Round 1: The Saucy Tart

Monsieur Rose
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Round 1: The Saucy Tart

#61 Post by Zhym »

"This guy's on our team now!" says Lug, pointing to Holeon. He rushes forward to pounce on the first not-on-his-team he can get to.

Grapple: [1d100] = 57 [1d100] = 74

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 10

Our Heroes

Lug and Evan go rushing over to engage the melee. Lug descends upon the Bald Monk and slams into him, knocking him clear off the balcony for the second time. He lands with a thud, mere feet from Rogg. Tane doesn't get back up.
Evan leaps effortlessly over a table to go on a double date with Ah'Tak and the two female elves. Tarielye's charms are more apparent up close, and Evan gets distracted. His blow misses the mark and leaves himself open for a counter. Luckily for the chivalrous Evan, she is too distracted by the nearby halfling to notice.

Tarielye raps Arran twice in the face and is rewarded. Arran's eyes cross and he crumbles in a heap.

Golfi quickly turns and faces Ah'Tak, lashing out at her attacker. Ah'tak deftly sidesteps and counters with a punch of his own. The already reeling Golfi goes down with what Ah'tak knows wasn't his best punch.

Holeon steps into the void filled by Tane and engages the burly halfling. It turns out to be a severe mistake. His blow is easily countered by Folco and receives a punishing uppercut to the chin. A sickening crunch can be heard around the room as Holeon is dropped with one punch.

Vonn is next to try his luck with the Pint-sized Pugilist. It goes better than Holeon, landing a blow on Folco, but not one with any power behind it. Folco turns his attention to Vonn.

The Room

Only Tarielye and Folco still stand.
octagon10.jpg
octagon10.jpg (205.29 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
PC Status
  • Ah'Tak | Half-Orc | Cleric | HP: 10 | Move: 9
    Pummel: (def/attack) 70/23 Grapple:70/16
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 9/11 | Move: 9
    P:60/17 G:60/11
  • Lug| Human | Fighter | HP: 11 | Move: 12
    P:80/21 G:80/14
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 10/14 3 temp | Move: 9
    P:70/20 G:70/13
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 5/11 1 temp | Move: 12
    P:80/20 G:80/12

NPC Status
  • Telchar| Dwarf KO
    P:50/22 G:60/17
  • Ryany| Dwarf KO
    P:80/21 G:90/13
  • Urin| Dwarf KO
    P:70/31 G:80/12
  • Ulfang| Half-Orc KO
    P:70/22 G:80/13
  • Gatu| Half-Elf KO
    P:70/22 G:80/15
  • Tigilda | Human KO
  • Holeon | Human KO
  • Andres| Gnome KO
    P:70/21 G:80/14
  • Sared| Gnome KO
    P:90/24 G:90/15
  • Bertham| Gnome KO
    P:70/18 G:80/11
  • Geoffry| Human KO
    P:70/16 G:80/9
  • Ewin| Human KO
  • Folco| Halfling
  • Fastholm| Halfling KO
  • Marode| Halfling KO
  • Arran| Halfling KO
  • Tane| Human KO
    P:85/24 G:70/15
  • Tarielye| Elf
    P:40/22 G:50/18
  • Golfi| Elf KO
    P:40/23 G:50/17
Last edited by Monsieur Rose on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn continues to try and take out Folco.

Pummel [1d100] = 88 and [1d100] = 5

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by tibbius »

Rogg sighs and shrugs and trudges rapidly up to the balcony to deal out some pain. In case he gets there this round, he shoves his way to Folco:
pound [1d100] = 27 to bring pain [1d100] = 44
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Zhym »

"Hey, that's my new friend!" protests Lug. He runs up and tries to grab the burly halfling.

Grapple: [1d100] = 68 [1d100] = 85
Last edited by Zhym on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

In an unexpected show of honor, or more likely male chauvinism, Ah'tak surveys his immediate surroundings and selects a route that will let him pass Tarielye while he targets Folco.

"Get out of way," he growls simply as he passes the elven maiden; with force if necessary. "Ah'tak want to end little man," he says matter-of-factly, clubbing the halfling over the head with a clenched fist.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan, with perhaps NOT the most chivalrous thoughts at the moment, decides to attempt to tackle the fetching Elven boxer....

Input: [1d100]
Output: [1d100] = 90

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 11

Our Heroes

Tarielye reacts with lightning speed and lashes out at Evan. He manages to ignore the way her hair flows as she strikes and gets his shield up just in time. Her hand clangs off and Evan spots an opening he'd like to hit. ... Unfortunately for Evan, the smell of her hair flowing through the air distracts him and he is unable to seal the deal.

Ah'Tak reaches out and taps the halfling once, twice. He still hasn't gotten the hang of fighting little people yet as the blows only serve to anger Folco.

At about the same time that Ah'tak is tickling Folco, the Angry Halfling strikes his equally height-challenged opponent, Vonn. Hard. A right hand that feels like stone slams into his face and possibly breaks his nose. Vonn drops like a bag of tankards. 3 dmg 10 temp. "Bring it on, Twicelings!"."

Lug calls out to the taunting Halfling "Hey, that's my new friend!" and reaches out to grab Folco. He just barely gets his fingers on the Halfling and is able to close his grip and secure Folco. With an ease that belies the Halflings power, Lug lifts him off his feet, spins around and tosses Folco discus-style off the balcony. "Oooohhhh SHIIIIITTTTTTEEEEE" Folco yells as he goes flying through the air. He lands on the stage and slides along the top, scattering items as he goes. Poor Ryany, who has woken up and was leaning on the stage for support, doesn't see Folco coming and they collide in a jumbled heap of demi-human. Neither one is stirring.

Rogg decides to join the fun and races up the ramp, just about to reach Folco when Lug takes care of the little problem.

Evan, still doing little but flirting with Tarielye, tries to smash her with his shield. He strikes out once more. She winks and blows a kiss at Evan. "Gods, I hope you're not this shy in bed, kid. I usually prefer a bit more contact." She suddenly turns as she hears Folco whistling through the air and assesses the situation.

"Ok. I yield. You win. No sense in taking a beating without a payoff." She winks once more at Evan.

The Room
The room goes silent for a moment, then: "HAHAHAHAH! Did you see that Ian? Halfling tossing! He had to have gone 30 feet! Oh my Gods! We should do that next week! Competitive tossing: Will your throw go half as far, or will it dwarf the competition? Gnome one knows! HAHAHAHA!"

You could all stop now and split the cash. (Not including Tarielye) Or... :twisted:
octagon11.jpg
octagon11.jpg (202.95 KiB) Viewed 3079 times
PC Status
  • Ah'Tak | Half-Orc | Cleric | HP: 10 | Move: 9
    Pummel: (def/attack) 70/23 Grapple:70/16
  • Evan| Human | Fighter | HP: 9/11 | Move: 9
    P:60/17 G:60/11
  • Lug| Human | Fighter | HP: 11 | Move: 12
    P:80/21 G:80/14
  • Rogg| Half-Orc | Fighter | HP: 10/14 2 temp | Move: 9
    P:70/20 G:70/13
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: -7/11 10 temp | Move: 12 KO
    P:80/20 G:80/12

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Zhym »

"That was fun!" cheers Lug. He gives Ah'Tak, Rogg, and Evan a questioning look. "Still teammate pals, right?" He offers his hand in congratulations.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Rex »

Vonn

"Snore."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan shook his head and literally forced himself to look away from the sultry Elf maid when Lug spoke up. He KNEW the Elf would just try to double cross him, so he forced himself to walk away and he took Lug's hand and shook it; "Of COURSE we are big man. Let's split the cash and hey... where's....uh oh"; he says he looks for Vonn and sees the poor battered Dwarf lying on the ground.

He moves over and carefully picks up the unconscious Vonn, grunting with the effort of it as he lays him down on a table-top. He glances over at Ah'Tak and asks; "Do you have any healing spells memorized that you could maybe use him? I'll give you an extra 10 gold from my cut".

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Zhym »

"Hooray! We won!" cheers Lug again. "First round of drinks is on me!"

He looks around the room, seeing almost no one to buy drinks for. The sound of snores and low groans fill the otherwise silent room.

"Well, when you all wake up, anyway."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by tibbius »

Rogg grunts. "Ooh aah!" He looks up the elf maid but sees her gaze fixed on the pretty boy Evan. Ah well. As a half orc one's always the flanker, never the hero.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 1 Scene 12: The Epilogue

A loud voice calls out: "Congratulations! You are the winners of the second weekly 'Brawl in the Hall'. Please see the Barkeep for your winnings. Thank you all for participating and we hope to see you again next week."

The Barkeep moves out from behind his bar with a heavy-looking sack. "I heard something about a round of drinks!" He hands Lug the bag and gets started on the drinks.

Meanwhile, the other combatants are coming too, woosy and battered. Tarielye helps her friend to her feet and suggests sitting down for drinks, on Evan of course.

Everyone is good-natured and jovial, even though they were fighting just minutes ago. You all also feel more positive and friendly than you'd expect. The Doorman notes your surprise and comments "Yeah. That's new. Last time there were some hard feelings, so I guess the bosses cast a little something to smooth the rough edges. Not that I mind."

If there's anything else you want to do, let me know, otherwise I'd like to move over to postmortem. viewtopic.php?f=866&t=9617#p466005

Return to “The Octagon (D&D)”