Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

ybn1197
schmer
Strider
Strider

Re: Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

#21 Post by schmer »

Laurel

The redhead is shell-shocked, probably for longer than she should be, after her cell phone goes flying out of her hand. Her empty hand and the hammering heart in her chest make it all too easy to feel the heat on her cheeks and hear the sound of her heartbeat in her ears. She doesn't have any idea what's going on, but what she does know is that she's scared and the shove from her cousin - along with the order of what to do, where to go jolts her brain back into action...like it just needed a nudge to get going after stalling at what seemed to be impossible.

"You better be right behind me!" Even as the words escape she's moving - her mind racing again to formulate a plan. Step one is getting to and out of the exit. Step two is once she's out she needs to find a phone, she needs to call for help. And step three is...well wait for and find Leo the second that he comes out, as well as her friends. Surely they're going to get out of this - all of them. This isn't supposed to be happening.

Pouring power into her limbs, Laurel moves - trying to keep her eyes peeled while moving as fast as she can. Her cousin is the fighter, she isn't, and she'd much rather scoop up her cell phone to complete the call for help, but she's trying to keep prepared for an obstacle in the form of one of these people because she's not going to do nothing - she's not going to just give up and not try. Still, she can't help but look back over her shoulder, just to be reassure herself that she can still see Leo - half hoping he's really going to be right behind her and that they're going to just plow through those exit doors to safety, call for help, and this'll be a night where they avoided the worst possible outcome...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David "The Moor"

No longer interested in barfights at his age, David tries to keep cool and stay back from the blossoming brawl. As the bartender gets thrown over her bar from the very fast brawler, he recalls a previous experience. Aw crap. That guy is on some crazy drug cocktail. PCP and E, maybe. No reasoning with him.

He turns to guide the Sister behind him and tries to surreptitiously check out the two still at the door. He's trying to determine if they too are hyped up, and how much attention they are paying to the room.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote:William

Thanks for the help.

Brawl [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 9

3 success, 2 of which are 10's. No 1's so a complete success.
Normally, additional successes gained on a Trait roll simply mean that you do exceptionally well. In combat, each extra success you get on an attack roll equals an additional die you add automatically to your damage dice pool. For your damage, you will roll STR (2d10) + 2 dice for successes to hit. Count how many beat the difficulty of 6; that is how many levels of damage you do.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote:Hope you don't mind, I'm going to have go at rolling some dice, obviously this might be negated by other stuff going on
DEX 3 + BRAWL 4 = 7 dice (boxing speciality)
7d10: 35 [7d10=9, 2, 5, 8, 6, 1, 4]
https://orokos.com/roll/805701
:roll: not the best for his first punch :lol:
I know, punching a woman..not very chivalrous...but it is the age of equality
You have 2 successes (9, 8, and 6; however the 1 cancels out a success.) Roll STR + 1 die from additional attack successes for damage. Difficulty 6.
Lance wrote:Strength + melee:
guitar swing: 5d10t6 1[5d10t6=3, 5, 3, 4, 6]
Should have been Dexterity + Melee. Your Strength applies to Damage not the attack. Since your die pool is 1 higher with Strength, I'll allow you to reroll. 4d10 is your dice pool.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by shaidar »

ybn1197 wrote:
shaidar wrote:Hope you don't mind, I'm going to have go at rolling some dice, obviously this might be negated by other stuff going on
DEX 3 + BRAWL 4 = 7 dice (boxing speciality)
:roll: not the best for his first punch :lol:
I know, punching a woman..not very chivalrous...but it is the age of equality
You have 2 successes (9, 8, and 6; however the 1 cancels out a success.) Roll STR + 1 die from additional attack successes for damage. Difficulty 6.
Leo

Boxing punch damage: 5d10
5d10: 38 [5d10=7, 5, 7, 9, 10] = 4 successes, one of which was a 10 (so 5?)
https://orokos.com/roll/806277

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

William

Brawl Damage [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 2
3 health levels of bashing damage

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Lance »

Sorry for the confusion!

Odin's Attack:
4d10=9, 4, 8, 2
2 successes, 1 added to damage

Damage:
4d10=6, 7, 4, 2
2 bashing damage

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by ybn1197 »

Front of the Club
William, standing not far from Channing at the bar steps over and tries to blind sides her assailant with a right cut to the jaw. His head rocks to the side however when he turns back to look at William there is no sign that the man was ever touched. He smiles at William, "You're either very brave... or very stupid. Either way, I think we can use you." Lightning fast, the man throws three punches
Brawl [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 9
3 successes.
Brawl Damage [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 2
3 health levels of bashing damage.
Assailant Soaks (Stamina 4 + Fortitude 2): [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 7
1 success rolled plus 2 automatic successes from Fortitude (damage soaked)

3 punches: 6d10t6 2

Code: Select all

[6d10t6=10, 1, 5, 2, 8, 3]
6d10t6 3

[6d10t6=10, 3, 9, 2, 5, 6]
6d10t6 4

[6d10t6=8, 4, 7, 2, 7, 10]
First is a hit (the 1 cancels the 8), the second is a hit with 2 successes, and the third is a hit with 3 successes.
Damage (3 STR + 2 Potence): 3d10t6 1 5d10t6 3 6d10t6 3

3d10t6: 1 [3d10t6=7, 5, 2]
5d10t6: 3 [5d10t6=2, 7, 6, 6, 3]
6d10t6: 3 [6d10t6=8, 10, 7, 2, 2, 1]
The first punch is 3 levels of bashing, the second is 5 levels and third is 4 levels of bashing.
Because it is Bashing damage you can soak it. For each attack, roll your Stamina d10 with a Difficulty of 6. Each success removes a level of damage. So I will need 3 separate rolls for that.
Leo spies the exit behind the stage and pushes Laurel in that direction "Go, the exit by the stage, I won't be far behind" He turns to the woman "I don't know what you're on lady, but you've chosen the wrong guy" he moves forward and punches the woman, holding nothing back. Shaken by the brutal attack, the woman growls in anger and then reaches forward with one finger, saying "Surrender yourself to me," and Leo feels overcome by the desire to stop fighting this woman and do whatever she says to do.
DEX 3 + BRAWL 4 = 7 dice (boxing specialty)
Boxing punch damage: 5d10
5d10: 38 [5d10=7, 5, 7, 9, 10] = 4 successes, one of which was a 10 (so 5?)
https://orokos.com/roll/806277
Soak (5 levels of Bashing): 2d10t6 1

2d10t6: 1 [2d10t6=8, 2]
She takes 2 levels of bashing.
Dominate: Manipulation+Intimidation DC of Willpower (5): 7d10t5 7

7d10t5: 7 [7d10t5=9, 5, 9, 10, 8, 9, 8]
Pouring power into her limbs, Laurel moves - trying to keep her eyes peeled while moving as fast as she can. Her cousin is the fighter, she isn't, and she'd much rather scoop up her cell phone to complete the call for help, but she's trying to keep prepared for an obstacle in the form of one of these people because she's not going to do nothing - she's not going to just give up and not try. Still, she can't help but look back over her shoulder, just to be reassure herself that she can still see Leo - half hoping he's really going to be right behind her and that they're going to just plow through those exit doors to safety, call for help, and this'll be a night where they avoided the worst possible outcome... But Leo is not following and by the slumping of his shoulders, its almost as if he has given up. Laurel saw him through a punch, and she's seen him throw punches. He had given it his all, woman or not. And now he was just giving up? At least the woman wasn't fighting back. It didn't look as if she had done anything but wag her finger in front of face.

Channing flies over the bar and through the air. That much force should not have been possible from one person, but she can barely think that before she is hitting a small round table, sliding across it, hitting the floor and rolling until she ends up on the opposite end of the bar from where she started. For now, she'd try to play dead, under this table, out of sight, but if someone tried to grab her again, at least she'd have something to hold onto.
From her position, Channing can see only the legs and feet of people running in a chaotic sprawl. But one set of legs starts to stand out, a set of leather clad legs wearing Doc Martins approaches the table with conviction. The legs stop right next to the table and Channing hears a soft male voice with a New Orleans accent, "Why are you hiding under the table, mon ami?"

David turns to guide the Sister behind him and tries to surreptitiously check out the two still at the door. He sees one of the men walk away from the door and proceeds over to the table where the bartender was thrown and subsequently hid under. He stops at the table and says something, what the Moor can not hear over the roar of the crowd. The other man still at the door has the look of a caged tiger. Prowling back and forth in front of the blocked door waiting for someone to approach too closely.

Back of the Club

Julia investigates the women's bathroom to see if there is a way out and discovers nothing that will help her out of the situation. Unashamed, she decides to check the men's room next. (To keep time with the other actions, we'll have you check the men's room next go around.)

"What the fuck!" Odin shouts as he moves in to help the roadie. He brings his Les Paul over his head and swings it down at the biker's back. "Whoever the fuck you are picked the wrong bar to hit!" The man flinches from the strike but Odin is shocked to see the man still on his feet and not phased by the hit. Odin tries to grab for the roadie but the man still has a solid hold on him.
Odin's Attack: 4d10=9, 4, 8, 2
2 successes, 1 added to damage
Damage: 4d10=6, 7, 4, 2
2 bashing damage[/ooc]
Assailant's Soak: 4d10t6 1 0 after 1 cancels 7

4d10t6: 1 [4d10t6=7, 4, 4, 1]
1 level of bashing

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

Leo feels the fight drain out of him as he looks at the odd woman and smiles "Sorry lady, what do you want me to do?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

William

Soak Punch [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 5
Soak Punch [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 10
Soak Punch [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 8

If 1's cancel out then He soaks 2, if they don't he soaks 4. Either way he just took a beating.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote:William

Soak Punch [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 5
Soak Punch [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 10
Soak Punch [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 8

If 1's cancel out then He soaks 2, if they don't he soaks 4. Either way he just took a beating.
One's do cancel but you can NOT botch on a soak roll. William takes 12 levels of bashing (10 after soak). Since he hasn't taken any damage yet, he has full health. 7 levels of bashing brings him to Incapacitated (or in this case, unconscious.) The remaining three roll back to the top and he has injured from lethal when he wakes. His health now looks like: X X X / / / / (the first 3 health boxes are "X"ed and the remaining 4 are "/"ed. End result, William is unconscious.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

The Moor motions for the Sister to stay put. Watching the chivalrous young man get pummelled and dropped in the blink of an eye is too much for him. He raises his gun and fires twice into the ceiling.

"LISTEN UP!" He yells above the noise. "I don't care what your deal is, but this has gone on long enough." He levels the gun at the tiger at the door. "OPEN IT!"

strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#33 Post by strawberrey »

Channing
From her position, Channing can see only the legs and feet of people running in a chaotic sprawl. But one set of legs starts to stand out, a set of leather clad legs wearing Doc Martins approaches the table with conviction. The legs stop right next to the table and Channing hears a soft male voice with a New Orleans accent, "Why are you hiding under the table, mon ami?"
Channing froze as she heard the voice from above, froze everything, even down to her breathing and twitching and moving, but her mind raced with panic of what to do. She could hear shouting and screaming, but from her spot under the table, she saw nothing. Chaos was exploding around her, surely someone had called the cops, but there were no sirens sounding off in the distance. Until that happened, they were on their own. She was on her own. Well, she was used to that.

And with that thought, Channing gritted her teeth and kicked out toward the legs that belonged to the asshole taunting her.

Kick [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 4

My first role. Hopefully I did it correctly. That looks like 2 successes.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

strawberrey wrote:Kick [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 4

My first role. Hopefully I did it correctly. That looks like 2 successes.
DEX 3 + Brawl 1, yes that is correct. 2 successes. Roll STR + 1 die (extra success) for damage. Once again, DIFF is 6.

strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by strawberrey »

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Lance »

No time to think, only to act. No reaction from either parties to the giant slug this guy received. "Can I get some help?" Odin shouts to the rest of the band. "Please allow me to elaborate. LET HIM GO!" he swings again.

Guitar swing (DEX + melee): 4d10! 8, 6, 3, 2
Two successes one goes into damage

Guitar damage (STR + 1): 4d10 3, 10, 4, 9
Two damage

schmer
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by schmer »

Laurel

She's got momentum, but her brain and body go to an abrupt stop at seeing Leo not moving, not fighting - he's always fighting! Seeing him standing there, unmoving, not struggling is a jolt to Laurel's system and she skids to a stop, feeling herself torn between her body, her instincts clawing and scratching up her entire back to get the hell out of here, and then there's her brain that is screaming at her that something is definitely wrong and that this isn't the way that that should be going. The caring person in her, the one that has defied her parents in having a friendship with her cousin because she sees beyond what they see. And that second side of her is certainly one that doesn't feel comfortable bolting out the door leaving her cousin to whatever the hell it is that's happening, she wants both of them to get the hell out of here safely.

And even though her safety is in her mind she can't just beeline for the door - flinching as she hears gunshots just barely over the chaos of the crowd, the redhead turns back, green eyes searching out something to help when she remembers the tray of drinks from earlier and she makes a mad dash for that tray. The plan in he rhead isn't a comoplicated one, but she's not too sure if it'll pan out the way she wants, but she has to try.

Grabbing the tray, Laurel makes a beeline for the woman wagging her finger at her cousin. She's not sure what she's said, or what she's done that she might have missed, but one thing is for sure even if she can't hurt her she wants to distract her, so Laurel musters herself up and holding tight to the tray (because in the back of her head, keeping it as something to protect and defend herself with seems smart) she calls out, "Leave him alone!" And on the tail end of her words the future architect lowers the tray slightly before bringing it up to throw and propel, flinging the shots and drinks forward on the woman in front of her.

[1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 7

First roll! Hope I've done that right too.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by ybn1197 »

schmer wrote:[1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 7

First roll! Hope I've done that right too.
Perfect. I would have called that a DEX+Brawl roll. You have a 2 in DEX and 0 in Brawl so that roll was perfect. 1 success and 1 extra to damage. As I am in the process of writing up the next post, I will take care of the damage roll.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by ybn1197 »

Front of the Club
Before William passes out from the severe beating the man just inflicted upon, he sees the man's face getting closer. And the last thing William sees are a set of fangs descending from the man's upper jaw as the man turns and appears to be intent on biting William's neck. Thankfully everything goes blissfully black before William can experience anything else.
shaidar wrote:Leo feels the fight drain out of him as he looks at the odd woman and smiles "Sorry lady, what do you want me to do?"
"Oh, excellent my pretty slave.I want you to..." The woman is not able to get out the words before a serving tray laden with drinks slams into the woman's shoulder. Turning to face Lauel, she screams. "Fetch me that woman my pet! I want to return the favor!" She points at Laurel.

Channing gritted her teeth and kicked out toward the legs that belonged to the asshole taunting her. With satisfaction she feels her heel connect with the man's leg.
Soak: [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 1
0 successes; can't botch a soak roll; 1 level of bashing
She hears him "Ooofff," from the heel digging into his shin. "Ooo,cheri," he gasps out. "that was not very nice of you." She see his hands come down quickly as they grab her leg.
DEX+Brawl: 7d10t6 2

7d10t6: 2 [7d10t6=6, 5, 7, 4, 3, 2, 3]
Dodge (DEX+Athletics): [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 10
1 success; he has a hold on Channing's leg.
David fires two shots from his pistol into the ceiling. People near him scramble in bigger panic trying to find a way out. But the ploy works to gain the attention of the man at the door. "You want a piece of me, bro. Come on big man! I'm right here, come at me!" he yells, pulling his jacket open and thumping his chest.

Back of the Club
Exiting the ladies room, Julia dashes unashamedly into the men's room where she startles a man running into one of the stalls to hide. He sees Julia before he closes the door and simply shrugs. She then sees his boot as he stands up on the commode to better hide his presence. Looking around, she sees there is no access to the outside here either.

"Can I get some help?" Without thinking, Odin clubs the man again. "Please allow me to elaborate. LET HIM GO!" That time it seems Odin has the man's attention as he drops the roadie to the ground. "You have quickly gained my attention which I hope was your intent." He smiles, long canine teeth (obviously fake, right?) showing with a tinge of red. With what seems to be one step, the man has crossed the two or three steps between you and is immediately in your face. Like a cat playing with a mouse, you stares you in the eyes. "Was there something you wanted to say to me?"
Taking a cue from Odin, Louis hefts his bass guitar and swings it at the man as well. The guitar catched him on the shoulder forcing the man to turn to Louis.
Swing Guitar: 4d10t6 3

4d10t6: 3 [4d10t6=1, 6, 9, 6]
1 cancels a success for a hit+1
Damage from Guitar: 3d10t6 2

3d10t6: 2 [3d10t6=6, 6, 2]
Dee and Jason use the opportunity to rush one of the other men standing in the back; tackling him to the ground. Dee and Jason share a touch of excitement for bringing the man down before they are startled beyond words as he throws both off of him.
Dee: Tackle: 5d10t6 4

5d10t6: 4 [5d10t6=4, 8, 7, 6, 9]
Jason: Tackle: 5d10t6 1

5d10t6: 1 [5d10t6=9, 2, 2, 2, 5]
Assailant: Dodge: 6d10t6 2

6d10t6: 2 [6d10t6=8, 2, 7, 2, 5, 2]

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by shaidar »

Leo heads over towards Laurel, and takes her by the arm and tries to lead her over to the lady

"C'mon Laurel, the lady wants to meet you"

ooc: Any resistance from Laurel will result in him dragging or even carrying her over to the woman.
I'm assuming there is no other option but to go with this. What happens if the vamp asks Leo to hurt Laurel, that is something he really wouldn't like to do?

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”