Shadowdark

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Shadowdark

#21 Post by Rex »

I would be up for giving it a try.
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Odin One Eye »

Me too.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ybn1197 »

I'm still interested. And I like Shaidar's suggestion. This way, the game doesn't get held up and interest lost.
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by beniliusbob »

shaidar wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:55 pm I'd be interested.

As for posting rate, what I've seen work well in other games is set 'update days', e.g. Sunday, Tuesday, friday. If someone doesn't post their player action in time for the next update the game moves on. Just a thought.
That's a great idea, thanks shaidar! Similar to my philosophy for the tabletop where people get sucked into a temporally anomalous pocket dimension if they can't make the game lol.

I'd likely aim for resolutions on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday or thereabouts.
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by beniliusbob »

Looks like there are at least four people interested, so I'll see about creating a thread...
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by shaidar »

Well, thank Pulpatoon, that's when I saw it first used, in one of his games.

It also means people know how much time they have to formulate their next action, consider it and post at a convenient time.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

dmw71 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:49 am I’m guessing they’ll fill up during the early VIP sales.
Scott308 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:35 pm Yeah, most likely.
Actually, Scott might not know this, as he is only a volunteer.....( :lol: inside joke)

But GHC's policy is to leave at least 2 seats in every game open to general registration. Including the Special Guest games.

So, there is a chance for regular badge holders to get in every game they offer.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

beniliusbob wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:34 pm I’m interested in trying Shadowdark as well. If there’s still interest, I’d be happy to run a game here using the Quickstart rules and the free adventure that comes with them (Citadel of the Scarlet Minotaur).

As dmw pointed out, some hacking would be required for Shadowdark to run in PBP, but I don’t think there’s anything insurmountable.

I’d be thinking a posting rate of every other day/three times a week, GM rolls except for spicy stuff (like death related rolls), rules as written as much as possible to test the mechanics, with four to six players.

Let me know what you think!
I really want to try this system as well, but I know I have some hospital time coming up that will likely have me away from the games for a short while.

I wouldn't want to put any burden on the progress, so if it works for you, I will watch as this game develops in hopes of jumping in at some point in the future.
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by beniliusbob »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:21 pm
beniliusbob wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:34 pm I’m interested in trying Shadowdark as well. If there’s still interest, I’d be happy to run a game here using the Quickstart rules and the free adventure that comes with them (Citadel of the Scarlet Minotaur).

As dmw pointed out, some hacking would be required for Shadowdark to run in PBP, but I don’t think there’s anything insurmountable.

I’d be thinking a posting rate of every other day/three times a week, GM rolls except for spicy stuff (like death related rolls), rules as written as much as possible to test the mechanics, with four to six players.

Let me know what you think!
I really want to try this system as well, but I know I have some hospital time coming up that will likely have me away from the games for a short while.

I wouldn't want to put any burden on the progress, so if it works for you, I will watch as this game develops in hopes of jumping in at some point in the future.
Absolutely! We’ll start small and see how it grows. It’s a very intriguing system on paper, so I’m excited to see how it plays.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

beniliusbob wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:15 pm Absolutely! We’ll start small and see how it grows. It’s a very intriguing system on paper, so I’m excited to see how it plays.
Awesome!

Looking forward to it! :D

Thanks!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Me too. I have come to dislike 5e and hoping this fixes that.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#32 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:15 pm
Actually, Scott might not know this, as he is only a volunteer.....( :lol: inside joke)
As opposed to my daughter, Gamehole Jones (pronounced gamma hole-ay), who is the convention CEO, founder, and namesake.

And, wow, that's a deep cut on that inside joke! Going back to the old GHC forum for that one. Nice job!
But GHC's policy is to leave at least 2 seats in every game open to general registration. Including the Special Guest games.

So, there is a chance for regular badge holders to get in every game they offer.
Rob is correct. I had forgotten that at least two seats will be held for general registration. So, I'm saying there's a chance. And let's be honest, some of those wishlists will have them lower priority than other games in that time frame or other special events and so won't take one of those seats. I know I have one of them on my wishlist, but I have other games higher on the list that I hope to get into instead.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by beniliusbob »

Alright, I think I've got the campaign set up and shaidar, ybn1197, Rex, and Odin One Eye added. Character generation rules and a place for character sheets has been set up.

My apologies in advance for any technical shenanigans on my end.

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewforum.php?f=1430
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by beniliusbob »

Hey all. I’m looking for a couple more players for this game. Let me know if you’re interested!
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Marullus »

I'd love to, as I started the thread! But I can't keep up with post-rate right now.
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by beniliusbob »

Marullus wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:40 am I'd love to, as I started the thread! But I can't keep up with post-rate right now.
No worries! Maybe we’ll have to think about the posting rate if this is too fast for most…
beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by beniliusbob »

... and... we are good! Thanks all.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by rredmond »

Just wanted to alert you folks to the new game starting up here: viewtopic.php?p=684153

Also, I'm not sure if $100 for the whole shebang is good or not, but I just saw this on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/145521866140
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#39 Post by Scott308 »

That package was $109 in the Kickstarter. Granted, that also included PDFs of things, but it is a reasonable price. I don't know how hard it is to find any Shadowdark stuff, but neither Noble Knight nor Dragon's Trove have anything in stock.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

I just got my book from the kickstarter today.

Return to “Looking for players or games”