Rider of Rohan

OOC

#1 Post by wolfpack »

OOC chat as desired

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok so this is the one thing that does generally give me trouble in 1e what races can be what classes? Everything I'm reading always mentions half-elf can be this and that but so far nothing clearly states Dwarves can be this. Appears in race they only mention for gnomes and dwarves 3 classes. Under cleric specifically it only really says humans and half-elves. This is where i do miss the 2e table/chart that says simple these are the races here are what classes and level limits they have.

(sorry didn't mean to rant or edition bash.)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Ok so this is the one thing that does generally give me trouble in 1e what races can be what classes? Everything I'm reading always mentions half-elf can be this and that but so far nothing clearly states Dwarves can be this. Appears in race they only mention for gnomes and dwarves 3 classes. Under cleric specifically it only really says humans and half-elves. This is where i do miss the 2e table/chart that says simple these are the races here are what classes and level limits they have.

(sorry didn't mean to rant or edition bash.)

1/2 elf, 1/2 orc, and human can be clerics
stock.jpg
stock.jpg (25.01 KiB) Viewed 2643 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

All good!
Dwarf can be Fighter, Thief, or a Fighter/Thief (some DMs allow the implied Dwarven cleric)
Elves can be Fighter, MU, Thief, or Ftr/MU, Ftr/Th, MU/Th and the oh so elfy F/M/Th!

Oops, the DM hath spoken. I won't continue :D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks. Half-orc is I! :twisted:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by wolfpack »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Thanks. Half-orc is I! :twisted:

1/2 orc level limit is 4 for cleric

Ron it is 10 for fighter

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by wolfpack »

limit.jpg
limit.jpg (49.13 KiB) Viewed 2631 times

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah i see that. But i really don't want to play a human. I am one so why on earth would i want to play one in a fantasy roleplay game? ;)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

i will allow a dwarf cleric, but have to be single class not multi. level limit 8

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

not a problem.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

so far

human cleric
1/2 orc fighter
dwarf cleric

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by rredmond »

Two clerics should keep me nice and healthy!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

clerics aren't bad in melee either. wear good armor and some of the weapons aren't bad

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

we aren't all heal bots Ron. ;)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

so far

human cleric
1/2 orc fighter
dwarf cleric
elf fighter/magic-user

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by rredmond »

GreyWolfVT wrote:we aren't all heal bots Ron. ;)
Actually clerics might be my favorite class. One of my faves (Brother Bizard, Cleric of Fharlaghn) was one of my longest term PCs. Smooshed by Fomorian Giants, RIP. But he started as a quiet heal-bot, until my buddy Dan's 18/99 STR (saw it rolled myself, it was awesome!) started really coming into his own. He had the scores and would generally get the rolls, but (like the Rohirrim?) would wade too far into battles with mooks and hordes, and be subject to rear and flank attacks. So we had a system down pat, Bizard would follow Geros DeVaskos (failed bard, that's another story) into battle and protect his rear, and provide Cures when needed to keep him cutting swaths through the enemy. It worked really, really well! Good times, damn Fomorians!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

Interestingly my longest running 1e character was a Dwarf fighter with a 18/99 strength, Dain Ironforger. I also legitimately rolled his strength, on 3d6 no less. Every now and then I manage a good set of rolls.

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Great story Ron. I can't really say that I have a "favorite" class but I suppose if I had to choose I'd say Ranger. Granted me getting the right rolls for it generally are far and few so I haven't had a lot of them for PCs. My longest running PC was a Human Fighter from back when I was a "wee lad" thing he made it to like level 8 and is accidentally immortal. His stats i think are all maxed out not how they were rolled basically since the characters in the campaign all became accidentally immortal the DM gave in and just let us keep training and learning things until we maxed out things though I think I only did this with things like Str and Dex. Though I would say the DM admitting defeat did also grant one or two of us to learn how to fly and breath underwater. :shock:

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by wolfpack »

My favorite class is definitely ranger. My highest ever character was a 16th level ranger worked up from 1st level

Return to “Wolfpack's Chat Game (1e)”