OOC Discussion 3

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion 3

#381 Post by Stirling »

Better not tell the delving group we found their mates remains in the Gel cube and Quinn has the sword as well as the cloak from the lady mage astrologer.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Zorroroaster »

I gotta say...Summon Berserkers is pretty awesome. :lol:
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#383 Post by kalstone »

Zorroroaster wrote:I gotta say...Summon Berserkers is pretty awesome. :lol:
+1
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Stirling »

I think if we agree to hire the adventure group, we need to have very specific aims and targets for them. We already have the mercs' at the camp and I guess they will move into the two storey tower building.

An achievable goal might be to secure the NW portion of the map, room 14 to 19, including room 23. Get them to completely sweep and clear the area, block up the secret passage behind the dias and secure the dwimmermount main entrance. I think we need to agree one of the party takes responsibility for them or we'll have lots of differing plans. Who is negotiating with them now?

Do we go to the iron door before we go to clear the kobolds or enter level 2?
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Zorroroaster »

I think we should hire the Mage that Solaine has talked to, taking him on as a henchman. As far as the other party for hire....140 a week is a lot of money and for us to have them on retainer puts that much more pressure on us to be always making money.

That being said, I think it might be a good idea to pay them for a week's work doing something outside that keeps them out of Dwimmermount while we investigate the Iron Door. Like guarding the Dwarven Door. Or something. I think we should just try the knocker and see if it works, rather than risk another big scrap with the kobolds to get the key.
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#386 Post by kalstone »

I agree with that.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by drpete »

Any more thoughts about this? Maybe it's best (if there are no clear ideas) to revisit it after the next adventure?

On an unrelated note, I'm going to try to digest some new acks campaign rules and incorporate them here once I get the sense of them.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8
barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#388 Post by barkman »

I think we should invest the money to get the delvers to guard our camp outside Dwimmermount. At least until we recover the treasure room with the knocker/key.

We could hire them, or point the Fists towards the demon that was speaking in our minds. Then hit them on their way out. Act as middle men to the dwarfs and those two companies?
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Zorroroaster »

I agree. If anything, it keeps them out of Dwimmermount while we try for the door.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#390 Post by Dogma »

We should do a short expedition to the iron door to room 6 before hiring on the delvers (no need to tempt them with our new found riches :D :)). Then I like the suggestion that they eventually patrol in Dwimmermount, but just in areas that we've already cleared (north of the great hallway (rooms 26, 27, 28).
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by drpete »

There have been various schemes proposed, and loot left behind because it was too heavy (excavating the face, the wooden chair/throne, the statues, etc) If you want a mission, you could think of those, or cleaning out the orc quarters, or something.

They would work under contract, as mercenaries. There's a guy in Muntberg who officially witnesses contracts, and it's a very Lawful settlement, under Typhon. Violations of contract have stiff penalties. That said, they would be entitled, as a group, to one share of loot (so if there are 5 of them, each of them gets 1/5 of a share). Of course, once they are not under contract, they would know a lot of stuff they could use

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#392 Post by kalstone »

Dogma wrote:We should do a short expedition to the iron door to room 6 before hiring on the delvers (no need to tempt them with our new found riches :D :)). Then I like the suggestion that they eventually patrol in Dwimmermount, but just in areas that we've already cleared (north of the great hallway (rooms 26, 27, 28).
Yeah. I think beelining to the iron door needs to be our first priority.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by Zorroroaster »

+1 to that.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by drpete »

Alright,

So if no one has any other business, I'll get things moving on the nextra expedition. I see things about upkeep from everyone but Quinn, I think. Or did I just miss it?

How do you want to update marching order to include U-Tar?

Also, please update your inventory, etc, by monday.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#395 Post by barkman »

I think Randolpho will purchase a couple of flasks of military oil, if Torgyr hasn't bought out all the stock.

Did we want to get the delvers to stay outside of Dwimmermount to tie them up while we get the treasure?
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Stirling »

What is the current status of Quinn's health. Can any of the party clerics heal him up or does he need to find some extra miracle from elsewhere.
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#397 Post by kalstone »

He needs a 6th level cleric, which basically means we need to go to Adamas to heal him.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by drpete »

Barkman, let me know how many you want, and put it in the transactions thread. Torgyr is getting a lot, but the Alchemist's can produce a bit more for you.

Quinn's health situation progresses like this... he gets hit with the hammer and nearly killed. He has a messed up leg, which was so serious that he could barely move. After a week of bedrest, this is better, but the leg is still messed up. He can heal his hp now (and Galen cures him to full hp) but the knee damage is still there, beyond a physicians ability to heal... too serious for minor miracles. He does not have the stamina to do strenuous activity for more than 8 hours a day (I'll warn you in adventures), and can't lug as much gear around as a man with two good legs.

This can be healed by a high enough level cleric... there just aren't any in this little town.

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#399 Post by barkman »

Side note - if I wanted to the equivalent to scientific glassware, some beakers/flasks, how much would it cost and would it be available?
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by drpete »

Theoretically, this could be almost any amount of money, since it's kind of an open question. Would you want an alchemy lab's worth, or a bunch of glass vials, or something in between?

There's a thing you can get like an alchemist kit for 25 gp, that's a case with vials, tubes, alembics, crucibles and such. It's fragile and 2 stone, but sort of portable. That the kind of thing you want?

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”