What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: What would YOU like to play or run? (Interest Catch-all)

#501 Post by Rex »

You are more than welcome. Feel free to ask questions if you want. PM's or just ask and I can add you to the game so you can post questions. Back when I ran my first game on here it was a Harn setting game using the BlueHolme rule set and the author of the rules joined just to lurk and see how it went. We had several cool PM discussions about how the play went.
Valdus
Guide
Guide

#502 Post by Valdus »

I would like to run a Usurper Claim to Power game, starting small but may get into fighting kingdoms and playing leaders in the future.

Something like....
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by jemmus »

The information on Usurper Claim to Power doesn't provide much about how the large-scale politics system (if any) works. It does say that PCs can command armies. Are there any rules about nation vs. nation? Or does anyone have a recommendation for that kind of RPG system?
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by Leitz »

jemmus wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:27 am Are there any rules about nation vs. nation? Or does anyone have a recommendation for that kind of RPG system?
ACKS Domains at War would be my choice, but if you talk to scarik, he knows a lot more about the system. Let him know what you're looking for and he can point you in the right direction.

ADDENDUM I'm not sure why the DriveThrough says the page count is 12, it's over 200 combined for Campaigns and Battles.
Last edited by Leitz on Wed May 15, 2024 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
scarik
Ranger
Ranger

#505 Post by scarik »

If we are talking feudal domains I definitely recommend ACKS as Leitz says.

It’s based on Basic D&D but any combat system can be adapted to it. It scales up well from small units of a dozen up to armies where the individual units are full brigades.
Valdus
Guide
Guide

#506 Post by Valdus »

Usurper is a spring board, a starting point, for just about any fantasy situation. It has a lot to say about factions, but nothing crunchy at all.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#507 Post by cybersavant »

Pathfinder 1e Adventure Path - Wrath of the Righteous game ID 1069

I have 2 (maybe 3) players requesting i run this, so i'm looking for 2-4 more players to join them

DETAILS : :

Pf 1e – AP – Wrath of the Righteous

Accepted sources: core, advanced class guide, advanced player's guide (no hero points), advanced race guide, adventurer's guide, book of the damned, horror adventures (not fleshwarp, not corruptions), occult adventures (not psychic duel, not rituals), unchained classes (background skills, artistry & lore skills, stamina/combat tricks feats, esoteric material components), planar adventures, ultimate campaign (unrestricted traits), ultimate combat (piecemeal armor), ultimate equipment, ultimate intrigue, ultimate magic (familiars, words of power), ultimate wilderness, all bestiaries,
kobold press- advanced race compendium (not gear points), deep magic, new paths compendium
legendary games- gothic campaign compendium (chirurgical procedures, not mythos)
old spice– gentleman class
playground- royal class
rite publishing- in the company of dragons, fey, monsters, unicorns, secrets of adventuring, 101 series
player companions, golarion campaign settings, paizo blog
d20 srd animals

character creation/ house rules
28 point buy, 2 traits + 1 campaign trait, max hps at 1st level (re-roll 1s thereafter), background skills, emerging guns, bonus 0level spells, keen & improved critical stack, archetypes, traits, flaws, drawbacks, no spheres, no taking 10/20
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

DM - Wrath of the Righteous (PF1)

Return to “Looking for players or games”