Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

GreyWolfVT
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

#101 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist says somewhat sarcastically, "Alright, we're riding in style. Thanks for the lift, Durand. Here is a gp for helping us out."

Trist hand him 1 gp. removed from sheet.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The group pays for transport and gathers all their items for travelling. You can opt to leave things stored in the city if you wish. Your rooms at the inn are paid for and covered by Baron Sherlane. Your rooms are private and you have a key to your own room. Each room has a strong chest with lock. Just note on your sheet if anything is "stored" vs carried. Gathering up whatever the group thinks they need the driver and his guard wait until everyone is ready to set out.

The ride is a bit bumpy after you leave the city, and are off the cobblestone streets. The roads are a bit rougher, you encounter some traffic on the first day of travel, but it's mostly other travellers such as yourselves, some on foot, some riding horses, ponies or mules. Others like yourselves riding in carts or by wagon if they are wealthier. One traveller is a merchant of some sort, the name painted on the side is quite telling as to what wares might be in the wagon 'Prim's Potions & Powders' the man riding on the bench at the front of the wagon is dressed in a rather fancy yet unusual manner. The driver stops his wagon and hails your driver to stop. "Hello my good travellers is anyone looking for some potions, powders, lotions, ointments, liniments, oils, salves or other things to easy your aliments? Why I've got just the thing if you would permit me a moment." he sounds as if this is a well practiced routine as the words almost sound sung from his lips. Before the driver or anyone can contest. He grabs his cane and starts his pitch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww2JEQXezhA

Prim travelling salesman
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist looks about for safety and if nothing seems out of place says, "I'm interested in some Keoghtom's Ointment, Extra-Healing, Invisibility, Gaseous form, Elixer of Health."

"No substitutes either. I want the real deal.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by tristenc »

Reywald considers the newcomer skeptically. He will evaluate one of the proffered wares, announcing clearly to the others if it is a fake
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon holds his place, bow at the ready.
GreyWolfVT

#106 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Reywald examines a bottle it looks like a genuine bottle of liquid, although what kind of liquid is inside it is hard to tell simply examining it.

Egon notices nothing fishy other than the salesman's too good to be true pitch.

Trist gets a big old smile treatment from the salesman "Ah! Any interested customer, I knew you were smart the moment I saw you." he taps his cane on the wagon and a gnome pops out from inside holding some bottles of labelled items. The labels read Elixir of Health, Miracle Elixir, Invisibility, Miracle Ointment, X Healing, the last is illegible. "Here you go miss. Though unfortunately it looks like over some of the bumpy ride the labelling got messed up on one of them." seeing the labels Trist can tell some of these are definitely homebrews not the genuine article. Leaving her skeptical of the illegible one.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist looks them over and says, "The real ones I'll take and the others I'm not interested in. I don't want anything that's not the real deal and the cost for the real ones better be decent. You could have some good sales if you have the real stuff here."

Trist nods to the rest of the party as potential buyers if he can produce the real stuff.
tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#108 Post by tristenc »

Is it possible for Reywald to use Appraisal or Spellcraft nwp to determine if any of these are real? He is utterly unconvinced that any of this is genuine at this point.

I don't suppose anyone has prepared Magical detection for today to verify these claims... he mutters to his new group.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Rex »

Egon

"It seems to me that it would be pretty easy to fake magic as well. A spell that just makes something radiate magic would be pretty easy right?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by shaidar »

Weston

The cleric looks unconvinced at the potions.
Rex wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:54 pm Egon

"It seems to me that it would be pretty easy to fake magic as well. A spell that just makes something radiate magic would be pretty easy right?"
"It certainly is, it's one of the spells even a novice mage could cast."
BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Kravoud

Either it is or it isn't and you won't find out until the moment of truth and that guy doesn't have an ounce of truth in him! I think we should move on...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Agreed."
tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#113 Post by tristenc »

Reywald

True, if he has any magic ability. But the school of the aura would have to match the description. And if he just scribbled the names she asked for on a bunch of blank labels a moment ago then that won't be right.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist hearing here friend's banter regarding the potions say giving back the potions, "I've changed my mind. Thank you though."

Trist gets back in the wagon.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by gurusql »

Del

Del remains in the cart not interested in a purchase.
GreyWolfVT

#116 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Prim looks concerned that everyone is leaving "But wait! Surely you realize my Gnome friend here is the one that makes these using Alchemy. I'm just the face that sells these miracles. The ones called Miracle is our homebrew version but the others are the genuine article I assure you and our prices are fair indeed."

The gnome gives a look to the group he looks tired very tired. "I can attest to my work, the ones of which you recognize the names are indeed real and functional. Though I would suggest you avoid the one with the messed up label I cannot give oath that it is mixed accurately since I made it in the wagon while on the road."

Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by shaidar »

Weston raises an eyebrow

"You wouldn't lie to a priest of Azuth would you? I can make sure the priesthood spreads a warning through the land if this is all fake..." his face softens "...You look tired, is there some reason we might help with?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon perks up some, "What are the real ones then and how much?"

He is trying to determine if the gnome is lying.
GreyWolfVT

#119 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Gnome pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs as if dealing with folks of lesser intellect "The real ones are those with the matching labels to the names your elven friends said. The ones that simply say Miracle in the name are our own take on those potions you might commonly know of, they work though my friend here might spin up what they can do they are not a cure all I assure you of that." the gnome clearly is annoyed. "Prices speak to him he's the boss after all." he says and you can hear how annoyed he is when he calls Prim the boss. "I'm the brains behind the alchemy and chemistry. He's the selling force an the charisma. As you can tell my people skills are not exactly friendly." he hands the potions to Prim and without any further speaking gets back into the wagon.

Prim looks a bit shocked has a sheepish look briefly then snaps back into his normal smiling look "Ah yes my good sir the prices are 100 gp for the Elixir of Health, 200 gp for the xtra healing, invisibility and gaseous form. Our homebrewed Miracle Elixir, and ointment are 50 gp, and the illegible one is well 10 gp and you need to sign this waiver, which simply states that we are not responsible for any side effects of said potion, and you will not seek us out, harm us, take us to the authorities, or sell to anyone else." he holds ip a piece of parchment with 2 signature lines at the bottom one already signed by Prim, the other is for the customer to sign.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rex »

Egon

"I have a sapphire worth 500gp, will you take it for the Elixir of Health, extra healing, and invisibility?"

Return to “GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures (2e)”