OOC V

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC V

#201 Post by frobozz »

Hmmm... I think that if the party is going to camp right now, Lanny would be fine with camping right here. There is a giant hole for protection on one side, and a narrow single-file staircase on the other side (which would limit the approach of anything coming from below to one-at-a-time). Demi-humans with infravision could camp near the giant hole to monitor the approach of anything coming up the hallway from the south. The humans could camp on the other side with the Continual Light lantern. Lanny's top two concerns are more kobolds coming from the north and more duergar coming from the south.

That said, Lanny would also be ok with returning to the pedestal room if a majority of the party would prefer that option.
Lanny - Level 3 Elf - In Search of Adventure
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#202 Post by Alethan »

Not so sure I like "stairs down to an area we've never explored" as one of the options for retreat...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#203 Post by zebediah »

The pedestal room has a few escape routes in case we find ourselves attacked.
Alethan wrote:Not so sure I like "stairs down to an area we've never explored" as one of the options for retreat...
Same here.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#204 Post by frobozz »

Good points. Lanny is fine with camping in the pedestal room.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by thirdkingdom »

Okay. It sounds as if there are three votes for the pedestal room. I will update accordingly this evening, unless I hear differently.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#206 Post by frobozz »

It looks like the consensus is to rest in the pedestal room for the night.

I updated the Night Watch (as well as the Marching Order and a few other items on the Standards thread) to account for recent changes in the party. For the Night Watch, I now have one demi-human (with infravision) sharing a shift with one human (all in alphabetical order by name). For the Marching Order, since Marodin is no longer an eligible combatant, I moved Innana up to the front line next to Thordin and moved Marodin to the rear guard (where he can keep an eye on the entire party during battle and heal those in need of healing). Let me know if anyone wants to recommend any changes to anything.

TK, once the party has set up camp, can you roll for Marodin's 2 remaining CLW spells for the current day? (one for Tratiln, one for Thordin)

Also, assuming we will get our normal 2 hours of spell study at the end of the current adventuring day, could you also roll to see if the spellcasters learn their respective spells? (I believe all of the elves are currently at 6/8 hours studied)
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#207 Post by zebediah »

Merry Xmas to all you guys!
Finglas
Ranger
Ranger

#208 Post by Finglas »

zebediah wrote:Merry Xmas to all you guys!
Happy Holidays!
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by thirdkingdom »

Likewise, guys! I didn't update last night because it sounded like there was some potential opposition to the idea to camp, but overnight camping has won the day. I will update later this evening.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#211 Post by frobozz »

Current HP has been updated on the Standards thread.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone! :)
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#212 Post by frobozz »

Since Lanny did not learn any new spells, he will stick with his usual daily regimen:

Level 1 - Magic Missile, Ventriloquism
Level 2 - Invisibility

How about everyone else?

If allowed, I will suggest the following defensive spells for Marodin and Semele for the new day:

Marodin
Level 0 - Cure Minor Wounds, Resist Poison, Petition
Level 1 - Cure Light Wounds, Purify Food and Water
Level 2 - Find Traps

Semele
Level 0 - Cure Minor Wounds, Resist Poison
Level 1 - Cure Light Wounds

Perhaps Marodin can cast Petition right now and ask divine assistance from his Immortal to help us find a way out. (The odds of a successful casting are pretty slim, but if successful, we might obtain a valuable clue.)
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by thirdkingdom »

I'm going to go ahead and try and keep track of the passage of time at the beginning of each post.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by thirdkingdom »

Bouv: I'm catching up on the Save or Die podcast and just listened to the episode where you wrote in about the campaign you're running. It sounded familiar at first, and then I realized, "hey, I know this guy"*. Sounds pretty cool.

*well, or at least know who you are.
Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#215 Post by Bouv »

Yeah, besides loosing a few players, it's been pretty good. We had a mini-session last night just to finish up were we had left off.

Out of the three podcasts that WGP does, SoD is probably my favorite.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#216 Post by Alethan »

Ummm... So much for planning!

:|
Finglas
Ranger
Ranger

#218 Post by Finglas »

frobozz wrote:Lanny the elf

Yet another option is to have only one person in the room with a torch, wearing a cloth mask and holding his breath as he goes around to each plate burning off the mold. If spores do erupt, he can run out of the room before taking a breath.

Honestly, I would also be ok with just bypassing this room altogether and assuming that we do the mold abatement properly at some point in the future. They are just plates, after all. Anyway, let's save this room for last. I say we proceed with walking the first floor with Marodin's Find Traps spell in effect, and checking out the areas we had already determined to check:

1. humanoid statue - west wing (any items under it)
2. bedrooms (tapestries)
3. fireplaces (any more loose stones)
4. staircases (any indication of how to invert them from above)

Then we can lock the front doors (to keep out other nasty creatures while we are gone) and return to Threshold!
Bregalad the elf

Bregalad supports Lanny's latest version of the plan, as it seems to be the most expedient:

1. Ignore the mold for now.
2. Check only the previously explored castle rooms for traps (i.e. humanoid statue, bedrooms, fireplaces, staircases).
3. Lock the castle entrance with the key.

There are also quite a few items that will need identification. Bregalad would prefer dropping them off with Myraal or Zoltar, before entering Threshold, since the church and city are experiencing political uncertainty and unrest. The elf proposes.....

4. Drop off the items with Myraal or Zoltar for identification.
5. Enter Threshold (and meet our new companion)!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#219 Post by Alethan »

That all sounds good. Lets go with it.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#220 Post by frobozz »

Sorry all, super busy this Sunday and Monday. I will post IC later tonite. Lanny votes for Myraal, since he already has some of our magical items, is closer to Threshold, and would likely know more about these antique items than Zoltar. Although I'm not sure if we can get to his place without first passing through Threshold...
Last edited by frobozz on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”