Sealgair

"It looks like we are headed towards where they keep the food."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Tomb (action)

#222 Post by tibbius »

As Sealgair speaks she feels a shimmer of heat on her fur. roll a Save
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Save [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 4
Left to right, wasn't sure how many die.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by tibbius »

The floor of the passage drops off abruptly, and Sealgair is so busy ducking stalactites that she doesn't see that until she puts her paw down on nothing. She tumbles, scraping herself and losing tufts of fur on jagged bumps of rock along the passage sides. At the bottom she falls sprawling on a very hot floor. All around her, the air nearly vibrates with heat. As she scrambles to her feet she smells her own fur scorching and feels searing pain in the pads of her paws.

take 2 hp damage - you should be at full hp before that?

Behind Sealgair is ?

Whoever's next, roll a Save with Advantage cause you just saw the karhu take a tumble.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Rex »

She was full.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#226 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax I think is next in line after Sealgair

Advantage [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 1
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by Paladin »

Wraith follows on silent, stealthy feet. His belly growls at the mention of food. "Food sounds good right now. I'm hollow," he mutters.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#228 Post by tibbius »

Grax's jaw drops as Sealgair tumbles out of sight. Reflexively, he steps forward as he considers her sudden fall. His foot comes down much lower than he had expected. He, too, tumbles sprawling and sliding down the drop-away chute of the passage floor. At the bottom he plows into Sealgair's legs, nearly knocking her down. He, too, feels an oppressive and searing heat in the room that he has entered with such indignity. Take 2 hp damage

The room is lit by a reddish glow from a hole in the middle of the floor. Looking around, you see the room has a conical ceiling rising to a hole about twenty feet above the hole in the floor. The floor also is conical, but less steep, like a shallow funnel descending to the hole in the middle about five feet ahead of you. Each hole is about five feet across and they line up with each other. The room is painfully hot. At the right side of the room is another passage leading away, but to get there you would have to cross about twenty five feet of burning hot rock. The chute by which you entered is about ten feet behind you.

No save needed for Wraith or Elzarune; it strains credulity that a third person would step carelessly.

At the top of that chute, Wraith pauses and peers forward about forty feet and down about ten. There is a three-foot downward step before him, and a slick-looking slide of porous rock descends from that step into a hellish red glow.

The structure lurches and grinds and groans; the noise is particularly loud here, and seems to arise from the hole in the floor of the hell room.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair will try and get out the way she came, helping Grax if possible as she goes.

"Be careful, nasty step."

GreyWolfVT

#230 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax will attempt to go back up the chute. "That there steps a doozy."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#231 Post by tibbius »

Lightly singed but basically ok, you scramble back up the chute and hoist yourselves up over the waist-high step.

What now?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by ybn1197 »

I'm having difficulty picturing the hall we are in. Does the passage ahead just drop or did they drop to the side? Trying to figure our options. Can we continue forward and avoid the chute or do we have to go back?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#233 Post by tibbius »

Good question ... time to break out ASCII art side view.

T = the three-way intersection you came from

* = where you are

-, \ = floor

H = hell room

........----------****----
....---...................\-
T--........................-------H

Maybe that helps? Terribly not to scale, but "\" is the sharp drop along the line of the passage.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#234 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax having just climbed back up a chute he previously fell through says "So now what eh?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"We could keep exploring or just head out, not much else for options."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#236 Post by tibbius »

Looking at the map scroll, your blinking red dot is in the passage between "13" and the death symbol. The rings are slowly rotating and you can see that the inward passage from 13 is soon to line up with the death-marked passage in to "14." Meanwhile the passage outward from the "hell room" that you just slid into and climbed back out from will soon line up with the outward passage to "6." So you could go in or out.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune

We've come this far... and according to this scroll, we are just outside the center of this tomb. Think of what we could find at the center. I say we press on.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Press on it is then." Sealgair will lead the way.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by tibbius »

Returning to room 13 with the puddle on the floor that runs down to your right, you follow the trickle of water down a gently sloping passage just as a foreboding opening comes in view. Verdigris bronze rims the edges of the opening, serrated with inch-long inward-pointing teeth.

The structure grinds and groans and lurches to a halt. The opening is not quite aligned to the passage where you stand. Beyond the toothed bronze edging, you can see a straight tunnel of rectangular cross section leading slightly downward to a bluish-green glowing chamber about forty feet away.

I believe Wraith is a Trapmaster [_3d6] = (6+6+2)=14. "Wait!" hisses the lean and wiry human adventurer. He rests his hand on the hilt of his rapier and peers ahead. "Something about the passage is ... wrong." Plucking a cheap coin from his belt-pouch, he tosses it underhand into the opening. It falls. Instead of clattering on the passage floor, it vanishes. A few moments later, you hear a splash from below.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#240 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax raises one eyebrow "What in tha hell is that? Some sorta teleport tap to a pool a water?"

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”