Adventure begins

wolfpack
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Adventure begins

#1 Post by wolfpack »

You have been traveling for several weeks and have come to rest in a bustling village called rashtan. You are staying at an inn called wayfarers place which seems pretty busy for a small village.

See maps thread for village map

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Adventure begins

#2 Post by wolfpack »

That evening as you sit around a round of ale discussing your next move you overhear the table next you 2 men who look to be locals.

guy 1: Gold. Gold and items of magic, that’s what he’s offerin.
guy 2: Yeah gold and magic for a fool’s quest. Everyone who’s gone has never returned.
guy 1: Well, ‘cept that first feller. He came back with that book.
guy 2: Yeah, buts just him. The other three what were with ‘im didn’t come back did they.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Pieni

"Gentleman, I couldn't help but over hear you. When you say he is offering, who exactly are you talking about? Me and my friends here are in need of some work and might be interested depending on what it is."

Santtu and Tero are outside with the mule and ponies.

lowkey13
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by lowkey13 »

Berek stands uncomfortably outside the Wayfarer Inn, tending to his steed.

These are often places of ill repute. I shall tarry a while while my ... companions .... drink .... and see if I am needed.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

Well you guys certainly look the part one of the men says looking your group over.

Minter the local sage is offering a reward for some object.
A few weeks ago some group of explorers found some old ruins, only one of them returned but he sold Minter some book, after that
he started offering the reward.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

Pieni

"Thank you for the information."

Turning to the barkeep, "Their next drink is on me."

Turning to her companions, "I think it would be a good idea to visit this Minter fellow."

How much for the drinks?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

Rex wrote:Pieni

"Thank you for the information."

Turning to the barkeep, "Their next drink is on me."

Turning to her companions, "I think it would be a good idea to visit this Minter fellow."

How much for the drinks?

2 gp

lowkey13
Strider
Strider

#8 Post by lowkey13 »

Assumedly Berek is still outside, but Berek will be down to see Minter.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Pieni

Pieni tosses the barkeep 2 gp. "Lets head over now."

She gets up and starts for Minter's.

Sheet updated

lowkey13
Strider
Strider

#10 Post by lowkey13 »

Berek Vilesilencer

Berek, and his steed Aubade, join Pieni to see Minter.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by spanningtree »

Sasha:
Rex wrote:Pieni

Pieni tosses the barkeep 2 gp. "Lets head over now."
Ya, nothing more pressing... gets up and follows along.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by wolfpack »

You walk a few buildings down from the inn

Above the door of this shop is a sign with a picture of a folded map that reads “Minter’s Marvelous Maps and Things”. You see dusty bookshelves lining walls filled with books and scroll cases, much of which seems to have been thrown about haphazardly. There is a door in the back of the room and sitting at a desk is a man with long brown hair and a long thin mustache. Portions of the room’s walls look newer than the rest as if there was a recent expansion.

lowkey13
Strider
Strider

#13 Post by lowkey13 »

Berek Vilesilencer

Berek looks up and down at the bookcases and maps, before approaching the man at the back.

If nothing else, this could provide tithings.

You are Minter? I am Berek, first sword of Horus. My companions have heard tale that you are looking for an object? Perhaps we can be of some small assistance, if you would tell us of your need.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by spanningtree »

Sasha:

Nodding at Berek 's introduction: Indeed, ourselves and companions are looking for work of a more exotic nature.... interesting shop you have here. Your addition infers business has been good.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alvar apparently lost in thought gathers his mule and follows the group to Minter's and goes inside more than happy to see the inside of a place of magic. "Wow we sure do just jump a the first that that comes up now don't we?" he says more less to nobody in general.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

The man looks you over before he speaks.

Well met, yes your group looks well prepared for what I seek.

A month ago some ruins were discovered by an adventuring party much like yourselves.

I believe the ruins are the remains of the tower of Belzir the wizardpriest. Two thousand years ago before the great destruction Belzir was a powerful mage who became a priest of the gods of chaos. It is said his devotion was so great the gods sent him a special amulet. He used the amulet and built a tower to honor his gods. As time went by Belzir was seen less and less and it was rumored he was going mad. Then one day his tower disappeared and he was never heard from again. He hid his private study in a magical dimension, and it can only be accessed using his three hidden keys that are located somewhere in his chaos halls.

The party who found the tower ruins also found an entrance to some caverns below the foundation. All five explorers entered but only one returned. The poor lad had no desire to ever return and offered me a book he had found. It turns out the book was Belzir’s diary. It details how the mad wizardpriest spend years building the caverns to hide away from a world which he was certain was out to steal his amulet. It is my belief that he died in those caverns, and I am offering 5000 gold per individual plus an array of magic items to any adventuring party that can find the amulet and bring it to me. I have no desire to personally use the amulet. I want to put it away somewhere safe for I believe it could be a danger as a powerful tool of chaos.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alvar quirks an eyebrow "Hmm that does sound like quite the adventure. Though other than the offer of rewards after the fact what other incentive might we have to take this task on? I've overheard that others have tried and most none have returned save for one fellow."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by spanningtree »

Sasha:

Sasha stands with rapt attention when Minter talks about checking an old arch mages digs out, nodding her head slightly.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by wolfpack »

I have offered all the reward I can, it is your decision to take on the quest or not.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by spanningtree »

Sasha:

To Minter: Should my companions agree to this quest I will assuredly join as well. As an aside, I sometimes find myself carrying a bit much coin, would you happen to have any arcane scrolls or potions that might be for sale?

Return to “Chaos Halls (1e)”