Chapter 1: A Knife in Darkness

tibbius
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: A Knife in Darkness

#401 Post by Rex »

Lathi

Lathi has an explorers pack, he will put the Rhino in there.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#402 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

"Now we're talking. I can't wait to get undressed and put these on. Nothing like the feel of fine metals on your skin, you know." She repacks the necklaces in the silk bag and moves to gather the others. She follows the light towards Anathotesh and Ishbak.

"We've got to hurry, time is not our friend." Then she looks up at the chest corridor and lets out a low whistle. "Ummm. This could take a while."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#403 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Well...there's gotta be something in these. The trick is finding the good stuff. Ishbak will go to the nearest chest and quickly inspect the contents if it is unlocked.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og suggests, "there is quite a bit of loot here - do we want to leave and come back, umm, legally - and take what is owed to us without a hassle?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#405 Post by tibbius »

The chest is unlocked. It contains clay tablets and papyrus scrolls marked with numbers and abbreviated words. Records of caravan loads and payments, similar to the manifests of ships that the pirate Ishbak has taken. If all of the arm-sized chests contain similar documents, Akhtesh Behruz was a truly successful merchant.

... wait. Ishbak chances on a plain flat paper signed and sealed. It is a contract between Akhtesh Behruz and "one who wears a priestly gown," for "acceptance and disposition of assets." Marked "PAID" with an impressed seal.

Another contract, this one between "A.B." and Jabdar Laughra, for "safekeeping of assets." It promises payment of one-half of one hundredth the value of the assets, per month, "to be obtained by liquidation of assets in case not timely paid in cash, remainder of liquid value to be disbursed to A.B. or his estate." Maybe "A.B." had a morbid mind.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

#406 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

Ishbak will take the two contracts and close the chest, leaving everything else as it was. OK, I think we have spent enough time in here, we can go.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og is ready to go, "where we headed?"

He continues to scan as he goes for any portable treasures that he can pocket.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"We could go back to my room, we never really searched it well, maybe something is hidden there."

Scott308

#409 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

That's as good a plan as any other. Let's go. Ishbak will also be on the lookout for anything that might find its way into his pocket.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#410 Post by tibbius »

On a whim, with his toe, Ishbak flips open the lid of a sturdy round-topped chest. Within it are fist-sized, heavy-looking bags of silk. He bends and hefts one. It is surprisingly heavy, heavier than sand, and somehow feeling softer and warmer. The grains and tiny nuggets inside the bag rasp against each other making minute metallic music. The bag weighs between three and five pounds.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Scott308

#411 Post by Scott308 »

Ishbak Arus

The pirate will pocket a bag, then close the lid.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#412 Post by tibbius »

Getting back out the window and dropping down to the street is not particularly hard, though the stack of crates does shift a little under your feet as you clamber up.

The sky is turning a paler shade of purple, especially above the south end of the Pleasure District behind you, as you travel back to the Prison Gate that connects Trades & Crafts to Residential. The guards at the gate stop you.

"What are you rough lot doing at this hour, trying to get into the residences?" asks the guard captain, whose red sash drapes loosely around a rangy frame. His eyes are bloodshot and dark-circled and his cheeks are stubbly. His breath smells like a long night.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"We were out celebrating my new room, which is where we are headed now to get some sleep."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#414 Post by tibbius »

The guard captain measures you each with his eyes, more carefully assessing your appearance and condition.

"And how did your celebration involve bleeding?" he asks after a few moments. He seems more alert than he initially had.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"I think every good celebration involves bleeding doesn't it? Party Hard!"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#416 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og will fake a big yawn...

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#417 Post by tibbius »

"Where was your party?" asks the guard captain. He motions casually to his men. They both approach, hands on their swords. Although outnumbered by your group, they seem relaxed.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by Rex »

Lathi

"Some place selling drink, I just came here when I learned I had inherited a place to stay and don't know it here very well."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Xara

Xara looks surprised and looks at Og. "George! You didn't say you got hurt when you tripped over that drunk!" She turns to the lead guard and addresses him. "I'm from the Temple of Belet-Lil, my friend is more hurt than he let on. Please allow us to continue on to this man's house so I can tend to his wound." Xara moves to Og's side and caresses his chest.

She smiles slyly and purrs the next words. "Surely you wouldn't want to interfere with a priestess' healing?"

At this moment, she will cast Thaumaturgy and cause a voice calling "Guards, guards!" to come from an alley in the direction our group came. (further into the Trades & Crafts)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by ravenn4544 »

Og raises his eyebrows and a smile comes to his twisted face. He looks at the women then back to the guards "We're done here, right?.."

Return to “World of Xoth (5e)”