OOC discussion and questions.

Stirling
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC discussion and questions.

#61 Post by Gremlin »

It's fascinating seeing people's histories. :)

Both of my paternal grandparents emigrated to the US separately to escape the Greek Genocide. My grandmother barely escaped the Great Fire of Smyrna. They met in New York years later.

On my mother side, my maternal grandfather's parents emigrated from Cork, Ireland to Virginia, where my grandfather grew up. He later moved to New England, where he met my maternal grandmother. She and her family are French Canadian, having roots in Montreal that go way back.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

My Grandfather left Lebanon in 1913, also fleeing the Turks. In his case it was the Lebanese Diaspora, he was Christian (Maronite Catholic).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_diaspora

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian ... e_Catholic

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Stirling »

ybn I saw the die rolled was linked to another forum. I didn't quite understand the macro used but am happy to accept the result if you don't want to re-roll on the US forum roller.

You can use a Fate chip ( savage world 'benny') to re-roll and try to negate a one on the Guts Skill. Or take a random result I will roll on the Fright Table.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by ybn1197 »

Stirling wrote:ybn I saw the die rolled was linked to another forum. I didn't quite understand the macro used but am happy to accept the result if you don't want to re-roll on the US forum roller.

You can use a Fate chip ( savage world 'benny') to re-roll and try to negate a one on the Guts Skill. Or take a random result I will roll on the Fright Table.
Sorry. I played in a Savage Worlds Fantasy game and we used that site for all our die rolls as it was more Savage Worlds friendly.

Guts: 2#1d4o4-2 -1 0
  • 2# tells the macro it is rolling two of the same die but not adding them together
  • 1d4 of course is the individual die roll
  • o4 indicates that should the die roll a 4 it is an open roll (explodes) and to keep rolling till something other than a 4 is rolled
  • The -2 was from my Doubting Thomas hindrance
Going through this showed me I rolled a d4 instead of a d6 for my wild die.
Last edited by ybn1197 on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by ybn1197 »

Guts Roll Wild Die: 1d6o6-2 2

Wasn't much better. I don't know the difficulty but since the best I will get is a 4, I am going to take the roll on the fear table. :shock:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Stirling »

At the risk oc being pedantic, the roll is modified by Grit count and Fear level of area in addition to Doubting Thomas Hindrance so should be as follows:

Doc Bolt vs Fear [1d4-3] = 2-3 = -1 wildcard [1d6-3] = 1-3 = -2

The result is a fail, but not a critical failure so you remain Shaken only.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by redwarrior »

Did we just.... split the party?? :shock: :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rex »

Yup

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Stirling »

Seems like it. Though you start on a rail line I am not going to railroad your game. It is as 'open world' as you make it.

The next encounter is set as planned though the outcome may be a little different now ...

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#70 Post by Gremlin »

It makes sense that both characters trying to avoid the law wouldn't get off a train in the middle of nowhere to accompany a bunch of Union soldiers.

One nice thing about PbP is that it handles separated parties much better than a tabletop game does. I'm sure we'll all find our way together again soon enough.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Marullus »

It is possible (at the GM's discretion) to have the detour handled relatively quickly... but I'm excited for it. If Flannigan is successful, he saves the child. If he fails, he instatiates a demonic/manitou entity in the game that hates us and which he can never attempt to exorcise again. :D Both are a story win!!

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by redwarrior »

Marullus wrote:It is possible (at the GM's discretion) to have the detour handled relatively quickly... but I'm excited for it. If Flannigan is successful, he saves the child. If he fails, he instatiates a demonic/manitou entity in the game that hates us and which he can never attempt to exorcise again. :D Both are a story win!!

:D :D

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#73 Post by Gremlin »

Let's hope those bandits weren't paying attention and there's a modifier... :lol:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Stirling »

Have posted first random draw using cards. The forum actually posts them in reverse order but I think that it works. What do you guys think?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Marullus »

To be honest, I have no idea what's happening with the cards. Where is that described so I can read it?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Stirling »

Page 71 of the Savage Worlds (deluxe) rules.

Basically instead of rolling a d10 to determine initiative order, the game uses a deck of cards inclusive of the red abd black jokers. After a joker is drawn then the deck gets reshuffled for future draws.

You act in card order and if same value cards are drawn then act by reverse alphabetical suit (Spades then Hearts, Diamonds, lastly Clubs).

Drawing a joker allows you to act outside if your turn so you can choose to act first, last or interrupt someone's action.

Each pc gets a card then each GM wildcard then normal GM npc's.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by Gremlin »

The attachments on that post are all showing up together at the bottom instead of under each name for me. But you said Alice got the Ace of Hearts, I will go ahead and take my action but I do have a question first.

In the House Rules thread there was a comment that Aces would count a Jokers with respect to acting at any time during the round. Does drawing an Ace for initiative also get the +2 to trait and damage rolls that a Joker would?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Stirling »

Sorry yes. Scrub the house rule I will edit that post. K put it in before I found a way to post a random but accountable deck if cards.

I see the same. Just think the forum is set up that way. Not an expert but it probably is in the system. Now I know I can try to post the future card pics in order.

Anyway you are first then Rourke.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by Bluetongue »

I think as long as we know which card belongs to which character it is fine. (I trust we are getting a fair deal and not a Huckster one, ha!).

I posted as Alice's action is in the other carriage. Shame I needed a better Ace die roll, some raise damage might have helped.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#80 Post by Gremlin »

I posted. I think I did all of that right but if anything is incorrect please let me know. I'm still learning this system.

By the way, the Unseen Servant dice roller hates me. I think I've rolled below average on every single roll so far. :x

Return to “Deadlands Reloaded (Savage Worlds)”