Day 1

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Day 1

#61 Post by tibbius »

Mateusz strikes with alacrity but inept aim. Initiative [1d6+7] = 4+7 = 11 To hit [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 with spear [1d6] = 6. Again the toothsome bitesome claw-fingered creature sways aside from the sharp tip of the spear.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by cybersavant »

Alarik, Visigoth hunter

Alarik holds his bow in hand, but draws the short sword he took from the camp as he moves up, behind the creature, opposite his companions.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#63 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Rushing to his comrade's side Hans swings his little club trying to help as best he can.

Inititive [1d6+5] = 5+5 = 10 To Hit [2d6-1] = 8-1 = 7 Damage [1d3-1] = 1-1 = 0

It does not go well.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Leitz »

Remember, if you have Brawling, then you get a +1 to hit with the club.

The creature slammed into Mateusz, knocking aside the shield as it clawed for his face. Each of it's filthy claws seemed to have unholy strength, and the fury of it's attacks was not lessened, even with multiple arrows lodged deeply.

Yet training and armor have their place, and Mateusz is subject to the nauseating breath of the creature, but no damage.

Roll initiative, and describe/roll for actions. After the next round, Alaric will be there as well.

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#65 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Hans continues to flail about with his club in fear of the chaos around him. Rats were one thing, but a living corpse or rabid plague victim was another!

Initiative [1d6+5] = 1+5 = 6, To Hit [2d6] = 5, Damage [1d3-1] = 3-1 = 2

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by tibbius »

Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Leitz »

The creature was literally frothing at the mouth, as it tried to devour Mateusz. It's attempts seemed slightly less forceful, but still fueled with the strength of madness.

Next round. Alaric and Hans get a +1 to attack, since the creature is focused on Mateusz. It is bleeding, but continuing. Roll init, to hit, and damage.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by tibbius »

Mateusz continues to have the worst luck with his spear ... embarrassing, flashes the thought ... fortunately he's doing ok keeping his shield between himself and the slobbering wretch that keeps trying to bite and rend him. Initiative [1d6+7] = 1+7 = 8, To Hit [2d6+1] = 3+1 = 4, 1hand spear [1d6] = 3
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#69 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

"God take you sinner!" Hans shouts in evangelical glee when his strike finally lands on the opponent.

Initiative [1d6+5] = 5+5 = 10, To Hit [2d6+1] = 12+1 = 13, Damage [1d3-1] = 1-1 = 0

Literally zero damage on the damage roll, but it's +5 over the DC to hit so is that 2 or 3 damage dealt?

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by cybersavant »

gaming since 1980

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Leitz »

Mr Stereo1 wrote:Literally zero damage on the damage roll, but it's +5 over the DC to hit so is that 2 or 3 damage dealt?
Correct, 2 pts damage. Yay!

Surrounded, the creature's snarls carry frothy ire. It could not flee, even if it knew how to. Fear and insanity show in it's eyes.

Same drill, except everyone gets +1 to hit.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by tibbius »

Not showing his trainers proud ... perhaps why Mateusz is a bodyman instead of being in charge of something. Initiative [1d6+7] = 1+7 = 8, To Hit [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7, 1hand spear [1d6] = 3.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by cybersavant »

gaming since 1980

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#74 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Hans swings away, earning only a glancing blow on the creature.

Initiative [1d6+5] = 5+5 = 10, To Hit [2d6+1] = 8+1 = 9, Damage [1d3-1] = 1-1 = 0

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Leitz »

The three men were able to circle the creature. Alaric's blade bit deeply, and the thing fell to its knees. Blood rolled over rotted teeth and streamed down pale chin. Whatever it was, whimpered. Alive, barely.

"Please..." it whispered.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by tibbius »

"Hold," said Mateusz to Alaric and Hans, resting his spear tip at the hollow of the creature's throat. "Speak. What are you?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#77 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Heaving desperately for breath after all the unusual exertions Hans falls flat on his ass and lets the creature do as it will. It didn't seem like it could kill Mateusz any more, and his new soldier friend would hopefully stop it before it tried to kill him. Hopefully. Hans kept his club in hand as he perked his ears up.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Leitz »

For a moment, the creature's human eyes held Mateusz' gaze.

"I..."

The film of insanity closed the portal of chance. With a twist and snarl it lunged at Hans.

OOC: Okay, hope you guys can break the trend here. The creature rolled well, and will claw and bite Hans. It's initiative is 7.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by tibbius »

Mateusz ... Initiative [1d6+7] = 6+7 = 13, To Hit [2d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, 1hand spear [1d6] = 2 ... can't catch a break. His spear thrust scrapes across the creature's collar bone a moment before it twists aside without significant injury.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by cybersavant »

gaming since 1980