OOC III

Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC III

#321 Post by Luis »

frobozz wrote:
Luis wrote:Well then, guess Saul and I just figured out what we're doing for the next four days. We're off to get our money, pretty sure the horse saddle bags have enough space for that much coin and we'll hunt for food on the way to Threshold.

Try not to put up too many wanted ads :lol:
Hey Luis, I noticed Saul still have his pearl in his possession. That pearl is worth 500 gp. Maybe the village would accept that as payment and you could scale down the expenses a little bit (500 gp still makes for a pretty damn good party!) Heading back to Threshold alone would make us all worry about Saul, and I'm pretty sure it would also be a real pain in the ass for TK (think of all the random encounter rolls he would have to make!) Anyway, it might be worth a try to see if they would accept the pearl as payment for the party.
Didn't think of that yesterday, too tired. Yeah, probably the best idea, probably just neater if we can retcon everything as 500gps and be done with it.
Saul Falla (Level 4 Human Thief) - Thirdkingdom's In Search of Adventure (Dark Dungeons)
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by thirdkingdom »

riftstone wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:So, here's the deal with weapon training. An individual can train by themselves as described in the attachment and summarized by Lanny. According to the rulebook, in order to receive training you've got to study with someone who has equal or better mastery of the same weapon. So, if you're using a long sword the trainer also has to be as skilled or better in the weapon. I am not doing this. Instead, various NPCs will have an as yet undefined skill/Weapon Feat called Weapon Mastery, which essentially just means they can instruct in any weapon up to a certain point. Therefore, you could find and hire someone who is a Skilled Weapons Master, which means that if hired to instruct will grant the increased chance of success.

As of now this is not a feature available to PCs. There is not one in Jessup. Typically, any decent sized military unit will have a Weapons Master, as will most noble houses, mercenary units, etc. Others can be found "freelancing", either retired or teaching private lessons (in larger cities, for instance).
One thing I always think of with Class or Weapon trainers is Batting Coaches in baseball. They may not be the best hitters, but they sure know a lot about the proper techniques and can teach it just fine to others. So you don't necessarily need to find the best swordsman, just the one who can teach you to be a better swordsman (or woman)!
That's a perfect analogy! And not everyone is able to teach that ability.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by frobozz »

Luis wrote:Yeah, probably the best idea, probably just neater if we can retcon everything as 500gps and be done with it.
Btw, if Saul has his heart set on contributiong 1000 gp, Lanny will offer his own 500 gp pearl to Saul (to be repaid later when the party returns to Threshold and cashes in their current treasure horde). Just let me know and I will update my sheet. I just figured that the official party planner might want to here in the village the next couple of days to help organize the big event. ;)
Lanny - Level 3 Elf - In Search of Adventure
Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#324 Post by Luis »

Well, that would be neater so yeah, I will accept that offer. Thanks a lot.

Kinda bummed about all this, really need to start paying attention to those small details.

I'll remove my pearl when I get home and I'll figure out a way of working this into the game and edit some posts to make some sense out of all of this.
Saul Falla (Level 4 Human Thief) - Thirdkingdom's In Search of Adventure (Dark Dungeons)
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#325 Post by frobozz »

Saul, the pearl is yours! (sheet updated). Hopefully the innkeeper does not decide to take an early retirement and split town after receiving them! :shock:
Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#326 Post by Luis »

Thanks. Made a minor edit to my last post, should do the trick, let's just say Saul and Lanny had a private chat.

Wen we get back to somewhere where we can take out some money you can add 1000gp. Saul pays with interest. Already had the money removed from my sheet so no point in putting the money back and then taking it back out again.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#327 Post by frobozz »

Luis wrote:When we get back to somewhere where we can take out some money you can add 1000gp. Saul pays with interest. Already had the money removed from my sheet so no point in putting the money back and then taking it back out again.
Extremely generous rate of return, Saul, but Lanny cannot accept interest, since this village party benefits all of us. If given 1000gp, Lanny will promptly purchase (2) 500gp pearls and give one to Saul ;) (gems make for excellent portable treasure and can really come in handy in a pinch, as we have seen).

I'm thinking that once we return to Threshold, Lanny will start carrying around only platinum coins, to use for tips and minor expenses (those other coins just weigh me down, man!). Lanny might also break down and finally buy a coin purse. If he does, he will consult with Innana on the latest fashions so that he does not embarass himself in social circles. :lol:
Finglas
Ranger
Ranger

#328 Post by Finglas »

frobozz wrote: I'm thinking that once we return to Threshold, Lanny will start carrying around only platinum coins, to use for tips and minor expenses (those other coins just weigh me down, man!). Lanny might also break down and finally buy a coin purse. If he does, he will consult with Innana on the latest fashions so that he does not embarass himself in social circles. :lol:
Judging from her warrior looks, I am thinking we elves probably know more about purses than Innana!
Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#329 Post by Luis »

frobozz wrote:
Luis wrote:When we get back to somewhere where we can take out some money you can add 1000gp. Saul pays with interest. Already had the money removed from my sheet so no point in putting the money back and then taking it back out again.
Extremely generous rate of return, Saul, but Lanny cannot accept interest, since this village party benefits all of us. If given 1000gp, Lanny will promptly purchase (2) 500gp pearls and give one to Saul ;) (gems make for excellent portable treasure and can really come in handy in a pinch, as we have seen).

I'm thinking that once we return to Threshold, Lanny will start carrying around only platinum coins, to use for tips and minor expenses (those other coins just weigh me down, man!). Lanny might also break down and finally buy a coin purse. If he does, he will consult with Innana on the latest fashions so that he does not embarass himself in social circles. :lol:
Well... can't argue with that logic. Replacing the 1000GPs in my sheet and removing them later on.

Yeah, solid thinking on pearls. We should also see about other gems that could help us carry some wealth for stuff like this.

Finglas, you elvish folks are going to hold an Elf Eye for the Fighter Gal? :lol:
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#330 Post by rremedio »

frobozz wrote: Cool. In that case, perhaps Lanny can use his own 75gp supplies to finish Ventriloquism, Tratiln can use his own 75gp supplies to finish Analyze, and Meagnor can use Drudsa's 75gp supplies to finish Analyze.
Sounds good to me. Meagnor needs to pay the sage another visit anyway.
frobozz wrote:Maybe once Meagnor gets his magical chain mail identified and worn, he can give his plate mail to Semele? It should fit, given that I think the scale mail currently worn by Semele was once worn by Meagnor! The plate mail may require some adjustments though.
Sure! And this time she will get a battle proved armor!
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#331 Post by rremedio »

thirdkingdom wrote:Okay, so there has been enough stuff being bandied about, both here and IC, that I honestly have lost track of what everyone is doing. So, what I would like to see is for each player to post an entry in the Standards thread detailing what their PC will be doing over the next three or four days. Bullet points are fine. If you can organize by date, too (whether day one, day two or by the Karameikan calendar), that would be fantastic. But keep it restricted to just what you want to do so I don't get too lost.

Second, y'all need to figure out what you will be doing next. Here are some basic choices:

1)Return and explore more of the Tower.
2)Confront the orcs with the magic shield to the east (1-1.5 days travel)
3)Follow Innana's map (approx. 1 week travel to the west).
4)Return to Threshold to finish up with Elwyn.
5)Something else.
I'd go for 1-2-3-4. TK guessed my preferences when he made this list :lol:
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#332 Post by frobozz »

Meagnor and/or Tratiln:

Once you learn Analyze, would you be willing to try to identify all of our currently unidentified magic items? They include:

ITEM___________________________________________________________CARRIED BY
2 stoppered glass flasks (from the troll)**_____________________________Drudsa
1 suit of fine chain mail armor**_____________________________________Meagnor
1 stoppered metal flask (from the ogres)**____________________________Drudsa

Analyze does not always work on the first try, so it may take several attempts. Also, I think Tratiln still has a poison antidote, on the rare chance that the unthinkable might happen with one of the potions... ;)
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by thirdkingdom »

I have got limited internet connectivity at the beach and will check out the update Standards thread ASAP. In the meanwhile, I am going to leave it up to you guys to vote on a course of action; it seems like multiple plans have been proposed.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#334 Post by frobozz »

thirdkingdom wrote:I have got limited internet connectivity at the beach and will check out the update Standards thread ASAP. In the meanwhile, I am going to leave it up to you guys to vote on a course of action; it seems like multiple plans have been proposed.
Ok, here is what I have so far of the top 3 choices of each player:

Marodin: tower, kobolds, Threshold/Elwyn
Drudsa: orcs, Threshold/Elwyn, ___
Lanny: kobolds, tower, orcs
Saul: tower, kobolds, Threshold/Elwyn
Innana: orcs, kobolds, tower
Thordin: orcs, kobolds, tower
Meagnor: tower, orcs, Innana's map
Bregalad: ?
Tratiln: tower, Threshold/Elwyn, ___
Semele: (non-voting member)

Based on an elaborate point scheme in which first choice gets 3 points, 2nd choice gets 2 points, and third choice gets 1 point, the score is currently:

tower: 16
kobolds: 11
orcs: 12
Threshold/Elwyn: 6
Innana's map: 1

Bregalad, I did not see your vote (unless I missed something).
Last edited by frobozz on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#335 Post by zebediah »

thirdkingdom wrote:I have got limited internet connectivity at the beach and will check out the update Standards thread ASAP. In the meanwhile, I am going to leave it up to you guys to vote on a course of action; it seems like multiple plans have been proposed.

Thus far we have:

- me/Drudsa (i) chase the orcs and look for the magic shield, (ii) go back to Threshold, (iii) Pick Elwyn's trail again

- sulldawga/Marodin (i) return to the tower

- frobozz/Lanny (i) hunt the kobolds, (ii) return to the tower, (iii) return to Threshold and go after Elwyn

- Innana (i) return to Threshold (if needed), (ii) hunt the kobolds, (iii) return to the tower, (iv) follow the map

- riftstone/Marodin (i) chase the orcs, (ii) hunt the kobolds, (iii) return to the tower

- Rremedio (i) return to the tower, (ii) chase the orcs and look for the magic shield, (iii) follow Innana's map, (iv) return to Threshold and go after Elwyn

- Luis/Saul (i) clearing the cave (I assume you mean going back to the underground levels of the tower, right Luis?), (ii) hunt the kobolds, (iii) go back to Threshold and hunt Elwyn

Thus far returning to the tower has been mentioned more often (6 times) and been rated as the top priority for 3 of us.

Why don't we settle for returning to the tower (clearing it if possible) and once we're done with it we decide what to do next?
Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#336 Post by Luis »

Quite right, I'd like to see the place made safe for Jessup's sake and in case we need it as a base.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by sulldawga »

frobozz wrote:Saul, the pearl is yours! (sheet updated). Hopefully the innkeeper does not decide to take an early retirement and split town after receiving them! :shock:
Any chance I can take both of those pearls and give you guys 1,000 GP? Portability (and security, for that matter) is key for me as well, seeing as how I'm carrying my life savings in a saddlebag.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#338 Post by frobozz »

sulldawga wrote:Any chance I can take both of those pearls and give you guys 1,000 GP? Portability (and security, for that matter) is key for me as well, seeing as how I'm carrying my life savings in a saddlebag.
Ok by me. This actually might work out quite well for everyone involved!
Innana wrote:Innana plans to attend the party in a DRESS! She will have plenty of knives under her skirt and her cestus band on her left wrist. Innana will always have some blades on her :o
Understood. So, basically, look but do not touch. Got it, Saul? ;)
Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#339 Post by Luis »

Sounds good. I'll re-edit my last post with the innkeeper and remove the 1000GP from my CS. Frobozz can add the 500 he is lending me to his sheet when we get to Threshold if the deal stands.

And Saul knows nothing about Innana wearing a dress so right now he plans to get Semele and the town girls drunk and using a few Bluffs on them. :lol:

PS: is the forum acting up for anyone else?
riftstone
Ranger
Ranger

#340 Post by riftstone »

Luis wrote:PS: is the forum acting up for anyone else?
Yes! Looks like the Host is having issues. They said it looks stable now.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”