OOC I

dmw71
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#181 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am
Darklin2 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:10 am Well this is the 2nd 5E Game that has turned to shit. i am done with it.

I'm addressing this response separately.

I do not -- at all -- appreciate having multiple games of mine described as having "turned to shit." I've been ruminating over your response since I first read it hours ago and ultimately decided that, you're right, you are done with it.

Thank you for playing, and for giving 5e a chance, but you are no longer welcome in this game. Or likely any other game I run in the future.
Okay, I am starting to regret the second half of my response.

I am still pissed. It takes a lot of time and commitment to run a game on here (much less multiple games at the same time), but.... I did go back and completely re-read the happenings in the first game of mine you joined (Adventures in Aberdeen (5e)) and you had a rough go at it. Actually, the whole party kind of did considering it ended in a TPK (which is rare).

The roll result was lost when the die roller was updated, but I can see from my footer details that you, at one point, were knocked unconscious in this game, too. You've had a rough go, so I understand your frustration.

I originally had a series of five (or so) unrelated modules, all written by the same author, that I was going to string together into a longer-running campaign. You're all still working your way through the first (of five, or six?) modules and have a fair bit still to complete.

Yes, I did decide that I plan to consider this a full campaign once you complete the first module, but the game is not over yet.

Also, for full disclosure, I shared the exact post that follows in the private Moderators Forum:

I wanted to let you guys know that I just now decided to remove a player from one of my games.

Game: Adventures in Manor Hills (5e)
Player: Darklin2

Summary of Issues
Darklin2, new to 5e, was a player in my Adventures in Aberdeen (5e) game.
They were/are a good player.

I thought this was pretty funny!

Healing in 5e is pretty generous, but his character (Loran) did admittedly have a rough go of it:
  1. Getting skewered into unconsciousness and dragged over the side of a boat, here.
  2. Then his character touched an enchanted weapon (here) which triggers its spectral/cursed owner into action (here).
  3. She immediately retreats to the exit and urges the rest of the group to leave (here).
  4. The group dawdles, exploring other contents in the room. His character is starting to get pissed, here.
  5. The delay inside allowed a group of goblins to sneak into position for an ambush (here).
  6. The battle did not go well (here, and here).
  7. The goblins are dealt with outside, but only one party member remains, and the spectral haunt still looks to drive the party away, or kill them, whichever happens first (here).
  8. His character ultimately bleeds out and dies (here).
  9. Eventually, the final standing party members gets dropped (here).

This was one of three games I was running at the same time, which was a lot, so I decided to not resurrect the game and instead invited anyone from this game to join either of my two other games (here).

Darklin2 elected to join my Adventures in Manor Hills (5e) game.

I think their character has dropped unconscious in this game, too, but is currently alive and well.

However, I announced (here) that, once the current story arc they're on completes (they still have a fair bit to go), I was going to consider the game complete (instead of moving on to the next module I had planned).

This is the comment that set me off. I was (and still am) pretty pissed about it... but, I'm starting to think I might have overreacted by outright removing him from the game. I'm not sure if he will, but I am about to extend an olive branch so we'll see.

Anyway, it's a situation worth monitoring.

Anyway, I apologize for my initial reaction. You've been in two 5e games and have had a string of bad luck in both. I get it.

If you want to continue with Luthar until the adventure is completed, you're more than welcome to. I also still welcome to join future games I run -- I've never had a problem with you as a player; quite the opposite, in fact.

I will leave it up to you.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Darklin2 »

Believe me it is nothing against you. I have just struggled with learning this 5E game from the start. Nothing has gone right and I have spent more time creating the characters than I have playing them. I am going back to 2E at least I know how it works and don't have to spend time in the books trying to tailor my response so I get it right. Your games have been great but 5E just isn't working for me.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#183 Post by RiverGreenForest »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:48 am
RiverGreenForest wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:57 pm But I'll be more than happy to join in on the next campaign!
Cool, I'm glad you'll stick around. If you're looking for an OSRIC game, the hardcore 5e game I have plans for will be... eh... well, the two editions aren't that close, but 1e is the more deadly of the two editions, but hardcore 5e might compete with it. I can promise you, it will be a challenging game.
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it. As for OSRIC, at the moment not now. I just want to enjoy this campaign and the other two 2E games I'm participating in. I think after the campaigns are done I'll be ready for another adventure. :)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#184 Post by dmw71 »

I have the next update for this game saved as a draft and will probably wrap it up in the next day or two.

With Scott being largely unavailable this weekend anyway (due to GaryCon), I don't feel super rushed to get it out there.

-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#185 Post by dmw71 »

Two quick notes:
  1. I am hoping to be able to update this game soon. Possibly later today, but it's also likely it may take another day or two.
  2. My subscription -- which is what allows me to share my purchased content -- at D&D Beyond expires on April 23rd. I have linked to these purchased sources liberally throughout all my games and fully expect these links to stop working after that date. Apologies in advance.

Feel free to report any links that aren't working and I can update them (if possible) or quote the pertinent information from the link that ceases to work.

-- Project --
-- DM --

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Marullus »

Scott308 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:43 am He quickly fans them out then tosses them into the room, hoping they will scatter and give them some clue what the invisible object is.
What a cool visual! Bravo! :)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#187 Post by Scott308 »

Thanks! I was hoping he had flour or chalk dust or something similar that would work better, but figured at the very least it would give us some information as to the width/ height of the invisible object. Gotta work with what you've got.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#188 Post by dmw71 »

I'm hoping to be able to move this game tomorrow.
-- Project --
-- DM --

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#189 Post by RiverGreenForest »

It's all good, man. I'm in no hurry! Just enjoying the game 8-)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#190 Post by dmw71 »

Scott308 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:49 am Vinwrick gets out of the way. Lutharin, you wanna give it a look?
My bad.

I've been waiting for a response from Luthar... and forget that Darklin2 dropped out of the game. I will NPC him and try to update the game later tonight or tomorrow.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#191 Post by dmw71 »

Reminder for self:

Luthar has +8 to lock pick attempts.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#192 Post by dmw71 »

A part of me wishes the 'Happy Birthday!' topic didn't exist, or stopped being used, but I will specifically call out the birthday for players in my game(s) when I notice them.

Happy birthday, RiverGreenForest. Hope you have a good one.
-- Project --
-- DM --

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#193 Post by RiverGreenForest »

dmw71 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:30 pm A part of me wishes the 'Happy Birthday!' topic didn't exist, or stopped being used, but I will specifically call out the birthday for players in my game(s) when I notice them.

Happy birthday, RiverGreenForest. Hope you have a good one.
Thank you! Much appreciated! Sorry I haven't been active much. I got a call back from my previous job last week so I've been busy getting documentation secured and ready.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#194 Post by dmw71 »

RiverGreenForest wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:14 am Am I suppose to make another saving throw? Still says my saving throw is pending.
No, sorry. I'm an idiot and just forgot to update that detail.

I'll do it now or I guaranteed I'd forget again.

-- Project --
-- DM --

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#195 Post by RiverGreenForest »

It's all good, just wanted to make sure.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#196 Post by dmw71 »

ravenn4544 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:53 am He listens to the goblin's urging and wonders, not for the first time, what it is really up to....
:lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#197 Post by dmw71 »

Apologies for the delay.

I've been dealing with some health stuff, plus my job has been crazy busy... which has been complicated by multiple power/Internet outages over this past week.

I will need a few days to get caught back up on everything, but expect things to get rolling here again soon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#198 Post by RiverGreenForest »

No worries, hope all is well! Take your time!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#199 Post by dmw71 »

Marullus wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:00 pm(I'll be camping from now through Monday in the mountains; I expect to next be able to post Tuesday. If the scene advances over the weekend, he intends to shove the grappled implement back into its lidded-pot confinement and you can roll for him.)
With this upcoming weekend being a holiday here in the U.S., I don't expect a lot of progress to be made until next week.

I know I have family plans tomorrow and Monday, so Tuesday looks the earliest this game will move again regardless.
-- Project --
-- DM --

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#200 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Sounds good to me! Hope all is well!

Return to “Adventures in Manor Hills (5e)”