Action Thread 8

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 8

#101 Post by saalaria »

Holiday it is...or was as Im back - greetings to those I have spoken to already!

Wow that's one tough mother if Big V missed on a 16!

Varkos will attack again in the new round:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9 Dam [1d8+5] = 6+5 = 11

Longsword [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4 Dam [1d8+5] = 2+5 = 7

...And wishes he didn't bother!
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#102 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake mumbles something cursed as he sees his maneuvering to attack impeded.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by tkrexx »

Initiative: [1d6] = 4

Shaken by the force of the blow, the Ranger renews his attack.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4

Bah. Humbug. HP adjusted.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia winces when she sees the ranger get walloped. She takes a quick step to Son of Thunder's right and thrusts out with her trusty spear for another piercing attack...

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 20, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 3

OOC: Ron, if you would like to reconsider using any critical hit rules, I would not be opposed! :P

(of course that would mean the baddies would get them, too. On second thought... :lol: )
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#105 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard casts a bless spell.
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#106 Post by Distorted Humor »

[1d20] = 3

No need to roll damage, I shout that if someone is blocked and a better fighter, I will move away...
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:49 p
Round 2

The party acts a mite quicker than the creature. Varkos and the ranger bravely wade into melee with the creature, but both either miss, or their weapons do not penetrate the leafy hide. But the Druidess stabs from behind and is able to thrust her spear into the creature!

The thieves' attack from behind and are unable to get their weapons through the creatures hide either. Odo calls for someone to replace him and backs away from the creature.

The creature returns it's attack. This time focusing the double roundhouse attack on Varkos. And both arms hit!! The creature does 10HPs of damage! And bear hugs the fighter. It's the strangest looking bear hug though as it completely engulfs the fighter. The two arms are long leaf and moss covered appendages reaching almost all the way to the ground. You hear one last strangled breath from Mr. the Glorious, as you see his eyes close and his is quickly completely engulfed, and then you hear only silence. At this point you can see his hanging feet, but the rest of him is completely encased in leaves, moss and vines.

PM sent. For Round 3 someone please roll initiative and then everyone can state what actions you all would like to do. Rake can move in and attack, and Son of Thunder gets two attacks this round, with Zafalia in the second rank. Al’Zur and Rake can make attacks, at +2 to hit, at the rear of the creature.

HPs: Malak - 03/15; Varkos - 00/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 16/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Malak; Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 59 minutes (Malak) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 43 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 91 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 180 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by saalaria »

Varkos hangs around....and bleeds
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake strikes boldly at the creature's back.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 5, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 7, damage (L): [1d12] = 2

ooc: so much for a +2 bonus. :P
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by Alethan »

Not sure if this is going to work or not...

Ilhalevar fears the worst, if this continues for much longer... She reaches into her belt pouch and pulls out a generous pinch of sand. Uttering the archaic words burned into her memory, she casts the Grim Quietus on the creature...

No idea what to roll on this, Ron, so I'm going to go with the highest possible one...

Per the 1st Ed. Manual, 4+ HD monsters I need to roll a D4, with creature affected on a 3-4...

[1d4] = 3

Hopefully this is something that can be put to sleep...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by tkrexx »

[1d6] = 4

Varkos!! Tho his vocal cords are roaring, the Ranger silently issues multiple curses to himself for his rash decisions, and clumsily failed attacks. Again his spear lashes out against the creature seeming to devour his large friend.

...Aaaaand the die roller has frozen. Will return later and amend this.

Later Edit:

To hit: [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4

To hit: [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 6+3 = 9

Woo, hope that last one is a hit!
Last edited by tkrexx on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#113 Post by dmw71 »

"They need me," Malak says weakly as he struggles to rise to his feet. He surveys the situation and attempts to maneuver himself into a position where he might be able to sneak in a future attack.
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#114 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:"They need me," Malak says weakly as he struggles to rise to his feet. He surveys the situation and attempts to maneuver himself into a position where he might be able to sneak in a future attack.
LOL at the Conan movie lines, dmw.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote: LOL at the Conan movie lines, dmw.
You caught that, eh? :lol:
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Argennian »

"No!" cries Zafalia, seeing Varkos engulfed by the creature and then go limp. She maneuvers to try and get in another stab that will not further injure her companion.

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 8 (miss), Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 3
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#118 Post by Solinor »

Let there be light! Wulfgard casts a light spell at the creatures eyes!
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#119 Post by Distorted Humor »

[1d20] = 5

Grrrr

Odo misses...again
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:50 p
Round 3

The party can see that Varkos’s boots are still and unmoving in the grasp of the creature.

Feeling his muscles taking over the ranger strikes the creature. But cannot get through the layer upon layer of leafy hide to hurt it!

The rest of the party reacts just a mite quicker than the creature. Illhalevar casts a spell, as does the cleric. The sleep spell doesn’t seem to have any affect while the light spell ([1d20] = 18) goes off on the fungus pillar nearest to the creature.

Zafalia attempts a stab with her spear but can’t get through the leafy hide either.

From behind neither Rake nor Al’Zur are able to pierce the hide either. Odo and Malak both look for openings, but are unable to find a spot to attack.

The creature spins around and sees itself surrounded, so it slumps to the floor, looking very much like a heap of rotting vegetation at this point. But it is apparently inwardly busy, as a drop of blood drips off the toes of one of Varkos’s boots.

The ranger, seeing a prone opponent and a great opportunity, finally gets a good shot in and is able to pierce the leafy armor of the creature feeling the spear squish home.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (26.52 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
PM sent. For Round 4 someone please roll initiative, but the creature is prone and that gives everyone a +4 to hit so please factor that in when everyone states what actions they would like to do and does their corresponding rolls. Malak and Odo can move and attack if possible. Let me know where you think you can squeeze in.

[/b]HPs: Malak - 03/15; Varkos - 00/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 16/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Malak; Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 59 minutes (Malak) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 43 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 91 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 180 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”