OOC I

thirdkingdom
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#121 Post by sulldawga »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:05 am Do we really need to resupply after 4 hours? I think we have enough oil between all members of the party to continue tomorrow without decamping to town. I am fine if we want to recover spells so we are closer to full strength. Brooku will recover 1 HP with a night's rest if we are camping outside the dungeon? what if we want to camp inside the dungeon?
Yes, I think we're in agreement that we have enough oil to obviate the immediate need to go back to town.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by sulldawga »

Am I supposed to have a skill at level 1?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by thirdkingdom »

You start with 3 skills, plus any from Intelligence modifiers. I purposefully left them blank so y'all could either add them in before play or retroactively add them during play, which I'm calling "Schrodinger's Skills".
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by sulldawga »

thirdkingdom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:49 pm You start with 3 skills, plus any from Intelligence modifiers. I purposefully left them blank so y'all could either add them in before play or retroactively add them during play, which I'm calling "Schrodinger's Skills".
Remind me where the list of Skills is?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:09 am
thirdkingdom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:49 pm You start with 3 skills, plus any from Intelligence modifiers. I purposefully left them blank so y'all could either add them in before play or retroactively add them during play, which I'm calling "Schrodinger's Skills".
Remind me where the list of Skills is?
It's mostly in the free Lake of Abominations pdf.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by sulldawga »

*A box of carved sandalwood, the size of a man's palm. It weighs 30 cn
*A heavy silver icon that looks to be some sort of holy symbol. It is a spear, with two spread falcon's wings flanking the spear-tip.
*A brass scrollcase.
*A blue velvet pouch. Opening it, the adventurers see a necklace within. It is simple, but breathtaking, with a silver chain from which dangle a dozen opals. The opals flank a platinum pendant in the shape of a stylized falcon's head.

Just so I'm clear, is the spear the statue was holding different than the heavy silver icon, or are they the same thing?

If they're two different things, I'm assuming I'm taking the icon and not the spear that the statue was holding, but correct me if the spear the statue was holding looks valuable.

I would also want to see if I can remove the dagger from the spear shaft and just take that, if that's an option.

Also, what's Themon's gut estimate as to how valuable that necklace is?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by thirdkingdom »

The spear the statue is holding and the icon are two separate things. The spear icon is small, roughly the size of, say, a holy symbol. The spear the statue is holding looks crude, and not valuable at all. The necklace looks to be worth around 2,500 gp.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by sulldawga »

That necklace alone is a nice haul!
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by VonAlric »

With a Knowledge skill, would religion have to be specific or would it be a broad subject?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:28 pm With a Knowledge skill, would religion have to be specific or would it be a broad subject?
You could choose. I will tell you that this is religious iconography that is not currently in use, and you know that the TImshan Dynasty collapsed centuries ago.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:36 pm
VonAlric wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:28 pm With a Knowledge skill, would religion have to be specific or would it be a broad subject?
You could choose. I will tell you that this is religious iconography that is not currently in use, and you know that the TImshan Dynasty collapsed centuries ago.
EDIT: To clarify, what you know would be largely determined by the focus of the skill. If it is broad religion you might know a couple of offhand things. If your specialize in ancient religions, you'd know more.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by sulldawga »

So do we want to
  • Spike the door closed with a dagger or two
  • Go outside and gather some materials for a smoky fire
  • Come back and wait for the bees to calm down again
  • Open the door, drop the wood/grasses, light it on fire, and use a blanket to wave it at the hive (or else close the door again and hope it works by itself)
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by kalstone »

It wouldn't hurt to give the smoke a chance, but I would also be fine with coming back when our resources are replenished in case things go wrong.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by shaidar »

Maybe we should wait, do we have appropriate containers to carry it in? If we do this later we can be better prepared for smoke and carrying.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by sulldawga »

Yeah, makes more sense to be better prepared.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by shaidar »

TO clarify my pos tin the IC thread, we either wait until they get to us and melee attack through the doorway. Or we could open the door and use missile weapons while they close.

It depends on how many could use missile weapons through the doorway. Although I'm not sure we have much in the way of missile weapons.

Atticus does have his elven spear, plus his old spear. So he could form the front ranks with Brooku and use use his sword while others use the spears from the second rank.

Thirdkingdom, is it OK to use the spears from the second rank? Who is able to use them?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:31 pm TO clarify my pos tin the IC thread, we either wait until they get to us and melee attack through the doorway. Or we could open the door and use missile weapons while they close.

It depends on how many could use missile weapons through the doorway. Although I'm not sure we have much in the way of missile weapons.

Atticus does have his elven spear, plus his old spear. So he could form the front ranks with Brooku and use use his sword while others use the spears from the second rank.

Thirdkingdom, is it OK to use the spears from the second rank? Who is able to use them?
Yes, you can use spears from the second rank, although I'm going to say that Brooku is too large if he is in the front rank. So, if you stack up 2 x 2, with Atticus and Brooku in the front rank, whomever is behind you can use a spear but not whomever is behind Brooku.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by shaidar »

Anyone fancy joining Atticus in the front row?
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by sulldawga »

Not Themon, unfortunately. He's squishy.

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”