OOC discussion and questions.

Stirling
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC discussion and questions.

#121 Post by Gremlin »

In combat you would automatically get a free roll at the beginning of your turn to try to unshake (Spirit I think). Or like you said, spend a fate chip at any time to unshake.

I don't know how unshaking works out of combat, though. And I think if you fail a Guts check there's also some kind of Fear table to roll on? That might be optional, not sure. Don't have the pdf handy at the moment.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Stirling »

In this case the Guts roll is a result of encountering Bram in werewolf firm abd should be made at a -1 penalty not further penalised by territorial Fear levels. I am happy to play in thus situation a non-penalised role due to the ongoing exorcism. In that sense the manifestation is expected.

Still roll vs Guts. A natural 1 results in a roll on the GM Fright Table at [1d20+1].

Otherwise a failure on Guts indicates your character becomes Shaken and needs to roll a Vigour check or receive a level of fatigue for the rest of the encounter.

Which in this case would be the duration of the exorcism. I am allowing a +1 benefit to Pastor Flanagan's faith roll for each member who successfully overcomes the Guts challenge, either by success on the original role ir by removing the Shaken condition.

Furthermore, you may script how your character assists the Pastor. If you can Intimidate or Taunt the creature successfully while it is restrained and cause it to become shaken before the exorcism is complete, I will adjust his total resistance by -2 for the test if wills.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#123 Post by Gremlin »

Good info, thanks :)

Where you going to draw initiative for the other encounter or should we post what we want to do first? I was going to wait for a Rourke post since I don't think Alice would see what's happening before he would.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Stirling »

Just getting to do the draw now. So many posts!

Yes this first round the spider (s)? will be considered to have the drop on Alice and Billy so you are on hold.

I will post the next two action rounds in the card forum shortly.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by Bluetongue »

Going to be a real team effort to rid the boy of lycanthropy. So much action depending on Ace re-rolls and judicious use of Fate chips. Just seen that versus the spider. Aceing the shooting and then Aceing the damage. That first Fate Chip Ace for Pastor looks like it may make all the difference especially as the last one stuttered short.

Hope the GM runs out of his allotment of Fate soon so doesn't unshake any shaken condition and spoil the exorcism success.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Marullus »

Rourke versus the spider was AWESOME! Good job!

Having the 1d12+1 instead of 1d10 would also have made the difference for the preacher... but I expected from the beginning that I would fail the Exorcism. We're FAR closer than I ever expected. :) I figured that failing and establishing an eternally vengful Manitou/Demon that I can't EVER exorcise is great for long-term consequences!! :lol:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Stirling »

Oh! Don't worry. You are only playing with the puppy, Alpha dog might be along soon ...

As far as present exorcism goes. I will wait on folk posting actions I suggested or others they may think relevant which may advantage the final command of deliverance or not.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Marullus »

I love Malcolm's bargain. It actually had a risk (as a reroll) of making things worse. I was kind of hoping for snake eyes... After Jack's success we had just enough to win, but if it came up snake eyes we would have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and sent the Reverend into a crisis of faith. I had a whole scene and scripture going in my head as the Devil's help echoed the "house divided" passage again. :)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Stirling »

Not quite yet ...

You should make it ... but you still need to advantage your roll as presently you are rolling a d12-4 to get a TN of 3+ so that is still 50-50% chance.

Isungr
Strider
Strider

#130 Post by Isungr »

Completely off topic, but......

https://youtu.be/TguKPy-ptww

10 years ago today Red Dead Redemption was released and we're still not over it.

"Ain't no trouble, Abigail. Ain't no trouble."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Marullus »

Bluetongue wrote:Walks down the track, rifle in hand. He is sombre, not sure what to make of the petrified folk.
I read this as "somber hombre" and I love it. :D

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Stirling »

Sorry busy weekend with some lockdown over so I have had to fill weekend with business meetings.

Will update both scenes tomorrow or Monday.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Stirling »

Pastor Flanagan for gaining a name, Standing Bear among the renegades, take a Fate Chip reward.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Marullus »

Woot! :) Thanks!

By my count, there are 10 of the 30 Indians lie dead. There's also the last cavalryman killed by spears and one settler shot through the throat by an arrow. My next action is to check all the Dead to see if they can be saved (I have an hour with the easier miracle). I am hoping at least the settler and one brave can be saved narratively, but mooks are usually discounted. Before I post IC, is it feasible to save any? If so, how many rolls should I make?

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by Bluetongue »

Any news on Laramie?

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#136 Post by Gremlin »

Sleepy town, this Laramie. Nothing happening for almost two weeks...

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Stirling »

sorry folks last couple of weeks have been quite hectic in work and home. Have updated both scenes, will add to Pastor's group later.

Thank you for your patience.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by ybn1197 »

Sorry. Was busy this past week with the possibility that my son had contracted COVID from a co-worker. Apparently she tested negative but it was not a good time for any of us. I'm essential at a cancer clinic and my wife is essential at a dental office. Thankfully we were both on vacation last week and it didn't interfere with our jobs but it was a nerve wracking experience. And our son has not shown any symptoms and was allowed to go back to his job as well.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Stirling »

Sorry for delay, my city of Leicester is in a particular lockdown which hampers my work life balance.

Updates being posted.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by ybn1197 »

No problems, these are difficult times we live in and everyone has had to make changes. And as always, RL comes first and foremost.

Return to “Deadlands Reloaded (Savage Worlds)”