IC V

Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: IC V

#141 Post by Luis »

Saul curses under his breath, wraps his bow around his back and as soon as there is an opening he tries his luck up close and personal with his dagger.
I think Hedfan only has a 1d6+1 worth of damage at basic proficiency and Saul has a BAB of 2.
Last edited by Luis on Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Saul Falla (Level 4 Human Thief) - Thirdkingdom's In Search of Adventure (Dark Dungeons)
Finglas
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Finglas »

Bregalad the elf

Bregalad backs away from the creature. In desperation he shouts out to the dwarf, "Thordin! It is up to you!"
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#143 Post by frobozz »

Lanny the elf

Seeing his Magic Missile strike its target and the bright light of Bregalad's spell flash in the creature's eyes, Lanny smiles and clenches his fist at his side, but also pauses a moment to guage the reaction of the beast.
TK, does the creature appear to be thrashing around a little as if it is effectively blinded? Or does it appear to be seeing normally (perhaps because of the eyes present on the second head)? For now I'll assume it's the former, but I might adjust my post if it's the latter.
"He is blinded! Finish him now, Thordin!"

Lanny holds his position, keeping a little distance to avoid a wild punch from the creature and keeping his shield held high to protect himself and those behind him.
If Lanny sees fire and oil about to be thrown in his direction, he will try to dash into one of the side rooms if possible to avoid getting burned.
Last edited by frobozz on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lanny - Level 3 Elf - In Search of Adventure
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by sulldawga »

Marodin

"Oil coming in, Thordin! Immortals guide my aim."

Marodin will light a flask of oil and throw it at the abomination.
riftstone
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by riftstone »

Thordin the dwarf is not sure fire will harm the creature and, with grim determination, will move in for the kill.
Magic Sword and Rowan Shield, AC 2 [0 vs. one opponent], +7 to hit with magic sword, 1d12+3 damage, 1 chance to deflect [first attack or monster's bite if it has one], save vs. death ray at 7 or higher.
Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#146 Post by Bouv »

Tratiln, seeing the fire incoming, will make a fighting withdrawal from the creature
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rounds Three and Four

Marodin lights and throws a flask of oil at the hideous undead creature. His throw is rushed, however, and the flask breaks on the ground just in front of the monster, catching both it and Thordin with a splash of flaming oil. Thordin ignores the flames and delivers a solid blow with his blade to the creature's thigh. It burbles in anguish and swings blindly, but Thordin is able to avoid its massive fists. The rest of the party beats a swift retreat upon realizing their attacks are ineffective.

The flaming oil is quickly trampled by the combatants as they go back and forth. Seeing an opportunity, Thordin's blade eviscerates the creature and shriveled, blackened organs spill forth from the thing's belly. It gurgles once, swings wildly again with both fists but misses, and collapses to the ground, dead for true.

I added the rules from ACKS for throwing flasks of oil to the House Rules section. Thordin just missed the save, taking 3 hp. I've got to say, blinding the creature has made all the difference; making at least three hits on Thordin misses.
Luis, I think I missed your intention to attack with Hedfan. Sorry.
rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#148 Post by rremedio »

Meagnor the Elf is relieved by the creature's death. But still worried by not being able to help his friends in the toughest combats.

"Well done, Thordin! Next time we will burn you ourselves so you finish the enemy earlier!"

"Is everyone all right? Let's hope this breaks the curse!"
Arcane Lore check. Meagnor is trying to determine the nature of the creature and its binding to the curse cast upon Bregalad.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#149 Post by frobozz »

Lanny the elf

After a quick glance around to make sure no more creatures are approaching, Lanny wastes no time in retrieving his first aid kit from his backpack.

"Semele, Marodin is hurt. If you will assist him, I will assist Thordin."
First Aid: Wis+1=16. Marodin and Thordin both took 3 hp damage during this fight.
While treating Thordin's wounds, Lanny speaks to the dwarf with a bit of a grin on his face.

"You see, Thordin? Not only can elves and dwarves peacefully co-exist, they can also make highly effective strategic partners in battle. We blind 'em, you grind 'em. Isn't that right, Break-a-leg?"
Last edited by frobozz on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by sulldawga »

Marodin is content to allow Semele to treat his wounds.

"Sorry about that throw, my friend," he says to Thordin. "I hope your beard is not too singed."
riftstone
Ranger
Ranger

#151 Post by riftstone »

Thordin the dwarf
sulldawga wrote:"Sorry about that throw, my friend," he says to Thordin. "I hope your beard is not too singed."
"Ha! Did no one tell you? We dwarves love the flames!"

Thordin moves closer to Marodin and speaks in hushed tones.

"You of all people need not apologize to me. It is a great honor to fight beside you."

He speaks up, "I might be finding a use for all these elves! Even if I can't say your names!"
Finglas
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Finglas »

frobozz wrote:Lanny the elf

....."You see, Thordin? Not only can elves and dwarves peacefully co-exist, they can also make highly effective strategic partners in battle. We blind 'em, you grind 'em. Isn't that right, Break-a-leg?"
riftstone wrote:Thordin the dwarf

....."I might be finding a use for all these elves! Even if I can't say your names!"
Bregalad the elf

Bregalad responds to his cohorts' banter with but a wan smile, for he is unable to turn his gaze from the nightmarish corpse laying upon the ground. Why would anyone defile a body so?

The elf mourns for Sasha, "What can we do for the girl now, but reduce what remains of her body to ash?"
Luis
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by Luis »

Saul takes in a whiff of air from Thordin's direction: "Damn, I was hungry enough without you smelling like bacon..."

He pulls on his belt, looks at the staircase and thinking it safe announces he's going down again. He'll be checking for traps when he reaches the lower floor confident in the stairs having already walked through them twice.
Last edited by Luis on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saul Falla (Level 4 Human Thief) - Thirdkingdom's In Search of Adventure (Dark Dungeons)
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by thirdkingdom »

Both Marodin and Thordin are seen to by the healers, but there is nothing that can be done about their injuries. Meagnor examines the corpse of the creature while the injured are seen to. It appears to have been created by physically joining anatomical parts from a variety of different creatures, literally stitching them together with a coarse, brown thread. While Meagnor has never heard of such a thing, the practice is obviously a perversion of the nature and would never be tolerated by any decent society. Due to the age and condition of the corpse, it is impossible to tell whether the "donors" were alive or dead when the conjoining took place, not that it ethically makes a difference.

Upon a close inspection it does appear as if the body of the girl resembles that of the haunt seen in the upper room. However, Bregalad notices no improvement in his condition.
frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by frobozz »

Lanny the elf

Once the attempt at first aid is complete, Lanny joins Bregalad in standing over the stitched monstrosity.

"I reckon the girl is probably Sasha... and you are probably correct, my friend, that burning the corpse is the best course of action... I just wonder if there are more parts to her corpse lying around somewhere that will also need to be added to the pyre... We know that there should be at least two levels below ground level, and we are currently standing in one of them... I should like to thoroughly search these two floors for body parts and make sure they are clear of creatures before we return to the surface."

Once the party is ready to proceed, Lanny will resume his spot in the marching order.

"Let's proceed carefully and quietly... This is a crypt, and there may be more stitched creatures in the lower level..."
Lanny would like to try to find the rest of the remains of the girl in the lower level before burning the corpse, and perhaps even attempt to properly rejoin the body parts before burning them.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by thirdkingdom »

The girl's corpse seems relatively whole, if added on to. There do not appear to be any parts missing.
Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#157 Post by Bouv »

Tratiln will kneel down by the corpse and say a few words in prayer to rest their tortured souls. "Perhaps, Marodin, you and Semele should perform some sort of burial ceremony for the poor souls that made up this creature and we can properly bury it. I still have a shovel if a grave needs digging."
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by sulldawga »

Marodin

"To help Bregalad, I would gladly do so. I think, in this case, a burial is not needed. If Semele and I pray over the body while we burn it, that should guide her spirit to the Immortals. Semele, do you agree?"
Religious Lore check for Semele, please, to make sure burning is as good as burying.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by thirdkingdom »

sulldawga wrote:Marodin

"To help Bregalad, I would gladly do so. I think, in this case, a burial is not needed. If Semele and I pray over the body while we burn it, that should guide her spirit to the Immortals. Semele, do you agree?"
Religious Lore check for Semele, please, to make sure burning is as good as burying.
Semele, Cleric

She purses her lips. "It should be. I would imagine laying her to rest in any manner -- whether by flame or burial or exposure to the elements like the elves do -- would propitiate her restless spirit."
Bouv
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by Bouv »

Tratiln will suggest, "Why doesn't Thordin travel with Saul and explore a bit, or Lanny or myself, while the rest of us try to bring this up so we can give these poor souls the proper send off they deserve."

Return to “In Search of Adventure”