Sealgair

"Saltwater down below here, that is curious, wonder what we have down there."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Tomb (action)

#282 Post by tibbius »

The lich groans faintly.

With a click and a hum, the room smoothly accelerates to a slow rotation around the metal pole.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#283 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax "This again? What is it wit all tha movin' rooms in this place?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#284 Post by tibbius »

You hear a staccato clattering and gasping from the coffin. The lich's hand strikes the side of the box repeatedly.

"Everyone asks that!" exclaims the long-dead sorcerer. "I always liked the merry go round, that's all."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#285 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax raises an eyebrow and asks "What's a merry go round eh? That anythin' like a carousel?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#286 Post by tibbius »

"Carousel?" A puzzled pause. "There are at least three ways out of here. Some require patience and cunning. Others require brute endurance. While you consider your options, entertain me - what's a carousel?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"A small town in the mountains I think" after a short pause, "no thats something else."

GreyWolfVT

#288 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax shakes his head "Ain't no small town in tha mountains. A carousel is a rotating machine or device usually decorated with wooden horses and things like that dwarves craft em for the kids to ride."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#289 Post by tibbius »

"A-ha! Much fancier than a merry go round. That is a simple spinning platform with some posts; when it spins fast it is hard to hold on. I liked them so much when I was young, I thought it would be cheerful to be entombed in one.

Anyway: three exits, three directions. Make your choice. Perhaps the sorcerer among you could give guidance?
"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune looks at the others embarrassed and gives a "I have no idea" shrug. He consults the map his scroll made to see if there is anything in the tomb he missed.

GreyWolfVT

#291 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tibbius wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:34 pm "A-ha! Much fancier than a merry go round. That is a simple spinning platform with some posts; when it spins fast it is hard to hold on. I liked them so much when I was young, I thought it would be cheerful to be entombed in one.

Anyway: three exits, three directions. Make your choice. Perhaps the sorcerer among you could give guidance?
"
Grax smiles and nods "Leave it ta tha engineering dwarves to make it."

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”