Spell & Tactical Planning Discussions

GreyWolfVT
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 3: Taverns and New Adventures

#1 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

"What do you all prefer? Going right after supper? Or perhaps in the morning when we are all prepared

for such an eventuality?"
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#2 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"I will need to ponder what spells would be best suitable for such an exploration. I think it best we start first thing tomorrow."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

The Dark Elf digs in as well, not wanting to have her companions wait any longer either. Anuzal had the right idea, in both

senses. Food and his question. As she is eating, she asks the group.

"So, it looks like we will be going to do this. Any thoughts on how to get past any magical traps? Fighting an

evil monster or foe is pretty straightforward. I haven't dealt with any magical traps in my career as of yet. Perhaps

Eilistraee may grant me some spells to help us. I have access to some more powerful divine magics now so that

may come in handy.""

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by alver »

Urtesi

"Del... between you, Weston and me I believe we have enough divine magic to find traps." He glances at Trist unsurely, "if these traps are magical our new elven companions should sense them too."

"The problem is though - correct me if I'm wrong here Weston - it will not be easy to remove those traps if they were cast by a master wizard. We can go slowly and see if there is a way around."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"You're right, we won't be able to dispel the magic. If we know where they are we can avoid them and others we might be able to find a way to disable them, a command word perhaps. We shall just have to see"

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

"I can cast Find Traps 3 times, but as already stated we have no way of disarming a magical trap."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by alver »

Urtesi

After dinner, when the host and the servants aren't around:
Cwreando wrote: Trist later confides with the others of her suspicions about Kaerin.
"At the very least he is concealing the truth. I can see two ways we can deal with this."

"The direct way: you guys grab Kaerin and hold him while I cast a divination spell. If he is an evil man, it will be revealed. If he is a good man, we will apologize and explain that he is behaving very suspiciously."

"The sneaky way: we play along, fetch the items and hand them over. If he is a good man, no harm done. If he is up to something, we can watch him. Maybe he will lead us to this mystery woman the note is talking about."

"I would recommend the sneaky way."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by tarlyn »

alver wrote:Urtesi

After dinner, when the host and the servants aren't around:
Cwreando wrote: Trist later confides with the others of her suspicions about Kaerin.
"At the very least he is concealing the truth. I can see two ways we can deal with this."

"The direct way: you guys grab Kaerin and hold him while I cast a divination spell. If he is an evil man, it will be revealed. If he is a good man, we will apologize and explain that he is behaving very suspiciously."

"The sneaky way: we play along, fetch the items and hand them over. If he is a good man, no harm done. If he is up to something, we can watch him. Maybe he will lead us to this mystery woman the note is talking about."

"I would recommend the sneaky way."

Delsenora

"I feel the same way. He nearly blurted out he was the son and he seems suspicious to me as well. One of us can Cast Know Alignment the other Detect evil perhaps?

"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Egon

"In my experience most men are a mix of good and evil, I don't trust him, but I don't get the impression he is evil either. People are not my specialty so I will leave the decision on how to proceed to those who know more than I. I will support whatever the decision."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Dram »

Xlore- Listens to the others discussion. The sneaky way is the way we should go. We make some coin and find what he is hiding.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor: Sylvan Elf - Magic-User - Evoker - AC 10 - Hit Points: 8 / 8

Therick says, "Yes, sneaky way sounds good."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

"So we just need to lay out a plan about how we will accomplish our goal".

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by alver »

Urtesi We have multiple timelines going on here. My post is continuing the talk after dinner, host and servants not present.
tarlyn wrote:Delsenora

"So we just need to lay out a plan about how we will accomplish our goal".
"Well, we do what he has asked of us. Except that we watch our backs at all times. Once we hand the items over, maybe he will trust us more and tell us what's going on. If we don't learn anything useful, we can pretend to leave and start watching the house. Who comes and goes. If Kaerin leaves, where does he go. The talents of Xlore and Egon can help here."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Dram »

My post is also after dinner posting.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by tarlyn »

Dram wrote:My post is also after dinner posting.

My post is after dinner as well..

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by tarlyn »

shaidar wrote:Weston accepts a guest room too

"An early start is wise move, I will have to prepare suitable spells for the day.

He turns to Therick, Urtesi and Delsenora "Perhaps we should have a brief discussion before we retire on the most suitable spells for the investigation. It would be sensible to ensure our choices are optimal and do not overlap"
Just before leaving

Nodding, Del is in agreement.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by alver »

"An early start is wise move, I will have to prepare suitable spells for the day.

He turns to Therick, Urtesi and Delsenora "Perhaps we should have a brief discussion before we retire on the most suitable spells for the investigation. It would be sensible to ensure our choices are optimal and do not overlap"
Urtesi suggests that each of the clerics should be ready to cast Find Traps once and take turns using it. They should also be ready to Cure Light Wounds and Detect Magic, at least once. This way, if something happens to one, the others can cover. "I do not know what arcane magic should be prepared."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by tarlyn »

alver wrote:

Urtesi suggests that each of the clerics should be ready to cast Find Traps once and take turns using it. They should also be ready to Cure Light Wounds and Detect Magic, at least once. This way, if something happens to one, the others can cover. "I do not know what arcane magic should be prepared."
"I agree. Find traps probably the most important one. If we levae the Detect Magic to the Arcane, then we Divine casters could have more Cures and Find Traps? Off the

top of my head maybe a Detect Evil or some kind of foe detection spell may come in handy as well?"

Return to “GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures (2e)”