OOC

Odin One Eye
Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

OOC

#1 Post by Odin One Eye »

Here we can discuss out of character topics..

If you are going to miss any game time please announce it here thanks.
Last edited by Odin One Eye on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#2 Post by Rex »

I am thinking on what I am going to run, some will depend on my rolls. If we qualify is Dual classing allowed and is it humans only?

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Odin One Eye »

Rex wrote:I am thinking on what I am going to run, some will depend on my rolls. If we qualify is Dual classing allowed and is it humans only?
You can multiclass with any race in my game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

anyone know how to make the dice roller roll 4d6 drop the lowest and reroll 1's? otherwise it is a whole lot of single rolls.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ravenn4544 »

Does [4d6r2] do it? That should re-roll any die lower than 2.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by tibbius »

I figured we were picking best 3 of 4 after re-rolling 1s ... so I just rolled a bunch of [1d6]. Didn't take so long.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ravenn4544 »

I just did 4d6 - had some good ones in there and i'm happy (12,12,14,16,16,18).

So what classes are folks thinking about? I can go with whatever. If i go fighter, i'll add the % to the 18 strength and use the 16's for dex and con.

Now that i see the half orc option, if i do that as fighter, can he have a 19 str with the racial bonus?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Grognardsw »

It is nice to be on the PC side again on Unseen Servant after almost four years.

Hi wolfpack, nice to play with you again. I remember your Kondro the assassin well, sole survivor of the Fellowship of Evil.

Hello Ken, from con table to virtual table ;)

I always relish dipping into my old Dragon’s with a purpose. The attack priority system in issue #71 (a great Caldwell cover) that Odin said he's use should be a nice tweak of pace for combat. In the spirit of that, I’ll be a barbarian. A skald with some compelling backstory to make play more interesting.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

ravenn4544 wrote:Does [4d6r2] do it? That should re-roll any die lower than 2.
but it won't drop the lowest will it.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by wolfpack »

Grognardsw wrote:It is nice to be on the PC side again on Unseen Servant after almost four years.

Hi wolfpack, nice to play with you again. I remember your Kondro the assassin well, sole survivor of the Fellowship of Evil.

I always relish dipping into my old Dragon’s with a purpose. The attack priority system in issue #71 (a great Caldwell cover) that Odin said he's use should be a nice tweak of pace for combat. In the spirit of that, I’ll be a barbarian. A skald with some compelling backstory to make play more interesting.

Hey grog! yeah it will be great to play again.

Kondro was the only smart one on the evil side :lol:

Actually it was the traitor mage that did us in

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by wolfpack »

I am thinking of taking advantage of the no class restrictions with race and making something out of the ordinary like a 1/2 orc fighter/mage

Odin i assume any multi class fighter/mage follows the same rule as elves and 1/2 elves and can wear armor

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Grognardsw »

wolfpack wrote:
ravenn4544 wrote:Does [4d6r2] do it? That should re-roll any die lower than 2.
but it won't drop the lowest will it.
There is an automatic stats roller macro.

When you "Create Character" and enter character name and campaign code, it'll generate a blank character sheet. Then go to Characters and you'll see the gold 1d20 icon. Hit that and it generates 4d6 drops the lowest, and allows you to assign each roll to a stat.

That is what I did for Gil, whose sheet is now posted. Gilbert O’Sullivan, aka the Singing Swordsman, the Skald of Broad Wood, and the Cursed Crooner, is a skald of the north, of some repute, who lives under a curse which forces him to forever speak in verse. Only when he is drunk is he able to talk in normal fashion. Gil plays the lute, lyre and flute, and has a natural talent for drumming on any remotely plausible object (tavern tables, shields, helmets and orc skulls are among his favorite items.)

Given his curse, Gil is an accomplished accapelist and is always composing bardic songs contemporaneously, regardless of what is going on about him. Ballads, battle songs, dirges, tributes, Greyhawk country, Blackmoor beat, Flanaess freestyle, dark dungeon core, ditties, whatever circumstance and mood calls for. Sometimes it is hard to have a conversation with Gil, but he is fun at parties. Women tend to love or hate him. Gil knows how to swing a sword well enough, and is good campfire entertainment, so he is generally tolerated in adventuring groups.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by ken-do-nim »

Grognardsw wrote:It is nice to be on the PC side again on Unseen Servant after almost four years.

Yes hey there!

First order of business is to relearn how the character sheets work here on Unseen Servant.

ken-do-nim
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by ken-do-nim »

Oh and I always have to ask in a new 1E game what parts of Unearthed Arcana are in use: spells, weapon specialization, weapons, armor, etc.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

if I get a +1 to strength but have a natural 18 does the +1 take me to the next % level on exceptional strength for a fighter?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

I will get my rolls and hold on selecting a class until I see what we have. Looks like lots of interest in fighters. I prefer dual to multi class when I have the rolls, which I rarely do. I like clerics so maybe I will go that route.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

With a super generous rolling method I don't have a good set for a cleric (the die roller hates me). No race gets a + to Wisdom and my highest roll is 15 (I have 3 15's though). So it looks like I do qualify for Monk so I am going off the rails and making a Half Orc Monk.

Str 16 Int 10 Wis 15 Dex 15 Con 13 Chr 9

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

I will finish up my Monk later.

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Odin One Eye »

wolfpack wrote:I am thinking of taking advantage of the no class restrictions with race and making something out of the ordinary like a 1/2 orc fighter/mage

Odin i assume any multi class fighter/mage follows the same rule as elves and 1/2 elves and can wear armor
Yes they can as long as it is non metallic.
Last edited by Odin One Eye on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Odin One Eye
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Odin One Eye »

wolfpack wrote:if I get a +1 to strength but have a natural 18 does the +1 take me to the next % level on exceptional strength for a fighter?
Yes you will have a 19 Strength.

Return to “1E World of Greyhawk Campaign (1e)”