Library Look-around. Sam & Hrothgar investigation #1

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Library Look-around. Sam & Hrothgar investigation #1

#41 Post by Taaz »

Jason walks up and hears the tail end of the conversation.

Oh, hey, thank you. The Ghostbusters really appreciate the assist
I am going to try Cools to walk in and "take over the scene" if this was a police procedural this would be the detective walking up scene hopefully this is enough to do it

Cool: [4d6] = 16 Ghost:[1d6] = 1
Jason walks over to the officer with the crate, pulling up a "demo mode" on the PKE add on of his phone.
As he gets close to the man holding the crate he hits the demo mode and sends the pike lights flashing and a high pitched beeping. Woah looks like I got here right on time, I appreciate the help from all of you. He holds the carrier and smiles hoping no one asks too many questions.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Taaz »

I just noticed the ghost die ..womp womp..

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam arrives back to the Mormon records center parking lot carrying a single bagged paper bag full of canned cat foods. As he approaches the building he notices the animal control vehicle and says, What is going on here - did some opossums invite themselves into your building? A raccoon in a glove compartment?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Jason[/b] wrote: walks up and hears the tail end of the conversation.

Oh, hey, thank you. The Ghostbusters really appreciate the assist...

Cool: [4d6] = 16 Ghost:[1d6] = 1

Jason walks over to the officer with the crate, pulling up a "demo mode" on the PKE add on of his phone.

Brains: [3d6] = 10 Ghost:[1d6] = 6 BP:[4d6] = 11

As he gets close to the man holding the crate he hits the demo mode and sends the pike lights flashing and a high pitched beeping. Woah looks like I got here right on time, I appreciate the help from all of you. He holds the carrier and smiles hoping no one asks too many questions.
Taaz wrote:I just noticed the ghost die ..womp womp..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The animal control officer looks at the PKE and looks genuinely impressed but then looks down at his hand as Jason tries to take the carrier out of it just as Hrothgar gets agitated inside and begins thumping around inside the plastic confines. The animal control officer takes a step back and holds his free hand out. If you need to do some work in here, I will call it in and clear the premises but I have been asked to remove this cat, please step aside.
Samwell Turleton wrote:Sam arrives back to the Mormon records center parking lot carrying a single bagged paper bag full of canned cat foods. As he approaches the building he notices the animal control vehicle and says, What is going on here - did some opossums invite themselves into your building? A raccoon in a glove compartment?
And just like clockwork, here comes Samwell. The officer looks up just before radioing in and locked eyes with the wayward cat owner. Sir, is this your cat? The officer eyes the bag a moment before looking back up.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam acknowledges the officer, Yes, this is indeed my beloved cat Hrothgar - I am surprised that Ben Shipley didn't tell you all about him. He is a Maine Coon - 18lbs if you will believe it! Did you know that there is a legend that the breed comes from the cross of a raccoon and a domestic cat? Sam will continue to provide non-sequiturs about Maine Coon cats, the weather, and the things he has done today while setting down the bag of cat food before approaching the officer to take the container off their hands.

Moves roll approaching the officer to get the carrier: Moves [3d6] = 10 : [1d6] = 6

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Taaz »

Ah, Sam! Jason greets the man, Sam is a colleague here new in town, I can help him and Hrothgar get back to our headquarters.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Bluehorse »

Samwell Turleton wrote:Sam ...before approaching the officer to take the container off their hands.

Moves roll approaching the officer to get the carrier: Moves [3d6] = 10 : [1d6] = 6
The officer steps back from Sam and puts up his other hand on the Buster's chest. Sir, step back. We still have a case of an abandoned animal on the premises that was clearly marked no pets allowed. You cannot bring a animal in here, nor can you leave one in a carrier at random to go run errands. I am going to issue you a citation if you try this again or reach for him while he is in my custody.
Now, if you leave here with him right now, and there is not more trouble, I will let you off with a written warning, but this can never happen again. And
he looks at Jason. as for what you showed me and said, do we need to clear people out of her now?
I am going to need to radio in on this...

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam says, I am sure this is just a big misunderstanding as I had discussed Hrothgar with Ben Shipley when I first arrived here. It is very important to have the emotional support of animals such as Hrothgar when you are in my position - registered ESA's are most essential!

Do I need to file the paperwork somewhere?

Sam is going to agree to take Hrothgar from the records center and not come back for now but would like to collect the officer's name and identification.

Sir, may I have your name and identification?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Taaz »

Jason scratches his chin while listening to the officer, still pretending to be engrossed by his PKE, I think everything should be fine here he walks over to the carrier and waves the PKE around haphazardly Very interesting, he leans to Sam and whispers Just go with me and looks around finally looking into the carrier.

Oh God, its not the building its emanating from the cat carrier,he looks at Sam and each of the people om the scene. He steps up to the officer Please sir I have to ask you to set that down, its emanating massive amounts of psychomagnatheric zeta wave radiation, how long have you been in close contact with this being? Are you feeling all right? No intrusive thoughts that could be a class 7 inter-dimensional being attempting to break into your mind? He takes a step back from the carrier and zips his jumpsuit as far as it will go up while looking that the carrier.

Edit: Cleaning up typos

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Urson »

LOL!!!
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Bluehorse »

The police officer seems about to exchange information with Sam when Jason starts his show. Slowly the cop, good intended though he is about it all, seems to get more nervous and puts the carrier down. Wait... what? You're saying this thing is putting off radiation? he steps aside and stands beside Jason looking from the phone to the cat.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam pulled his notebook out, to make note of the officer's name and identification, but after hearing Jason's description of the situation and the dramatic display from Jason's phone PKE Sam frantically jots down notes of what Jason is saying. Sam also nervously steps behind Jason opposite the officer.

Note
Hrothgar is emanating psycho-magma ether ziti wave radiation - contact vet

Sam thinks that something must have gone horribly wrong at Hrothgar's morning dentist appointment and looks with utmost concern towards the crate to see if Hrothgar is in any discomfort.

You'll be alright Hrothgar!, he sheepishly whispers towards the cage.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Taaz »

You should be fine, no longer than you've been exposed He checks where a watch would be if he wore one, You haven't been here for that long, and you didn't touch it? Right? He looks in at the feline, and at his phone, If you dont mind, I can go ahead and quarantine him back at HQ, and get this all straightened out. He cautiously steps tword the carrier, And the effect of Zeta wave radiation can be canceled out with Vitamin D, I recommend a nice walk outside and you should be totally back to normal.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Once the officer leaves Sam will offer to take Hrothgar back to the office if Jason wants to try to do some research in the records center, but first - introductions. Hi, my name's Sam Strickland - and I hear you might be Jason? Thank you for helping us out back there. It would have made the day a whole lot more unpleasant to have to get Hrothgar out of the shelter. What can we do about this... Sam flips into his notes, psycho-magma ether ziti wave radiation that Hrothgar is affected with?

Sam opens a can of cat food, opens the carrier, and give Hrothgar a long awaited cat appropriate meal - closes the door quickly and backs away a safe distance.

edited for flavor

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Taaz »

Thank you sir he says picking up the carrier and walking away with Sam.
Samwell Turleton wrote:Sam flips into his notes, psycho-magma ether ziti wave radiation that Hrothgar is affected with?
Yeah Zeta waves in the Psychomagnatheric field are proportionate to the anger of the being, I've never met a cat that wasn't giving off at least some of it, especially a poor hangry kitty. He smiles at Hrothgar. Just a bit of flim flam to try and keep your friend here from a trip to animal control. Nice to officially meet you Sam!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Bluehorse »

Library Lookaround
The Mormon Church
Oak Cemetery Investigation Supplemental
August 24, 2018, 3pm
Hot but Breezy

There is a sufficiently freaked out Animal Control officer pacing in the sunlight outside.

A few of the researchers in the records room have also left.

There is a hungry cat lapping and chewing up his can of food.

And there are two busters standing over the large cat carrier.

Actions?

Brownie Point Spending:
Jason -4 to rolls.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  136/136 @
Sam Strickland 19/22

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!
Last edited by Bluehorse on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam feels a bit relieved with Jason's clarification. I should probably be getting Hrothgar back to the station since I am not welcome here - right?

Do you want to stick around and do some research Jason?

I could wait in the parking lot if you think it would only take a little bit.

Sam looks around the parking lot to see if there is anyone he could talk to.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Taaz »

Sure thing, I was hoping to see what all you were interested in finding out about the case, maybe we grab some fancy feast and go over your notes. Did you find anything particulary helpful in the records room?

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Samwell Turleton »

well...I spoke to some folks who provided some colorful descriptions of the people named on the headstones. Sam shows Jason his notes in his notebook, I have had no luck since I came here - I feel like I was looking through the same information over and over.

Sam scratches his head, Say, did you ever give Hrothgar his pain medication?

Return to “Mission Archive”