(008) Meet Connie Malone

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (008) Meet Connie Malone

#101 Post by Eris »

Walking up the ramp, Captain Ito joins you.

"This is the lower deck. Cargo capacity is lower because the jump and maneuver has been boosted to J2 and M2, but Connie will still carry 150 tons of cargo." Ito says, "Engineering spaces are to either side in the aft section and the cargo bay is a full 6 meters high and runs all the way to the aft doors."

"You can't see all the way to the aft hatch because I have partitions up to divide the bay into bow, mid-ships, and aft cargo areas. The partitions can be pulled aside to open the whole bay, of course. There is a cargo loader and a storage area near the aft bulk head as well as a Machine Shop where you can make repairs and print small ship components."

Ito leads you through a door into the mid-ship cargo area, cavernous and empty. Your steps echo on the metal deck as you pass through another door into the aft cargo bay. Ito points out the Engineering spaces, the storage area and the Machine Shop.

"There is a small air-lock there." he points to the other side of the big aft hatch from the machine shop, "That's so you can enter/exit the ship without opening the rear hatch. The only access to the upper deck from back here is in Port Engineering."

Ito leads you through a hatch on the port side into cramped engineering spaces, "Here is the ladder to the upper deck and a small lift is back there. Forward is jump drive and fuel processors."

"Follow me to the upper deck." Ito climbs up the ladder and you follow him.

"Okay, this hatch straight forward leads to Low Passage Section and the Medical Bay. Starboard is the ladder to the launch above the upper deck as well as the Foyer for passenger access. I have the gangway up, but we can let it down so you can see how passengers enter and leave the ship. Forward from the Foyer through this lockable hatch is Passenger Commons, a Galley and all the Passenger Staterooms and storage. This section is completely isolated from Crew Only Sections." Ito leads you starboard and then forward through the commons, past the galley and staterooms before coming to a bulkhead. A corridor here runs across the ship, to the right is a big storage locker for passenger luggage and the the left is a secure hatch, currently open, "This hatch stays closed when you have passengers aboard and only the crew have the ability to open or close it. The sliding door forward leads to the Crew Staterooms, Commons, Galley, Bridge and other control areas. The corridor leading aft leads to the Medbay and the Low Passenger Section."

Ito goes through the door into the Crew Only Section. There is a large Commons area with a Galley and 5 staterooms surrounding it. A short corridor forward leads to the Bridge, the Ship's Locker, Computer Room, an Office, access to turrets, and an Air-Lock.

Ito walks onto the Bridge and spreads his arms out turning around, "This is the brains of the Connie Malone.

"Hey, Connie Malone."Ito says loudly with a slight grin, "Meet your new owners."

An overhead light blinks green and a disembodied voice answers, "Hello, former Captain Ito and hello to my new, and as yet unnamed, owner and crew. I am the ship's computer and I have been named Connie Malone. It is my pleasure to greet you and to do your bidding."

The voice is that of a woman and has a pleasing timber.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos frowns. "We can always swap the bed out. A port this big should have a lot of ship chandlers." He walks over to the gravplate control. "Here we go..." He turns the gravity down...
"Sigrun, we will be busy for a while," Zaki calls out before Carlos closes their door. She walks over to her lover, bouncing a little under the reduced gravity. She looks up at him, and wraps her slim arms around his neck. "You say the sweetest things to me."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by ffilz »

BTW, here's another nice image:
https://www.deviantart.com/drell-7/art/ ... -334008335

Where did you get the deck plans from?

Chandra will go back to engineering and start checking everything out. I had forgotten we had a different ship than the one we took from Ruie - so it's probably all in ship shape. Still, he will check it all out and make a shopping list for anything he might need.

Will anyone join him?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Nice pic! 8-) Frank if you are a deck plan fan you must have checked out the Zhodani Base site?)

With a grin Sigrun leaves Carlos and Zaki to their privacy.

She yelps with delight when the ship "speaks" and is clearly unused to such direct interaction with a ship's computer. She instinctively replies "Hello Connie Malone I am Sigrun Volsung I will be your relief pilot on occasion but mostly I will be concerned with onboard security. I am pleased to meet you”.

At the immediate conclusion of the tour she will inventory the ship's locker for arms and ammunition. Her priority would be vacc suits but the crew have that covered!

Sometime after the tour Sigrun will visit Chandra in Engineering not because she has any knowledge of drives but because she is sure Chandra will enjoy showing her his new domain.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#105 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos frowns. "We can always swap the bed out. A port this big should have a lot of ship chandlers." He walks over to the gravplate control. "Here we go..." He turns the gravity down...
"Sigrun, we will be busy for a while," Zaki calls out before Carlos closes their door. She walks over to her lover, bouncing a little under the reduced gravity. She looks up at him, and wraps her slim arms around his neck. "You say the sweetest things to me."
Carlos smiles at her, kisses her nose, then lifts her up so she can wrap her legs around his waist, settling in for a kiss.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles at her, kisses her nose, then lifts her up so she can wrap her legs around his waist, settling in for a kiss.
Zaki sets about helping Carlos to thoroughly evaluate the suitability of their new quarters. Afterwards, she lies on her side with her back against his chest, while holding his arm to her torso. "The last month has been more than I ever dreamed I could have," she says quietly. "I didn't know what would happen to me after I woke up from stasis. I get on a shuttle, and there you were, saving all of us."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles at her, kisses her nose, then lifts her up so she can wrap her legs around his waist, settling in for a kiss.
Zaki sets about helping Carlos to thoroughly evaluate the suitability of their new quarters. Afterwards, she lies on her side with her back against his chest, while holding his arm to her torso. "The last month has been more than I ever dreamed I could have," she says quietly. "I didn't know what would happen to me after I woke up from stasis. I get on a shuttle, and there you were, saving all of us."
Carlos chuckles. "Hardly, dear. I just plugged a hole with my ass. Fortunately for me, it just gave me a hickey." He kisses her shoulder. "We're lucky the locals stopped shooting at each other. Me and thee, on the other tentacle, are a bonus."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "Hardly, dear. I just plugged a hole with my ass. Fortunately for me, it just gave me a hickey." He kisses her shoulder. "We're lucky the locals stopped shooting at each other. Me and thee, on the other tentacle, are a bonus."
Zaki rolls lithely in his arms, aided by the low gravity in the room. "Yes, you are most definitely a bonus," she says with a smirk as she pushes him onto his back and settles atop him. After another round of evaluations, she lies down on his chest with a sigh. "Yep, definitely a bonus," she giggles.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:BTW, here's another nice image:
https://www.deviantart.com/drell-7/art/ ... -334008335

Where did you get the deck plans from?

Chandra will go back to engineering and start checking everything out. I had forgotten we had a different ship than the one we took from Ruie - so it's probably all in ship shape. Still, he will check it all out and make a shopping list for anything he might need.

Will anyone join him?
A. Yes, that's a good image.

B. Type R Subsidised Merchant Operators Manual by Moon Toad Publishing. Yeah, I paid ~ $6 for the book, but it was worth it! :)

C. Chandra gets the codes from Captain Ito and then starts going through the Engineering Logs and comparing them to diagnostic runs. He finds that the ship's computer takes a variety of voice commands and replies both in audio and in writing on the terminals. It is a lot like having an assistant run to help read off checklists and double check results.

The ship's power plant checks out within optimal range.

The Maneuver Drive checks out within optimal range.

The Jump Drive, however, reports 1 subsystems outside of optimal, but within operation range.

Two other warnings pop up when Chandra continues running diagnostics. The three problems are :
  • Port Jump fuel pump sensors are reporting 12% lower pressure than nominal (functioning normally or acceptably), < 15% lower pressure would be a problem. The computer suggests checking the metal gasket on the pump for wear or a crack forming. Chandra can replace a gasket for the fuel pump, but he could use someone to help him, and buying one will run from about 1,000 cr for a used gasket to 4,000 for a new one.
  • Life Support Particulate Sensor is returning a yellow warning. Usually, this is caused by an air filter needed replacing. This is what the Computer suggests as a probably cause. Air filters cost ~ 500 cr each.
  • Gravity Module in one Passenger Stateroom is not returning any information. This could be anything from a sensor not working, the grav module not working, or something wrong with the wiring. A sensor is a minor expense, probably already in stock. Replacing a module will probably cost about 1,000 cr. If it is wiring, then it will be mostly a time consuming problem.
None of these faults are major and the ship could function just fine even if they weren't repaired. They could get worse, though, and especially the problem with the fuel pump could eventually result in a misjump.

Chandra takes the list of parts and supplies currently stocked aboard The Connie Malone and begins physically checking them. He begins making a list:
  • Life Support Modules: ship uses 13 (1 for each stateroom and they should be replaced every jump. They should *all* be replaced before you go back into space; 3 are currently in stock. Basic life support costs 2,000 cr per stateroom and 100 cr per low passage capsule.
  • Life Support Air Scrubbers/Filters: The ship has 8, one certainly should be replaced, perhaps all; none in stock. Filters are 100 cr each. Scrubbers are replaced during yearly maintenance. Having 1 or 2 in stock, just in case, is a good idea, though...none are in stock and they typically go for 500 cr each.
  • Need to replenish stock for the ship's 3D printer for various small parts. 500 cr should cover this cost.
  • Need to stock various small parts, based on the list Connie Malone generates. Another 500 cr should cover this cost.
  • Not really an Engineering issue, but both Galleys could use a restocking of fresh/frozen fruits, vegetables, baking supplies and cultures for the Carnivat that grows various meats to supplement the Readi-Meals that come with the Life Support Modules. High Passengers expect better faire than Readi-Meals and so do crew. Ship's Steward should handle this, of course.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by ffilz »

Ok, who wants to go shopping with Chandra. I think we have some cash no? So new replacements for all, plus some spares.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Nice pic! 8-) Frank if you are a deck plan fan you must have checked out the Zhodani Base site?)

With a grin Sigrun leaves Carlos and Zaki to their privacy.

She yelps with delight when the ship "speaks" and is clearly unused to such direct interaction with a ship's computer. She instinctively replies "Hello Connie Malone I am Sigrun Volsung I will be your relief pilot on occasion but mostly I will be concerned with onboard security. I am pleased to meet you”.
"And I you." replies the Ship's Computer, "Captain Ito please confirm the change of ownership and command and present each of the personnel for identification and logging."

"Connie Malone, I confirm change of ownership and command."says the former owner and captain of the ship placing his hand on a glowing terminal pad.

"Okay, each of you needs to put you hand on the pad and state your name and repeat the phrase on the pad. The phrase doesn't mean anything, it's just so she can get a good id on your voice. Connie will be scanning your voices and other things. She'll have you in her data base and will spit out ID's for you. Once you are done you can open and close hatches by ID or voice. If you use voice always say 'Hey, Connie Malone' to get the computer's attention."
At the immediate conclusion of the tour she will inventory the ship's locker for arms and ammunition. Her priority would be vacc suits but the crew have that covered!
No weapons or ammunition, in fact, the locker is completely empty. You'll need to stock it.
Sometime after the tour Sigrun will visit Chandra in Engineering not because she has any knowledge of drives but because she is sure Chandra will enjoy showing her his new domain.
OOC: I want to make sure ffliz sees that Sigrun is visiting Chandra in Engineering. It could easily get lost in this lengthy post.

Sigrun hears a man and woman's voice as she approaches the open hatch to the Storeroom just outside Engineering. Chandra and Connie Malone are busy making a list of things that are going to have to be bought when you stick your head into room.

Chandra notices you as you enter the room.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:Ok, who wants to go shopping with Chandra. I think we have some cash no? So new replacements for all, plus some spares.
OOC: Looks like Sigrun does, maybe somebody else, too. I'd think Zaki would want to check out the Medbay and stock it, but she and Carlos appear to be "involved" at the moment. ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#113 Post by ffilz »

Chandra will welcome Sigrun in and show her around, he appreciated her help in selecting weapon and armor purchases and is sure she would be of great assistance in the planned shopping trip.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Nice pic! 8-) Frank if you are a deck plan fan you must have checked out the Zhodani Base site?)
I have been there. I check out various deck plan sites. Sadly, some of the deck plans aren't useful due to changes between the Classic Traveller '77 I run and later editions.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote:Ok, who wants to go shopping with Chandra. I think we have some cash no? So new replacements for all, plus some spares.
OOC: Looks like Sigrun does, maybe somebody else, too. I'd think Zaki would want to check out the Medbay and stock it, but she and Carlos appear to be "involved" at the moment. ;)
IMedbay and low berth inspections are in Zaki's work queue - that queue was somehow preempted ;-)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun appreciates her tour of Engineering with Chandra. She cheerfully adds “I will come with you when you go to buy spares”.

Suddenly she draws her autosnub and says “I hear voices in the storeroom! Óðins skegg – these traders have no security at all!” She shouts into her ship board comm Hei, Connie Malone, why are you letting folk trespass all over the ship?”

Sigrun stealthily moves so she has observation through the hatch into the storage area from Engineering (Recon). If she sees folk that look like passengers she will address them Afsaka!*” trying to recondition her instincts to the situation Sigrun tries “Tickets please!”

Unfortunately, as corporate greetings go she is neither wearing a hostess uniform nor a welcoming smile and is carrying a large bore handgun with which she seems awfully familiar. In mitigation she is not actively aiming it at the trespassers / passengers - although that may be a matter of perception ...

(OOC: *Attention!)
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun appreciates her tour of Engineering with Chandra. She cheerfully adds “I will come with you when you go to buy spares”.

Suddenly she draws her autosnub and says “I hear voices in the storeroom! Óðins skegg – these traders have no security at all!” She shouts into her ship board comm Hei, Connie Malone, why are you letting folk trespass all over the ship?”

Sigrun stealthily moves so she has observation through the hatch into the storage area from Engineering (Recon). If she sees folk that look like passengers she will address them Afsaka!*” trying to recondition her instincts to the situation Sigrun tries “Tickets please!”

Unfortunately, as corporate greetings go she is neither wearing a hostess uniform nor a welcoming smile and is carrying a large bore handgun with which she seems awfully familiar. In mitigation she is not actively aiming it at the trespassers / passengers - although that may be a matter of perception ...

(OOC: *Attention!)
Sigrun turns the corner and sees that it is Captain Ito talking with the disembodied voice of the ship.

"Oh, sorry."he says startled by Sigrun's appearance,"I was just saying good bye to Connie and making sure I had all of my personal possessions...these totems of my ancestors for example... before I leave the ship. Once I do I won't have access any more without you new folks permission."

It looks like he is telling the truth because all he has in his hands are a few small statuettes. The statuettes are a mixture of male and female figures.

"I'll be leaving now by the aft air-lock." Ito says as he tucks the statuettes into a cloth bag he is holding, then patting the bulkhead adds, "I hope you have as many good voyages as I have had with this old girl. You treat her right and she'll treat you right."

OOC: Exit Captain Ito, stage left! :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun immediately re-holsters her weapon. “My apologies, Captain Ito. I have yet to recognise Connie’s voice but perhaps you see how well I will look after her for you. I understand about a ship’s Hearthfire and so I will return any of your goods that we find. I give my word on it!”

As the Captain takes his leave Sigrun asks “Can you answer one more question for us? Is there any significance to the name Connie Malone?”

When alone in the vast hold Sigrun smiles ruefully and talks to the ship “Connie Malone you are like Sacnoth cheese – full of holes! Please close all external hatches and doors as a standard procedure for ship security”.

Sigrun advises the crew that she has secured the ship and reminds them to identify themselves to Connie Malone and to wear their ID tags. She will immediately collect her own ID if not already issued. She also announces that Captain Ito has now left.

Having come reasonably close to shooting the departing Captain she determines not to repeat the error with the passengers. Sigrun calls up the passenger manifest and sends a message to the outbound passengers advising that Connie Malone is currently replenishing at Regina downport and that they should make contact to organise their journey. She advises the crew of this action.

She will then excitedly check out the ship's launch. (OOC: Can we fly this with Pilot skill?)
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun immediately re-holsters her weapon. “My apologies, Captain Ito. I have yet to recognise Connie’s voice but perhaps you see how well I will look after her for you. I understand about a ship’s Hearthfire and so I will return any of your goods that we find. I give my word on it!”

As the Captain takes his leave Sigrun asks “Can you answer one more question for us? Is there any significance to the name Connie Malone?”
"Significance? No, not really." Ito says,"I always wondered that too. The computer doesn't know, that is just what it was named. I've had her do data searches and the best she's come up with is a Connie Malone who was the last independent Queen of Erin's Star before it was absorbed by the Imperium and there's an old song from Solomani space called Colleen or Connie Malone depending upon who was singing it. The song is about Connie Malone being the reason the wandering singer always came home. This ship's records show she was laid down on Huy Braseal way over in the Solomani Rim Sector, so maybe it was the old song, but who knows?"
When alone in the vast hold Sigrun smiles ruefully and talks to the ship “Connie Malone you are like Sacnoth cheese – full of holes! Please close all external hatches and doors as a standard procedure for ship security”.
"Yes, Miss Sigrun." replies the computer and you can hear the hum of the big cargo doors up front slowly closing from inside the cavernous cargo bay.
Sigrun advises the crew that she has secured the ship and reminds them to identify themselves to Connie Malone and to wear their ID tags. She will immediately collect her own ID if not already issued. She also announces that Captain Ito has now left.

Having come reasonably close to shooting the departing Captain she determines not to repeat the error with the passengers. Sigrun calls up the passenger manifest and sends a message to the outbound passengers advising that Connie Malone is currently replenishing at Regina downport and that they should make contact to organise their journey. She advises the crew of this action.

She will then excitedly check out the ship's launch. (OOC: Can we fly this with Pilot skill?)
Yes, you can fly the ship's launch with pilot's skill, but at 1 level lower. The most appropriate skill is Ship's Boat and Ship's Boat can substitute of Pilot at 1 level lower, too.

Sigrun's message to LSP is acknowledged and a message comes back that the passengers the ship is transporting want to come aboard in 4 days along with their cargo and wants to know if The Connie Malone will be ready to lift at that time.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote:Sigrun's message to LSP is acknowledged and a message comes back that the passengers the ship is transporting want to come aboard in 4 days along with their cargo and wants to know if The Connie Malone will be ready to lift at that time.
Sigrun will hold a brief consultation with all crew members before making her reply and will then confirm Connie Malone will be ready to lift in four days as desired by LSP.

She will then set to stowing her gear in the stateroom she and John Lee share and otherwise help to prep the ship and schedule a run to the ship's chandlers with Chandra.

(OOC: I can't think of any reason we wouldn't want to keep LSP happy or any in game obstacle to not depart. If I remember correctly we have only a two day wait on our guns and cargo so I believe the timing fits.

I may be patchy over the weekend coming and Tuesday thereafter due to a back to back gaming events and then travelling - to play Traveller! :) ).

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”