Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

ybn1197
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

#81 Post by ybn1197 »

With Leo's mental state clearing, Laurel feels more confident with the idea of them getting out of here. The nearest exit would be the front door. You both thought someone was watching the door but there doesn't appear to be anyone there at the moment. There is also an exit through the back but there is a large brawl going on there at the moment. There is also a sign indicating an exit is present in the kitchen. There is a pay phone in the back near the restrooms.

Your search is disturbed as the woman who has become very focused on you growls like some beast awoken from the lower bowels of hell. "You have thwarted me for the final time," he snarls while pointing at you. "I will have my due one way or another." She draws a a large curved knife from inside her jacket and charges at the two of you, slicing the knife at Laurel. Her slice is close but fails to cut.

Knife Attack: [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 1

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by shaidar »

Leo notes the front door looks clear and is about to suggest they high-tail it in that direction when the woman attacks Laurel with the knife. Angrily, he turns his attention to her instead "I've had enough of you, bitch, I don't know what you did to me but I'll make you regret it"

He strikes out at her with his fists:

8d10: 54 [8d10=10, 7, 5, 8, 9, 3, 7, 5]

Not sure of the difficulty target, but that's 5 rolls of 7 or above, 6 as one is a 10

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by shaidar »

oops, I rolled str+brawl rather than dex+brawl, so one too many dice. Sorry.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote:8d10: 54 [8d10=10, 7, 5, 8, 9, 3, 7, 5]

Not sure of the difficulty target, but that's 5 rolls of 7 or above, 6 as one is a 10
shaidar wrote:oops, I rolled str+brawl rather than dex+brawl, so one too many dice. Sorry.
I take from the last and work to the first. That takes the "5" off and doesn't affect the roll in the long run. 5 successes so roll STR+4 d10's.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by shaidar »

strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#86 Post by strawberrey »

Channing

With a hand pressed to her chest, Channing tried to catch her breath. Hyperventilating in a smoke-filling kitchen wasn't exactly the easiest thing. But keeping her voice down, she looked back at the band member - bass? Guitar? She couldn't remember what he had been playing. But he'd been somewhere over there - and responded in a raspy voice, "There was a hand. It was dead. Then it moved." Realizing how that sounded, she added, "I swear I'm not high. God, I just want to get out of here."

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by Lance »

Odin pauses for a moment "Ok... I don't have time to doubt you. Let's find an exit and maybe we can help her after, if she needs it". He thinks about some supernatural explanation for a split second, but shakes his head. But why would a victim attack someone calling for help. And why would a gangbanger play dead to surprise someone? What the fuck is going on?

schmer
Strider
Strider

#88 Post by schmer »

Laurel

The front door is the exit that's jumping out at the redhead, some part of her mind ruling the other options out. A payphone will take too long, grabbing a cellphone and making a run for it is much smarter, and in lieu of a cell getting out of there and flagging down someone with a phone, or just someone to help is the next best thing. That's where the future architect's mind is, but of course there are more elements than just that and she feels a very distinct burst of fear when the woman lunges at her with the knife, adrenaline kicking in and making her not only shift, but throw her arms up in front of her for protection. She's not sure if it's luck, skill, or something else that she's not left with a bloody gash after the attempt, but damn is she thankful.

What is wrong with this woman - with these people? She knows better than to ask, but the thought still crosses her mind because this is senseless. What are they hoping to gain out of all of this?

"We've got to get out of here...this woman - all these people - are crazy." Or something like that, anyway. And Laurel and her cousin really don't have the time to continue. She only barely has time to register that her cousin has punched the woman - and the fact that she deserved it - before she's tugging. "The front, c'mon!" She's pretty sure it's a thing in boxing to strike and then retreat - and retreat is the smartest thing that they can do here.

They have to get the hell out of dodge and Laurel has her eyes set on that front door.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by shaidar »

Leo feels his fist connect to the woman with a solid punch. He's then aware of Laurel saying something to him, but what really registers with him is the fear in her voice. Feeling her tugging at him to go, he decides that the most important thing is to get away from the crazy knife wielding lunatic and get Laurel to safety, so he heads in the direction he's being pulled.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

Unable to do much more than exist, for now, David pulls the trigger one final time against the pulped head of the man.

1d10t6: 0 [1d10t6=2]

It does not end well.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by ybn1197 »

Julia, Channing and Odin

""Ok ma'am. How many people are there in the club ma'am? Do you know how many members of this gang there are? Has the fire just started or is it in full blaze? Please hold on to the line ma'am, I am alerting police and fire to your location," the woman says. Meanwhile you have freed yourself from the hand but you then hear a moan, supposedly from the owner of the hand.

Channing and Odin can see Julia clearly now as she is on the phone and shaking the hand off at the same time.

========================================================================

Odin Wilder Bruised
William Wildes Incapacitated
Leo Harper
David Moreau Crippled -5
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper
Last edited by ybn1197 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by ybn1197 »

Leo and Laurel

4 levels of Bashing damage.
Bashing Soak: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 6 1 level of Bashing applied.

Following Laurel's lead, the two cousins dash to the front door which is no longer guarded by the one thug who is now engaged in a fight with David. Before the two can get there though, a trail of fire flies from behind the cousins and sets the curtains surrounding the door aflame.

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Crippled -5
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper
Last edited by ybn1197 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by ybn1197 »

David

The bullet seems to graze the side of the man's face as a sadistic grin forms on his chin. "You're going down for the count old man. When you wake up, you will be mine and you won't even question that." He laughs long and loud as he plunges the knife in your side again.

Burn 1 point of Willpower for automatic success.
Knife attack: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 8
+3 to damage
Damage (Str+1L for knife): [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 2
Damage (addtl successes): [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 9
4 Lethal; Dave is out

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Incapacitated
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by shaidar »

ybn1197 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 pm Leo and Laurel

4 levels of Bashing damage.
Bashing Soak: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 6 1 level of Bashing applied.

Following Laurel's lead, the two cousins dash to the front door which is no longer guarded by the one thug who is now engaged in a fight with David. Before the two can get there though, a trail of fire flies from behind the cousins and sets the curtains surrounding the door aflame.

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper
David Moreau Crippled -5
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper
Leo instinctively ducks as the fire flies by. The fear starts to overtake the adrenaline as he spins around "What the fuck is that crazy bitch up to?" he looks to see where the fire comes from and what the woman is doing.

Do the flames make the door completely unpassable, or possible with care?

schmer
Strider
Strider

#95 Post by schmer »

Laurel

Skidding to a top, Laurel looks at the door in horror. Every time an exit seems to come available something seems to happen... But there's no way that they can give up. They have to get out of here. The fire makes this door a much more dangerous obstacle - and she can't even think about those fireflies. She's never seen a literal fire-causing firefly like that. So many unlikely things are happening and if the situation weren't so dire in this moment she'd be stopping to think more about it, honestly. Like Leo, Laurel turns to see the source of the fireflies, where the woman is, but in the back of her mind she also wonders if there's an extinguisher.

Things seem to be getting more and more dangerous, the exits in particular. "I don't know - this shouldn't even be possible. I just want to get the hell out of here..."

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#96 Post by Gremlin »

Julia
ybn1197 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 pm ""Ok ma'am. How many people are there in the club ma'am? Do you know how many members of this gang there are? Has the fire just started or is it in full blaze? Please hold on to the line ma'am, I am alerting police and fire to your location," the woman says. Meanwhile you have freed yourself from the hand but you then hear a moan, supposedly from the owner of the hand.
Julia ignores the moaning as she resumes her path towards the back of the kitchen, looking for the exit. There should be a lit up 'Exit' sign somewhere, she thinks to herself. Meanwhile, she's answering the operator as best she can.

"I don't know! The club was maybe half full. There were at least four gang members, probably more. I haven't seen the flames but the smoke is getting worse. And there's more gunfire, did you hear that?!"

Rolling to see if Julia notices Odin and/or Channing (or anything else). Using the default difficulty, but it might be tougher with the smoke.
Anyone else in the kitchen?: 4d10t6 4 [4d10t6=8, 7, 6, 6]

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by ybn1197 »

Leo and Laurel

Spinning, Leo spouts "What the fuck is that crazy bitch up to?" to no one in particular. His heart stops for a moment when he sees the fire is coming from her upturned open palm. More questions to which he has no logical answers begin to form in his head. Laurel sees the same and she feels like her mind is going to burst. She has seen far more unexplainable things tonight than she has in the entirety of her life. Closing her hand, the fire immediately ceases. Then, with a feral growl, she springs at Laurel, bringing the knife up to thrust it into Laurel. The blade plunges deep into her collar bone bringing an overload of pain.
The is the crash of glass from behind Leo and he hears a female's voice full of anger but also a hint of fear, "Enough Aurora! What were you thinking using fire! Slake your thirst on your choice and go!" Leo feels a hand on his shoulder. "Guess you'll have to suffice dear." Leo is hit so hard and so face, unlike anything he has felt in the square ring or even on the streets. The world seems to contract and go black in front of his eyes. Before he loses consciousness, he sees his assailant's face in front of his. She smiles and says, "Thanks for your donation."
Leo
Brawl: [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 6
Brawl: [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 10
Brawl: [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 1
First hit: 1 success. Second hit: 3 successes; +2 to damage. Third hit: 2 successes; +1 to damage. She has 2 dots of Potence used for auto success.
Brawl: [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 2 2 successes
Brawl: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 10 5 successes
Brawl: [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 3 4 successes
That's 11 levels of Bashing damage. The best you can soak is 3 levels, leaving 8 levels of damage. 7 is Incapacitated so 1 level becomes Lethal.

Do the flames make the door completely unpassable, or possible with care?
Passable with care. But, it is fire and will increase in intensity as time passes.

Odin Wilder Bruised
Leo Harper Incapacitated
David Moreau Incapacitated
Julia Sandoval
Channing Jin Bruised
Laurel Harper Mauled -2

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by ybn1197 »

Julia, Odin, and Channing

Turning around, looking for the 'Exit' sign, Julia immediately sees Odin and Channing through the smoke. The 9-1-1 operator continues, "Are you in any immediate danger? Can you find a place to hide out of sight? Authorities have been notified and are on their way to your location."

Everyone is startled as the doors back to the club are thrown open, one even breaking its hinges, and a group of gangsters stand before you. Behind them, you see a fire has been started around the front entrance and a nearby window has been broken open, large enough for someone to fit through.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#99 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"Yes, I'm in immediate danger! They just busted into the kitchen and there's a blazing fire behind them in the club!" Julia yells into the phone. She brandishes her knife at the gangsters and carefully backs up.

"You fuckers better run! The police are on their way and I'm giving them your descriptions," Julia threatens, then follows through as she starts to describe each gang member she sees to the operator.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Lance »

ybn1197 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 pmChanning and Odin can see Julia clearly now as she is on the phone and shaking the hand off at the same time.
We two have been leaving this whole time, just to clear things up. No helping, no stopping.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”