Chapter 4: Wizard's Basement

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 4: Wizard's Basement

#561 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"As my friends say, Baron, perhaps you would allow us a brief foray back in to the basement to search for the journal in the morning, once we've rested?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#562 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Baron Sherlane nods his head "It's not my place but I see no reason why that cannot happen."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#563 Post by alver »

Urtesi

When the party prepares to rest for the night, the elf addresses the others. "I will leave the house tomorrow. My diplomatic mission here was over long ago and it is time I should return to elven lands. I bid you all good bye. I do not want a share of things we took from the basement, it would slow me down. Please do with it as you see fit."

The next morning he leaves on a path down the hill, never to be seen or heard from again.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#564 Post by GreyWolfVT »

fast tracking this getting the final chest opened. After a bit of time Kaeron finds a key on a ring of keys he had inherited along with everything else in this mansion, a key that opens the last chest that the group brought up with them. Inside this chest is a pair of blue elven boots , a wand, a sling, a sword, and three leather-bound books. Two books are spellbooks! The first contains the spells floating disc, light, continual light and invisibility. The second contains the spells magic missile, protection from evil, knock, and mirror image. The third book is a notebook. The very notebook that the Baron asked if you located.

Kaerin grabs out the notebook and starts leafing through it. Kaerin gets to the last page, and look anxious. He gives it to Baron Sherlane to read. Sherlane then tells the group politely "I would be very grateful if you would stay. You're all involved in something of great import. For your own protection, I feel you should know what is going on. I wish to speak with some of my advisors about some of the entries in this notebook."

Before both Kaerin and the Baron leave they share the last entry in the wizard's notebook.

Last page of Diary
. . . is puzzling. Haradraith 's Keep seems to be where this force is assembling. It is still weak, but growing. The leader is a self-styled warrior queen and has an evil spellcaster with her. It seems she is mad, but is cunning enough to raise this rabble and prepare for-what? It may be that Arturus 's first-born is this "queen ." She was always an evil bandit, and she may have stumbled upon some item of evil power. I may have confirmation from a trusted servant soon. The " queen " may try to take what she madly thinks is her birthright by force. Even if she cannot take Penhaligon and I do not know how long she will wait, how great her force will grow she could destroy Stallanford and wreak havoc along the Duke 's Road. She MUST be stopped. If only Kaerin were here-I must get word to him about this . . . .

the adventure continues here: Chapter 5
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Archive”