up... I think the rope is best.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#127 Post by Vargr1105 »

So is the entire party moving back to retrieve the rope? Or is anyone staying by the shaft leaving the others to do all the work? ;)

I will assume all 5 brothers head back unless a player tells me otherwise. If that is the case I will amend the post I will be making on the action thread.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#128 Post by Vargr1105 »

onlyme wrote:If something unfortunate were to happen in the blue slimy pond, would we be close enough to hear or see? Or would another brother have to go part way to be a lookout? If that is the case, I nominate any of the ones who have full or high HPs left.
If these premises were fully silent you think a high scream from the blue pool area might be able to be heard over here with a strained hear. However, the roiling, splashing creatures on the black pool are making enough noise to preclude that from being a possibility.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:
onlyme wrote:If something unfortunate were to happen in the blue slimy pond, would we be close enough to hear or see? Or would another brother have to go part way to be a lookout? If that is the case, I nominate any of the ones who have full or high HPs left.
If these premises were fully silent you think a high scream from the blue pool area might be able to be heard over here with a strained hear. However, the roiling, splashing creatures on the black pool are making enough noise to preclude that from being a possibility.

Then, I humbly request one of the more healthy ones to follow him...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Vargr1105 »

I suggest making that request in-character on the Action Thread. The other brothers don't seem to eager to comply with his wishes spontaneously. :)
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#131 Post by Vargr1105 »

onlyme wrote:If the PC sheets are updated, Ull is the only one with less than 20 hp. Anyone else should be able to easily survive a swim in eel invested waters.
The up-to-date HP scores can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=847#p18938
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#132 Post by Vargr1105 »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Pol is both relieved and irritated when his brother Lipput lands next to him. Relieved because he's really glad he came, irritated because now he can't pout anymore.
You guys are killing me with your jokes. :lol:
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by onlyme »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Dumb + Evil = Comedy

Agreed. I like playing Ull like one of the three five stooges.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#135 Post by Vargr1105 »

I am having serious issues with my PC. I had to create new Admin user accounts and I can't access the material which was on my previous user folder, including the PDF of IM15 and my pics and music MP3s.

Hopefully I will have it sorted before the end of the weekend.

Meanwhile, if someone knows how to remove Internet Explorer from Windows Vista I would appreciate being shared that information. Not deactivate, not set another program as the standard web browser, but removing the damn thing altogether from the disk: shred, delete, exterminate.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#136 Post by Vargr1105 »

The situation is not solved but I can access the modules. The game will resume.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by onlyme »

Absolutely incredible... Now, if only you painted a lens sitting there to be picked up. ;)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#140 Post by Vargr1105 »

where the heck is Max? I am pretty sure he didn't go to GaryCon, and I'm waiting for his action on Action Thread 1.1 so we can move the action forward. I can't use the "stand around and do nothing" method unless we want Lipput to be torn apart by wormies.

Return to “IM15 Round the Bend”