Chapter 1: A Knife in Darkness

tibbius
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: A Knife in Darkness

#361 Post by Rex »

Lathi

If the light is out on the staff we could use my robe.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#362 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak doesn't have anything he could use for that.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara sighs and removes her cloak to give to Ishbak. Slightly shivering now, she remarks. "Try not to rip it up too much." She stands back and awaits the results.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#364 Post by tibbius »

A quick look around ... you're unobserved in the vacant street, aside from the imperturbable and haughty gaze of the million deific eyes above you. The night air indeed is chilly.

Up and over the sill, Ishbak rolls and drops about a foot, landing with a muted thump atop a well-stacked pile of crates. Turning to the window, he drops the rope for others to follow.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

sirravd

#365 Post by sirravd »

Anathotesh offers to go up when half of the others have. "That way I'll be guarding as many of you as possible, on the street and in the warehouse."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Lathi climbs up as well.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#367 Post by tibbius »

One by one you clamber up the rope, wiggle over the bundled cloak and through the window, thump down onto the stack of crates, and scramble to the floor of the warehouse. When the last of you is in, Ishbak pulls the rope through the window and retrieves Xara's cloak, which surprisingly has no visible holes. The fading glow of the dead priest's staff illumines stacks of crates and piles of bags all around you. The warehouse is about thirty feet wide and a hundred feet long, and you are near the middle of it. Stuff is stacked higher than your heads all around you, with a narrow aisle running the long way down the middle.

What do you do?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og has a gleam in his eye and a wicked smile, "This is all ours right? he he"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Keeping alert for anyone in the warehouse Lathi begins searching around to see what is in here.

Note, has Observant Feat.
Passive Perception 20
Passive Investigation 18

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#370 Post by tibbius »

Walking stealthily through the warehouse in an hour between moonset and dawn, you find it difficult to perceive what's here. It would be helpful if you had some means to pry the crates, or read their labels - if they had any - but the flickering light of the barely-glowing staff is inadequate for reading. The sacks you can ascertain by feel contain mostly some grainy or powdery substances. A few sacks clank with metal objects, significantly larger and lighter than coins.

The building contains many cartloads of goods, so many that it seems futile to even imagine removing a significant fraction of the questionable wealth that is piled here. You stumble across a section of tables and chairs, neatly stacked. By feel you identify ornate carvings of animal heads and vines.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

#371 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Let's see if there is some sort of office or locked area. Hopefully there is something of value in this place.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

"Is this whole place ours? I mean, does it only have things from Behruz?" Xara looks around in amazement.

"We need a log of some sort. Like in the guildmaster's office." She says with a smile.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Searches for an office or desk area.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#374 Post by tibbius »

The faintly glowing staff flickers. A few last glowing particles drift from it. Then it goes dark.

Og can see in the dark?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og can see in the dark up to 60'

Scott308

#376 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Drat!, mutters Ishbak from the darkness when the light goes out. Hold on a second... He rummages around in his pack for a few moments before being illuminated by a lit candle. That's better. Don't want to light a lantern and have light shine out the windows and betray our presence in here. He will continue looking for an office or locked area.
I accidentally rolled this when I meant to roll for a different character. Since it is in the Die Roller, I'll post it here so it doesn't look like I'm rolling and not posting bad rolls.
Investigation: [1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#377 Post by tibbius »

Picking through the cluttered warehouse by the dim light of a single candle, that's slow going. With a bit of stumbling, luckily no falls.

Eventually, toward the front of the narrow building, Ishbak finds a table and a stool with a chain dangling from the table. The bronze chain is riveted to the table at its upper end. Its lower end is a bare link with nothing attached. The table has a hole in the top with a small clay vessel sitting in the hole. Holding the candle near it reveals the residue of some dark liquid dried to paste: a disused inkpot.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara is shifting her weight from one leg to another, slowly getting restless. "We should go. This is taking too long in the dark, and there's too much here to grab. We need to do this officially, with carts and such." Xara turns to plead her case to the others. "How will it look if we get found here? Or if the guards are disposed of? I want to go through this place without the threat of exposure."

"Please?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og shrugs, "What do you have in mind? We are here now and folks seem to clearly have it out for us..."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"If we leave here now I think we need to lie low for sure."

Return to “World of Xoth (5e)”