The Red Moon Inn (OOC)

Hadarai
Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Red Moon Inn (OOC)

#61 Post by Hadarai »

Hey guys sorry busy day today, I'll have an update for you tomorrow.

Depending on how the dice decide to treat you these evil creatures of chaos should hopefully not provide too much trouble but WFRP can be fickle in combat!

As for your question Faanku, please go ahead and make any rolls you feel is needed for your post. I feel like it will help things move along and if any changes need to be made I can inform you after the fact.

That being said would the group like for me to roll for your initiative when combat starts? Turns can be posted out of order still and just resolve the actions accordingly if you would like.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by Faanku »

This is going well.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Hadarai »

Faanku wrote:This is going well.
Yeah if this was a MERP/Rollmaster game we would've kicked things off with consecutive crits!

@gialloneri Because of the outnumbered houserule Eva actually has barely succeeded with her reroll so please make your damage roll with a +1 strength bonus!

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#64 Post by gialloneri »

OK, I'll edit the post. I was wondering if that was the case but didn't have time to edit the post late last night. :)

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Hadarai »

No worries I'll try to keep everyone updated on the bonuses they receive for the round when I update the game, like everyone who has managed to damage the dog should be getting an additional +10% to their attacks for "Winning" the round as long as it doesn't score more damage than it's attacker.

Spanningtree would you mind adding a initiative roll to your post please? Bianca is still getting her surprise action but I would like to have a proper turn order posted for you guys for the next update, thanks!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by spanningtree »

Can you refresh my memory regarding initiative rolls? I am looking at page 116 of the 1E manual but cannot seem to find a reference that requires a roll.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Hadarai »

No problem! We're using a houserule for initiative, so everyone rolls 1d6+Initiative Bonus which for Bianca would be 1d6+5 I believe.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by spanningtree »

Posted, where are you getting the initiative bonus?
Last edited by spanningtree on Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Hadarai »

The tens digit of your Initiative score, any time time a stat bonus is needed just check what the tens digit of said stat is!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by spanningtree »

Got it. Thanks!

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Darklin2 »

I am going to use a Fortune point for the attack roll on the First round.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Hadarai »

Alright first round of combat is in the bag! Mostly good news all around except for our friend Eva.

Harry the mutant rolled a natural 6 and according to the "Additional Damage" rule on Pg. 122 of the rulebook he can make another WS test to see if he hits Eva again. If he does he will get to roll another d6 for damage without his Strength Bonus adding that roll to the 9 wounds he's already causing, if he does roll another 6 then the die explodes again without a WS and continues so on until he stops rolling 6's.

This all hinges on if Eva can pass her Dex roll to keep from being grappled by Tentacles which would give Harry the bonus to his WS to hit Eva in the first place.

@ybn1197
You will only be adding the tens digit of your Strength score to damage rolls so in the future you can just roll 1d6+4+1 or just 1d6+5 whichever you prefer.

For the outnumbered bonus, if you all would like to discuss ahead of time who you are attacking to try and gain the bonus go ahead or we can see who is attacking who and calculate it after wards. 3:1 gives +10WS and +1S to attacks with an additional 10/1 for each extra opponent thereafter up to +60/6.

Also to help with any tactical considerations the Dog is badly wounded right now with 3 wounds remaining and 4 Toughness.

I'm giving this information out right now to save having anyone having to edit their posts and also since you are all acting before your enemies it wouldn't make a difference to know this.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#73 Post by gialloneri »

Uh oh, Eva only has 5 wounds! I'll do my rolls a little later when I'm at the computer rather than on a phone. Out of interest, could I spend my remaining fortune point to force a re-roll by the mutant on his attack after the Dex check if failed?

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by Hadarai »

Unfortunately no, fortune points only affect rolls your character makes but if you run of fortune for rerolls or want to save the point you can take a corruption point to make a reroll and keep doing so for additional corruption.

Or you may spend a Fate point to ignore the damage.

Just a quick refresher.

Fortune Points will refresh in time or at the start of a new adventure so are the easiest to obtain.

Losing corruption is tougher but doable when certain selfless actions are taken that would help cleanse the characters soul of darkness.

Fate points are extremely rare to aquire, taking truly extraordinary heroic feats to be given a second chance by the gods.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by Hadarai »

I also see you have streetfighting as a skill so I think that would warrant a 10% bonus to your dex roll as well.

gialloneri
Strider
Strider

#76 Post by gialloneri »

Never have I been more happy to roll a 20, and I play D&D!

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Faanku »

Yeah, this round seems to be going a lot better.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by ybn1197 »

Hadarai wrote:Also to help with any tactical considerations the Dog is badly wounded right now with 3 wounds remaining and 4 Toughness.

I'm giving this information out right now to save having anyone having to edit their posts and also since you are all acting before your enemies it wouldn't make a difference to know this.
Since Sei did 8 damage, does that take the dog-headed mutant out of combat? Just want to know so as to plan Brynmor's next action (Sei has initiative over him so she does act first.)

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Hadarai »

She did indeed! I'll add an update to the game thread.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by VonAlric »

Since Eva is the one in the most trouble, I'm going to attack tentacle boy unless someone else suggests a better target.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Return to “Adventures in the Old World (WFRP, 1e)”