0005 Tremous Dex and the Hippity-Hop

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 0005 Tremous Dex and the Hippity-Hop

#41 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:03 pm
joertexas wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:36 pm Zaki keys her suit comm. "Can we repressurize and get the gravity back on? I need to use the head, and I don't want to clean this suit."
"Já repressurize and restore ship's gravity. We have voided all areas of the ship long enough to flush out or kill a stowaway intending us harm and I feel we have not proven any suspicion against any crew members save that someone may have recently used the hide. I say Donovan and I maintain our vigilance but for the moment we stand down and you resume command Foringi Flighty".

She unloads her rifle and adds "I'll stow my gear and let everyone know about the hide and that the suspected security issue proved to be a historic event. I'm qualified to check out and rate that vacc suit. If it's functional I'll add it to the ship's stocks".
Flighty will call Bob and Doug and have them restore air and gravity.

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 900 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:15 pm
joertexas wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:36 pm Zaki keys her suit comm. "Can we repressurize and get the gravity back on? I need to use the head, and I don't want to clean this suit."
Sigrún, looking entirely comfortable moving in a vacc suit with a military longarm, comes through to the crew commons to report "It's a Stand Down everyone - we are back to normal operations. Standard environment is being restored". She relates the finding of the smuggling voids and the hide and gear. "After discovering the bomb we had to be sure there was no one hiding aboard who intended us harm. I will show anyone who wants to see what we found and either the engineers or myself can demonstrate the new ship spaces we have discovered".
"We should make a quick check to see if we have any dead bodies. The smell if we don't would be very unpleasant. Let's go in pairs and look anywhere a person could be hiding, including the salvaged cold sleep pods, our own pods, and double-check that the cargo containers are still sealed. Leave no stone unturned."

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:15 pm
Sigrún, looking entirely comfortable moving in a vacc suit with a military longarm, comes through to the crew commons to report "It's a Stand Down everyone - we are back to normal operations. Standard environment is being restored". She relates the finding of the smuggling voids and the hide and gear. "After discovering the bomb we had to be sure there was no one hiding aboard who intended us harm. I will show anyone who wants to see what we found and either the engineers or myself can demonstrate the new ship spaces we have discovered".
"Thank you!" Zaki says fervently. She disappears into her stateroom, unsealing her suit as she goes.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:23 pm "We should make a quick check to see if we have any dead bodies. The smell if we don't would be very unpleasant. Let's go in pairs and look anywhere a person could be hiding, including the salvaged cold sleep pods, our own pods, and double-check that the cargo containers are still sealed. Leave no stone unturned."
Sigrún nods agreement "You're right. Better to be sure and finding a dead stowaway by smell wouldn't be pleasant. I'll get out of my vacc suit and stow the rifle if were working through confined spaces. Give me five minutes and we'll begin the sweep".

She will set to another search of the ship.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by ateno »

"Oh Great confined spaces search, my favorite."

Karcsi gets ready for the search.

Was trained for that in the Coast Guard, very potentially dangerous

Karcsi
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:52 pm "Oh Great confined spaces search, my favorite."

Karcsi gets ready for the search.

Was trained for that in the Coast Guard, very potentially dangerous

Karcsi
"Not fun, but necessary."

Flighty
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:37 pm
terrymixon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:23 pm "We should make a quick check to see if we have any dead bodies. The smell if we don't would be very unpleasant. Let's go in pairs and look anywhere a person could be hiding, including the salvaged cold sleep pods, our own pods, and double-check that the cargo containers are still sealed. Leave no stone unturned."
Sigrún nods agreement "You're right. Better to be sure and finding a dead stowaway by smell wouldn't be pleasant. I'll get out of my vacc suit and stow the rifle if were working through confined spaces. Give me five minutes and we'll begin the sweep".

She will set to another search of the ship.
Flighty will pitch in and make sure the search covers everything. He'll consult with the engineers to make sure nothing is missed. Donovan and whoever is with him will check the cargo containers.

Flighty
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:52 am Donovan sees a signal come down the wire to the transmitter from somewhere. He can trace it. It is coming from inside the Avionics package itself. The Transponder clicks as it turns itself on, or at least it thinks it is transmitting, but the outgoing signal is going nowhere.
OOC: Does Donovan pass this detail on to Flighty?
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:20 pm
"Já repressurize and restore ship's gravity. We have voided all areas of the ship long enough to flush out or kill a stowaway intending us harm and I feel we have not proven any suspicion against any crew members save that someone may have recently used the hide. I say Donovan and I maintain our vigilance but for the moment we stand down and you resume command Foringi Flighty".

She unloads her rifle and adds "I'll stow my gear and let everyone know about the hide and that the suspected security issue proved to be a historic event. I'm qualified to check out and rate that vacc suit. If it's functional I'll add it to the ship's stocks".

Flighty
"Right on!" Doug replies adding, "Skipper! Gravity coming up in 10, 9...3, 2, 1 and we're back to 1 g."

"Air will take a few minutes, need to bring that up more slowly and cycle to remove any outgassing."
Doug continues "Reminder to those not used to using vacc suits, don't unbutton until you see full green on your suit sensors. That'll mean you have acceptable pressure and oxygen, and all outgassed taints in the air have been removed. This should happen before we're back to 1 atmosphere, so you might need to yawn a few times to reduce pressure on your ears."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:03 pm
terrymixon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:20 pm

Flighty
"Right on!" Doug replies adding, "Skipper! Gravity coming up in 10, 9...3, 2, 1 and we're back to 1 g."

"Air will take a few minutes, need to bring that up more slowly and cycle to remove any outgassing."
Doug continues "Reminder to those not used to using vacc suits, don't unbutton until you see full green on your suit sensors. That'll mean you have acceptable pressure and oxygen, and all outgassed taints in the air have been removed. This should happen before we're back to 1 atmosphere, so you might need to yawn a few times to reduce pressure on your ears."
"Copy that." He'll pass the word and follow the advice.

Flighty
helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by helvorn »

Donovan took Zaki's pistol with a frown. "Sorry" he muttered.

He was on edge as they came out of Jump and was immediately busy processing signals. "Ah, they were expecting us to head here. Our paranoia is not misplaced." Donovan frowns as he examined the instruments. "Gotcha! There is an outgoing signal coming from the avionics systems. I've recorded it and we can try to break it during Jump." Donovan met Sigrun's veiled challenge with a smile. "I'd take you with no witnesses in accordance with my sinister plan. Besides, you still owe me melee training!"
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by terrymixon »

helvorn wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 am Donovan took Zaki's pistol with a frown. "Sorry" he muttered.

He was on edge as they came out of Jump and was immediately busy processing signals. "Ah, they were expecting us to head here. Our paranoia is not misplaced." Donovan frowns as he examined the instruments. "Gotcha! There is an outgoing signal coming from the avionics systems. I've recorded it and we can try to break it during Jump." Donovan met Sigrun's veiled challenge with a smile. "I'd take you with no witnesses in accordance with my sinister plan. Besides, you still owe me melee training!"
"Thanks, Donovan. Bob, Doug, we'll want to find out what was transmitting in the avionics package. I'd appreciate it if you could look it over together just to be sure there are multiple eyes on it."

Flighty
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 am Donovan met Sigrun's veiled challenge with a smile. "I'd take you with no witnesses in accordance with my sinister plan. Besides, you still owe me melee training!"
She grins cheerfully "You would try". *

Switching subjects she agrees expectantly "We have a whole week ahead to start melee practice".

(OOC: * Perhaps it's something to do with the pheromones in gun oil but the more guns she possess the more "alpha" she seems to get... :roll: :)

Alternatively "robust joshing" might well be the natural resting state of camaraderie among Swordy Raiders - a whole pack of "alpha axemen"... :shock: ).
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:54 pm
helvorn wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 am Donovan met Sigrun's veiled challenge with a smile. "I'd take you with no witnesses in accordance with my sinister plan. Besides, you still owe me melee training!"
She grins cheerfully "You would try". *

Switching subjects she agrees expectantly "We have a whole week ahead to start melee practice".

(OOC: * Perhaps it's something to do with the pheromones in gun oil but the more guns she possess the more "alpha" she seems to get... :roll: :)

Alternatively "robust joshing" might well be the natural resting state of camaraderie among Swordy Raiders - a whole pack of "alpha axemen"... :shock: ).
Flighty is looking forward to this. We'll see how long that lasts. ;)
helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#55 Post by helvorn »

terrymixon wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:23 pm
helvorn wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 am Donovan took Zaki's pistol with a frown. "Sorry" he muttered.

"Thanks, Donovan. Bob, Doug, we'll want to find out what was transmitting in the avionics package. I'd appreciate it if you could look it over together just to be sure there are multiple eyes on it."

Flighty
"The three of us will definitely track it down. Do we have anyone good with computers? We may need to hack in to the mainframe or some of the auxiliary processors in the avionics package and to help cracking the message." Donovan looked over at Doug and Bob. "Let's get on his once we have the post jump entry maintenance and calibration completed." He pulled the message up on the display to see if it was encrypted at all.

He laughed jovially with Sigrun. "I may be serious or perhaps I'm starting our training early and testing your alertness!"
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:41 pm He laughed jovially with Sigrun. "I may be serious or perhaps I'm starting our training early and testing your alertness!"
She cheerfully retorts "I look forward to our training. We will see which has the keener edge - your blade or your tongue".

Maintaining her good humour she adds "Your "swagger" already improves!"

She confides "This is how warriors test and size each other up. There is no malice or insult intended when warrior strangers exchange jibes but instead a challenge that must be offered and returned. It is a test of "worthiness" and honour and prevents fights. Once it has been established a warrior is in proper company talk can turn to whatever business is at hand or entertainment and ale - after all who would want to drink with a níðingr!"
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:22 pm
She cheerfully retorts "I look forward to our training. We will see which has the keener edge - your blade or your tongue".
Zaki rolls her eyes. "I'm sure you'd like to see how good he is with his tongue."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#58 Post by helvorn »

She confides "This is how warriors test and size each other up. There is no malice or insult intended when warrior strangers exchange jibes but instead a challenge that must be offered and returned. It is a test of "worthiness" and honour and prevents fights. Once it has been established a warrior is in proper company talk can turn to whatever business is at hand or entertainment and ale - after all who would want to drink with a níðingr!"
Donovan chuckled and then grinned widely. "I like to think that I am equally skilled with the blade and the tongue." He glanced over at Zaki. "Would you like a personal lesson from me to demonstrate what I learn from Sigrun in the warrior arts of the blade and the tongue?" Donovan winked at Sigrun as he stuck out his tongue at Zaki. "I'm sure both of you ladies will be quite amazed at my prowess or at least my powers of unlimited bullshit."

He stepped back out of punching range from Zaki. "Jibes and verbal challenges are part of the glue that holds a good team together and makes a good team into one that excels. At least I have passed the bullshit test and I'm ready to move on to getting real bruises."
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by terrymixon »

helvorn wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:33 pm

Donovan chuckled and then grinned widely. "I like to think that I am equally skilled with the blade and the tongue." He glanced over at Zaki. "Would you like a personal lesson from me to demonstrate what I learn from Sigrun in the warrior arts of the blade and the tongue?" Donovan winked at Sigrun as he stuck out his tongue at Zaki. "I'm sure both of you ladies will be quite amazed at my prowess or at least my powers of unlimited bullshit."

He stepped back out of punching range from Zaki. "Jibes and verbal challenges are part of the glue that holds a good team together and makes a good team into one that excels. At least I have passed the bullshit test and I'm ready to move on to getting real bruises."
“A cunning linguist, indeed.”

Flighty
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Tiglath »

helvorn wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:33 pm Donovan winked at Sigrun as he stuck out his tongue at Zaki. "I'm sure both of you ladies will be quite amazed at my prowess or at least my powers of unlimited bullshit."

joertexas wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:07 pm
Zaki rolls her eyes. "I'm sure you'd like to see how good he is with his tongue."
Sigrún laces her hands behind her head "So far I've parried it well enough and Donovan is wise enough to know that amongst warriors he should keep it behind his teeth so that it might longer remain in his head".

She leans forward, rubs at her right her temple and eyes Donovan levelly. She then candidly states "You are well enough made. If I have a need for your tongue or any other of your parts I'll let you know so you may decide to join me or not. Assume otherwise and I'll make you into a crow's feast". With this very last line she is suddenly so very much "not joking anymore"* and whatever her last Swordy metaphor actually meant there's something in the gaze of her mismatched eyes that affirms that she's done it before. Perhaps then acknowledging (but not admitting to) her overreaction she adds "I have a pain in my head. It will just be the wound healing but the double jump transition has aggravated it".

She then turns from Donovan and deliberately leans into Zaki's personal space smelling of wargear and workouts says "Would it vex you if I favoured Donovon? Do you recall my story about the Imperial Naval Officer and the skinsuit? I'm sure that I remembered it due to your display in the medbay. The ending to that story was that I gained a fine vacc suit but both she and I went away happy - so now I owe you for two good memories". She adds casually "You have seen my scars. You know that they don't define us? They are nothing more than the maps to our lives".

(OOC: * Which seems both very much an over reaction to Donovan's nothing but friendly banter and way too defensive (or merely evidence that Swordies just really are "hair trigger lunatics").

@helvorn: A "belt and bracers" play note here (because PbP can "mistranslate" and "misconstrue") this is a Sigrun problem. Donovan is blameless and seems to have walked right into it through no fault of his own. joertexas has had the misfortune to play with me before and so may be more used to Sigrun's theatrics.

terrymixon wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:15 pm “A cunning linguist, indeed.”

Or, in a nostalgic description that similarly rolls off the tongue "Kinda lingers".

Edited: added some dialogue and OOC notes.

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”