The Ribbon Cutting.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Ribbon Cutting.

#101 Post by Pulpatoon »

Bluehorse wrote:Etta gets a leaned in reply to from the mayor that is so blunt and casual, you are left with the uneasy feeling it might well be true... What does it matter if I own both... and you, my dear.
Decades as an African-American woman in the mid-south have prepared Etta to not reveal the chill that passes through her when the Mayor utters these words. She flashes a broad smile and pats the man's arm. "Well bless your heart."
Villain reveal!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#102 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel follows the group upstairs, herding them along and making sure nobody tries to stay behind.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy having fixed the monitor issue heads back upstairs.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by Taaz »

Jason just lookes in stunned silence between Eta and the Mayor, but he knows better than to try getting involved and just continues to shepard the crowd and ask questions.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Ribbon Cutting Day
Aug. 9, 2018, 11am
Hot, humid, and crowd dispersing outside.

There is a brief press meeting in the conference area. Everything goes well enough and soon people are filing out.

Mac made some headway with a lead on possible hauntings at the historical site, specifically in the old court house. The team has been given permission to check it out and just need to arrange a time and the board members will sign off on permits to do so.

Jason wows the crowd and is able to make a contact with Gabby and realizes there is a card in his pocket with her name and contact on it.

Lionel keeps everyone in line... literally... but manages to keep his nose clean despite a mishap. Everything looks good so far!

Roy fixed the glitch on the Containment Unit just in time. Sees they need to do some diagnostic work since the installation was apparently a rush job.

And Etta finds out some troubling details about their franchise status...

wrapping this mission! Will be posting some next steps soon!

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 42/46
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 46/46
Roy O'Dowd: 47/48
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 28 /34
David "Mac" McAuslan: 37/40
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
The Ribbon Cutting
Aug. 9, 2018, 10:00 am
Hot and Humid Outside

Settling Bps now and moving to the next phases! Well done everyone!

One more in the books. So time to award Bps.

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 42/46
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 46/46
Roy O'Dowd: 47/48
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 28 /34
David "Mac" McAuslan: 37/40

For completing the mission, +5
For making a good impression +5
+4 to Roy for extra maintenance bonuses and fixing the Containment Monitor in the nick of time.
+4 to Etta for uncovering investment info about the franchise.
+2 to Jason for establishing a contact with Gabby.
+2 to Jason for possible romantic/professional interest with Gabby.
+2 to Mac for "Jack Jawing" with the locals.
+1 to Lionel for keeping the locals in line. (counting this a partial success because of the tackle)

Success in the mission +150% of all Bps spent.
+6 Jason
+1 (rounded) Lionel
+2 Roy
+9 Etta
+5 (rounded) Mac

Now...
Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 66/66
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 58/58
Roy O'Dowd: 64/64
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 57/57
David "Mac" McAuslan: 58/58

Please check my math!

I know these "social scenarios" are a little slow and I will work on finding ways to speed it up, but they are a great way to uncover plot points and hooks that lead to more action and I will always try to make them worth your while in the end when rewarding BPs back. If anyone feels like I might have missed something, let me know, and we can discuss it in PMs. Otherwise, I will be archiving this mission after everyone has a chance to review the outcomes.
Last edited by Bluehorse on Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#107 Post by Scott308 »

Mac used 3 bps, so his 150% would round up to 5. He should have 3 more points.

Since Lionel didn't use any bps, 150% of 0 would be 0. I am fine with not getting a bonus, but if you want to give him a point, I won't argue very strenuously. :) Everything else looks good.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Bluehorse »

Thanks Scott! Still waiting on the war story of a game you played for 25 hours!

As for Lionel, I felt like I should give something.. so I gave 1 for managing not to cause a failure for lake of a better reason. Editing Mac's BPs now!

Return to “Mission Archive”