To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequel)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: To have an army at your fingertips.... (Blake Hayes sequ

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Bastard!" then he gives a grim smile at the thing and sets it on fire using his less frequent move of the wall of fire to trap the thing in the section it is hiding in.
Init[1d100 +6] = 39+6 = 45 lame init :x
Fire wall[1d100] = 83
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak actually won initiative on this round. Having actually recieved some damage of his own, Blake whirls into action and creates a wall of flames around the section that the soldier is hiding in. The heavy smoke and intense flames act as an effective barrier against sight, and you can see its effect already, an energy shot firing wildly through the smoke and up towards the ceiling. You now have the soldier cornered, but it can still shoot blindly.

Actions!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake ducks out of the area back towards where Vorpal will have to enter the area if he decides to. "Come get me you dumb green bastard!"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak rushes back to the stairs leading to the second level, hoping to lure the soldier out of the room. He does not follow. The sound of heavy running can be heard behind you from the second level.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake heads over to the stairs. ready to try and scorch anything that is not Vorpal.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rukellian »

Vorpal appears from the stairs and notices the smoke hanging in the air. "What's going on up there? Is it still alive?" You notice a whole bunch of green goop over him, his last kill apparently very messy.
GreyWolfVT

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Eh well likely he will wait out my flames before he comes out but I think I might have burned his ass a little. Sorry bout that hole in the floor the gun packs more of a punch than I knew. Bastard shot my arm and I couldn't hold the damned thing anymore."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rukellian »

"Those freaks that the big green man made, that Sym- something, they certainly seem smarter than the creatures on that island... Need me to flush the sucker out with my shield?" Vorpal looks eager to do something as he raises the door that is surprisingly still in one piece, but still appears a bit unnerved by the idea that Symbiosis seems to be in command of these things.
GreyWolfVT

#109 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake smiles a devilish smile "Yes indeed Vorp have at it my man. If you flush it out to me just remember I'm gonna try and torch the sucker."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Rukellian »

And Vorpal does just that. All too eager to put an end to this, he charges into the smoke and fire, door raised high and disappears from Hot Streak's view. A rifle shot can be heard in the background and the sounds of struggle. Sure enough, the soldier with the rifle starts running towards your direction, more concerned about Vorpal than you in your half-hidden position.

Actions and Rolls!
GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "BURN!"
Init Init[1d100 +6] = 9+6 = 15 :(
Flame Attack [1d100] = 99

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rukellian »

In a situation like this, with the enemy running towards you unsuspectingly, your attack will hit either way, low initiative or not.

Hot Streak spews a column of flames from his gauntlets. The soldier drops to the ground, thoroughly burnt and probably dead, its rifle scattering across the floor. Vorpal quckly appears from the smoke in the background and laughs as he sees the charred mess before him, "ahahaha, NICE!"

It is at this time that Symbiosis can be heard over the speaker system throughout the hotel complex. He announces that the test is over and that they may report to the front when they are ready.
GreyWolfVT

#113 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake will attempt to retrieve the rife the last soldier dropped and lead Vorpal to their new stash of real food and booze. "Alright Vorp lets go collect our food and booze my man. I think we deserve it."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rukellian »

The villianous duo parades back to Blake's stash of booze and snacks. They revel in their accomplishment and grab the rocket launcher on their way out to the front.

Symbiosis waits there with a tablet in his hands, typing random items onto the screen with a stylus. Looking up his face shows a mix of surprise and dissapointment. "So, I would like to hear from you two how well they performed. I have gathered data from the test, but your personal accounts would be of much value." He then looks over and notices the alien rocket launcher and assault rifle slinged over their shoulders. "Good! I shall like to know how their equipment performed as well."

Mission complete. You are rewarded 100 fortune points for your efforts.
GreyWolfVT

#115 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Well I don't know of you found this out or not but they built something that was destroying your containment field. They were well coordinated at first but soon fell to the skills of Vorpal and myself. The weapons are a great pain but also good at performance in battle."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Blake "Well I don't know of you found this out or not but they built something that was destroying your containment field. They were well coordinated at first but soon fell to the skills of Vorpal and myself. The weapons are a great pain but also good at performance in battle."
"Yes... their field repair skills in mechanics are phenomenal. Not only were they able to work as a unit, but they apparently had an intelligence level that I did not factor in. With the proper inhibiting chips set in place, I could lead 20-30 at a time, easily. And since the equipment worked so well, I will have to provide the proper calibration algorithms for the L factor in the second series... change the frequency wavelengths from bombardment to a parallel drive that follows a S.T. Matrix... and then it would just be a matter of reallocating the engine to a more compact material that will allow the *blah blah blaah blaaah blah blaah*"

The rest of what comes out of Symbiosis' mouth is indecipherable garble to you and Vorpal. The words test subjects come out involuntarily as if he were only speaking this thoughts out loud with little to no attention of who he was speaking in front of. After droning out some more information, he looks up from his tablet and smiles towards Hot Streak and Vorpal. "But of course, I wouldn't have you both do this for free. You can expect some shiny new toys by the end of the week. You'll need them too, because we are heading to Atlas City."

Atlas City, every hero and villian alike who is worth a grain of salt knows this place. The isolated fortress from another dimension, the city of miracles and nightmares, the birthplace and home to countless supers of this world, the PERFECT battlefield for the skirmishes to come, Atlas city is all that and much more. Getting in without permission is near impossible, but not impossible. You wonder how what sort of plan Sym has worked up in that twisted head of his...
GreyWolfVT

#117 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake "Ah Vorpal I think we had better stock up on all food and alcohol we want from this place who knows what else Sym will put us through."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Blake "Ah Vorpal I think we had better stock up on all food and alcohol we want from this place who knows what else Sym will put us through."
Vorpal "Uh, you think?!" He says in a hoarse whisper. "The f----r only has poptarts at his place, and that's because I brought them there!" After the two are dismissed and they go their seperate ways for the time being, Vorpal leans in a bit closer to Blake and starts to whisper some more, as if Sym was still listening to their conversation over cameras or something.

"Hey Hot Streak, man... I don't like the way the green guy calls us his test subjects. I don't want to be no guinea pig, you know what I'm sayin'? I was a freelancer through and through after that super hero stint and I intend to keep it that way. Though partnering up with you sounds a whole ton better..."
GreyWolfVT

#119 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake whispers back "I agree I shoulda just killed him when I had the opportunity. Then again I never woulda discovered your revelation of becoming a villain like myself. I personally think this guy is whacked outta his gord. I'd rather team up with you and find others like us and create a army the right way. Recruitment versus insane science. Perhaps we will have to end his experiments soon you know how to fly a heli?" Hot Streak smiles wickedly at Vorpal. :twisted:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Blake whispers back "I agree I shoulda just killed him when I had the opportunity. Then again I never woulda discovered your revelation of becoming a villain like myself. I personally think this guy is whacked outta his gord. I'd rather team up with you and find others like us and create a army the right way. Recruitment versus insane science. Perhaps we will have to end his experiments soon you know how to fly a heli?" Hot Streak smiles wickedly at Vorpal. :twisted:
When the two are truly alone, Vorpal responds to Blake's query. "I don't know how to fly a heli, don't think I can with my arm the way it is, but I also think that Sym still may have his uses. Now I'm not one for makin' those big plans, but I was thinkin' for some time now. That green guy isn't one to settle for anything small. When he makes his grand entrance on the world, he is going to make it big and flashy. What better place to do it than in Atlas City, the future city of the supers?! He's going to take us there, no doubt with this army, and when he does... I say you and I make our move then, you know... break away from him his clutches and become men of our own once again, or mutants... whatever. You get me?"

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”