GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

GreyWolfVT
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (Intros & In Between Quests)

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Welcome All! the tavern has a strange decor, a Dwarf stands behind the bar and has a big bushy beard and a grin "All are welcome here come sit have a drink spin a tale."
Tavern.jpg
Tavern.jpg (56.46 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
Intros and other in character chatter can happen here.

Poster that the barkeep shows anyone asking about something to do. Found here Adventurer's Wanted Poster
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: GreyBeard Tavern & Tap (OOC Stuff)

#2 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

A gnome, pushes the door of the tavern open like some wild west saloon. He strides in. It takes him several strides to get to the bar cus' he has short legs.

Over his shoulder he carries a large miner's pick though it seems to have a curved frame and ratchet pulley attached to one side. It doubles as a heavy crossbow it seems. A glinting cleaver, smelling of fish since it was recently used to chop haddock heads is tucked in his belt.

He clambers on a stool and calls the bartender over.

"A horse walked into a bar once. Bartender asked him. 'Why the long face?'" He laughs even if no once else does. Passing a coin over for a beer he adds a scribbled note.

"Been lost on a Shiny Island. Now I am found. Come to collect these. Been sent ahead for me. Name's Fez. Big Fez"

Miscellaneous magic [1d100] = 51 [1d100] = 68 [1d20] = 8 [1d20] = 3

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

A stout dwarf approaches the bar he has a red beard streaked with some gray. He's the build of a fighter from the looks of him he's probably been in quite a few battles bar fights or maybe adventuring. Eying the numbers he says "Alright looks like yah got yerself some things here one minute. I'll be right back out. Don't go nowhere." he goes into a backroom and comes back out carrying a couple of items, pair of boots, and chainmail armor. "Got yerself here boots of levitation, and chainmail armor +1." he hands you a card explaining about the boots.

Boots of Levitation: As with other magical boots, these soft boots expand or contract to fit giant to halfling-sized feet. Boots of
levitation enable the wearer to ascend or descend vertically, at will. The speed of ascent/descent is 20 feet per round, with no limitation
on duration. The amount of weight the boots can levitate is randomly determined in 14-pound increments by rolling 1d20 and adding the
result to a base of 280 pounds (i.e., a given pair of boots can levitate from 294 to 560 pounds of weight). Thus, an ogre could wear such boots, but its weight would be too great to levitate. (See the 2nd-level wizard spell, levitation.)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by tarlyn »

Montgomery "Monty" Montaghue

A woman walks into the tavern soon after Ferris. A green cloak covers her splint mail. Long brown hair flows down her front and back, two nice braids flow down the front as well. A symbol of Chu Chulain hangs from her chest. A scabbard hangs from each hip, exactly the same size, it would appear.

"Good day to you, kind sir" she addresses the barkeep. Handing over a piece of paper as well, she relates the same query as Ferris did.

"I have been sent here to collect some items. My name is Montgomery Montaghue."

I got mine already but thought this idea was great so posting here as well :)
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The barkeep eyes the woman "Strange name for a lady. I'll be right back you just wait right there missy." he does the same as he did for the gnome goes into the backroom and comes out bearing a ring and a katana. "This here's a katana +1 and that ring there is a ring o sustenance, just don't tell me chef bout that." he hands over a card explaining about the ring.

Ring of Sustenance: This magical ring provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment even though he or she might go for days without food or drink. The ring also refreshes the body and mind, so that its wearer needs to sleep only two hours per day to gain the benefit of eight hours of sleep. The ring must be worn for a full week in order to function properly. If it is removed, the wearer immediately loses its benefit and must wear it for another week to reattune it to himself. After functioning for any period of seven consecutive days, a ring of sustenance will cease to function for a week while it replenishes itself.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

"Seems like I be going up in the world." He puts them on for size and clicks the spurred heels. He levitate a few inches off the ground. "Smart, now I get to look you in the face."

He grabs his beer and floats up, eventually he finds himself perched on a ceiling rafter with a good view of everybody for a change.

ta. Inventory edited.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ha I love this. IC stuff in OOC. :lol:

Also looks like some adjusting needs to be done I mentioned in the creation topic that everyone starts with 5,000 XP divide among classes if you have more than 1. So please adjust on your sheets folks. :)

Also feel free to use this as a means for the characters to "introduce" to one another.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by tarlyn »

"Than you kindly sir."

She smirks to herself at the gnome and nods at him. Looking around, she searches for a table. Turning to Ferris she

attempts to strike up a conversation " Pardon me, master gnome, I seem to have noticed you are here for the

same reason as myself. I am Montgomery Montaghue. Whom might i have the pleasure of talking with? Shall

we share a table?"

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

Drains his ale after the invitation. There is a fireside table across the room. Still testing the new prototype boots out, he tries to walk upside down across the ceiling and goes around the chandelier humming a little tune. "Spider gnome,
spider gnome, does whatever a spider gnome does ..."

He takes a seat. "Hmm, the real deal. Made by gnomical technomages. Look there is the trademark tick. GNike Airmax."

He looks at the armoured figure. "Ferris. You must be my new bodyguard?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by tarlyn »

Bluetongue wrote:Ferris

Drains his ale after the invitation. There is a fireside table across the room. Still testing the new prototype boots out, he tries to walk upside down across the ceiling and goes around the chandelier humming a little tune. "Spider gnome,
spider gnome, does whatever a spider gnome does ..."

He takes a seat. "Hmm, the real deal. Made by gnomical technomages. Look there is the trademark tick. GNike Airmax."

He looks at the armoured figure. "Ferris. You must be my new bodyguard?"
Montgomery merely smiles at his antics and sits at the table. "I know not if I am to be your bodyguard, but if that is the case, then so be it." She orders a salad and hot beverage.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

Mctavish walks into the tavern stroking his long red braided beard taking in the surroundings.

he strides to the bar and pulls himself up on a stool

I'll be 'avin an ale laddy

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The barkeep eyes the dwarf "Ale. I got just tha thing fer yah cousin." he pulls out a nice dwarven mug (about a quart sized mug) and fills it from a keg of dwarven ale (the really good stuff. The stuff that makes your beard grow longer.) He then slides the mug to the dwarf. "On tha house. It'll make yer beard grow another beard."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:The barkeep eyes the dwarf "Ale. I got just tha thing fer yah cousin." he pulls out a nice dwarven mug (about a quart sized mug) and fills it from a keg of dwarven ale (the really good stuff. The stuff that makes your beard grow longer.) He then slides the mug to the dwarf. "On tha house. It'll make yer beard grow another beard."

Tis a fin mug indeed.

he drains the ale

By Goibhniu's hammer tis a fin ale indeed cousin. Mctavish Hammerblow of Clan Hammerblow at ye service.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Yagul walks in, glances around and heads for an empty table in the corner. His crimson mantle covering his face, but everyone recognizes him anyways.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

wolfpack wrote: Tis a fin mug indeed.

he drains the ale

By Goibhniu's hammer tis a fin ale indeed cousin. Mctavish Hammerblow of Clan Hammerblow at ye service.
Brax Greybeard smiles "Me homebrew, names Brax Greybeard proprietor of this ere establishment. Glad yah like it."
Rex wrote:Yagul walks in, glances around and heads for an empty table in the corner. His crimson mantle covering his face, but everyone recognizes him anyways.
the barkeep seeing the half-orc enter shouts over to him "Oye! What can I get yah? Sitting alone eh? Well ere let me bring ya something ta drink." the dwarf grabs a normal pint mug and fills it with dwarven ale and brings it to Yagul's table "On the house lad enjoy." and he walks back over to the bar and starts wiping down some mugs with a rag.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

"Thank you good sir." Yagul waits for the the keep to get back to the bar before unwrapping his shemag and drinking his drink. "Very fine indeed."

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Bluetongue »

Ferris

The little gnome is quite observant, watching folk enter. Some glimmers of recognition from long ago. Perhaps some not long enough.

Oh my lady. You might be seeing why I be needing a bodyguard," he says to Monty as the masked hulk goes to the bar. He slinks down a bit behind the bench he sits at fiddling with some woolly braids which decorate his moustache. He mutters a few inaudible words, coughing into his hands.

Figuring that we know each other though Monty has the word polymorphed in his description, perhaps this is why I don't recognise him?

Ferris is going to cast Audible Glamour which creates the noise relative to a small group of people. Specifically as Yagul drinks his ale, I am creating loud comical slurping sounds and a burp. Creaking floorboards under his steps.

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by tarlyn »

Montgomery

The Paladin splits her attention between her plate, Ferris and the room. After he speaks, she raises an eyebrow quizzically
but says nothing. Though now she will pay more attention to the room and perhaps Ferris.

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Brax Greybeard looks the group gathered so far in the tavern "So what brings ya all ere eh? Some promise of great adventure I s'pose?"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by tarlyn »

Montgomery

"The chance to destroy any undead", comes her quick yet serious reply. The look on her
face confirms her reply.

Return to “The Haunted Tower (2e)”