Operation Rogue Lion

Demilich
Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

Operation Rogue Lion

#1 Post by Demilich »

This is for your first mission
Last edited by Demilich on Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Team 2 First mission

#2 Post by Demilich »

You are all told to go to an office building in downtown Manhattan, New York City, USA, looking it up on the web, you find a listing for Apex Shipping Company, with office space for lease or rent.

The parking lot is underground, you're told to let the scanner scan your I.C.O.N. [ International Covert Operations Network] badge for free access, otherwise, you have to pay for parking.

It is a silvery metallic looking building, seems that the first three floors are a UPS store, an elevator from the parking lot takes you up to the fifth floor after you enter your PIN on the keypad.

As the doors open, you see a busy office environment, multiple large flat screens hanging on the walls show various scenes from around the world, as well as major media networks from around the world. people are sitting behind desks watching the events on the screens, typing into laptop screens and talking with others, most of them seem to barely notice you.
The walls are a plain off white color, wall to wall gray carpet covers the floor, wall-size windows let in the summer sun, everyone is dressed in business attire, armed guards wearing uniforms watch you as you come out of the elevator, as well as cameras, from multiple angles. A man and woman sitting behind a large reception desk direct you to go down the hallway on the right.

As you go down the hallway, you notice plaques on the walls by the three doors, with names of different people on each one. The fourth one is Mr. Maldin's office, inside the doorway is a secretary's space, with everything she needs, a woman with long blonde hair sits behind an office desk, shes wearing a dark blue blouse, looking up from her laptop as you enter, she gives you a smile, "Good morning, Miss/ Mr [insert your last name], Mr. Maldin is expecting you, please go in the doorway behind me."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Leitz »

Han enjoyed being back in The City. The world's most heterogeneous adventure. Except for London. Maybe.

The bus ride had been like old times. His suit was off the rack; everything had been destroyed in the fire. Took him a while to regrow his eyebrows. The Armani silks were sorely missed, but the loss was worth it. It wasn't his body found in the apartment ashes, though it had been close. The ancient apartment complex was so far out of code the bribes to keep it open must have been astronomical. A little on-line research, a little social manipulation, and one young lady sent home to Indiana. One less sex trafficer wondering if Hell was real.

He walked up to the fifth floor, always in need of exercise. Han could pass as oriental, which technically he was. The same for Nordic German, Texas illegal alien, and a mash of actual American backgrounds. Straight black hair, slightly long, almond skin, and blue eyes. Short, not really muscular, but handsome enough to draw a look or three. A bright smile just added to the charm. At the top of the stairwell he stopped and straightened his tie. The suit wasn't great, but he loved giving a great first impression. A quick handkerchief wipe to remove the sweat from his forehead, a few slow breathes lowered his heart rate.

Who was he today? English? No, this is America, and he was in The City. Time to go with Bohemian. The City was full of people his age with no clue about life or reality. He relaxed, and visualized the old gang when they were doing Shakespeare in the gay bars a few years ago. "That was just fabulous, dahling."

Han grinned. He was used to working alone; time to see what he could do with a team.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Doc

As she exits the elevator Doc scans the busy room before her. Noting the location of possible exits and all the armed and maybe armed personnel. She headed where directed, taking her time and keeping her eyes and ears open.

"Hello, a fine morning it is. Thank you." Doc heads into Maldin's office.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Leitz »

Han smiled as fell in slightly behind an attractive red head. She had likely seen him, and formed her own impression of him.

For his part, he provided a genuine smile and nod. As the red head turned to the office directed, Han was pleasant as the secretary greeted him and nodded to the same door. Han let his eyes unfocus for just a moment to catch the red head's body language. If they were sent to the same office then it was likely they were on the same team. Might as well be introduced.

He stayed out of physical contact range; she might be easily spooked. His words slightly aspirated, he said "I know women who spend thousands to achieve the natural red head look, dahling. You put them to shame."

A genuine smile. "I'm Han, fabulous to meet you."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ras arrived at the building early, ready to make a good impression on is new teammates. He was used to navigating the big cities, after spending several years "working" in London, so he had no trouble finding the place. But he was a far cry away from his original home on the tuff streets of Trenchtown in Kingston, Jamaica. If his old mates could only see him now, if any of them were still alive, that is. As he quickly climbed the stairs to the correct floor, he promised himself that he would go back and see his old peeps on the island again some day.

Once he reached the secretary's space, and was told to go ahead, he gave the attractive woman his casual smile, showing off his pearly whites, and nodded as he departed, speaking in his usual quiet, raspy voice.

"Yes um, Tank ya miss."

The tall, dark skinned young man wearing designer jeans and a plain pull-over hooded grey sweatshirt then continued down the hall as instructed.
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Mike Eames
Mike entered the 5th floor, noting the level of tech on display- very impressive. He nodded to the receptionist Thanks.
He entered Maldin's office, looking for a chair. He was in his typical "work uniform": a plain, longsleeve t-shirt, crumpled khakis, and Doc Martens. He nodded and smiled awkwardly to each of the other people, then sat.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Doc

Turning to Han "Nice to meet you Han, I am Alexa Mishin." She reaches her hand out and shakes Han's hand with a firm grip.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote:Doc

Turning to Han "Nice to meet you Han, I am Alexa Mishin." She reaches her hand out and shakes Han's hand with a firm grip.
Han, does his best at a firm, if not strong grip. His eyes stay at chin level and above, though mostly on Alexa's hair. "You could get easily a couple thousand, if you were up to shaving your head and sell for a wig." He looked at the other side of her head. "Probably three, if you let it grow another half meter."

As the others entered, Han introduced himself and then looked to Alexa.

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Demilich »

Mr. Maldin sighs as he notes the new Agents coming into his office, turning away from his laptop and lowering the screen on it he turns to face the people, giving them a slight smile "Hello, I am Mr. Maldin, first off, here at I.C.O.N. for our mission briefings, please wear proper attire, for gentlemen, that is a suit and tie, for the ladies, it is a business suit. With that said and out of the way, please get yourselves a drink if you wish, your going to be here a bit today."

Looking around you notice one wall has a business copier/printer/scanner, next to is a large flat screen hanging on the wall

Another wall has a small bar and refrigerator taking up most of the space. The bar has various alcoholic beverages, the refrigerator has ice, Gatorade, red bull and next to the bar is a table with a coffee machine.

Behind Mr. Maldin's desk is a large window partially blocked by thick curtains

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Doc

"I never thought of selling my hair, I certainly hope I am never that hard up for cash."

Doc turns and heads for the bar, getting herself a glass of water and introducing herself to the others who just arrived.

"Hi, I am Alexa Mishin."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Leitz »

"Money isn't everything, dahling." Han whispered.

As Mr Maldin spoke, Han looked at the others, and then smiled. "Pardon my intrusion, sir, but is it possible to have personal lockers here? For me, wearing a suit is normal, and if I leave my apartment wearing one then no one will notice. If, perhaps, someone was doing a half decent job of surveillance, and I dressed like Mr Teferi, or Ms Mishin, it might trigger more attention. Of course, the reverse might apply to them. Having lockers here, to meet corporate expectations, might help maintain whatever covers we need to dress the part for."

"Of course, I'm new to the team," Han demurred, "and likely have much to learn."

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#13 Post by Hotgoblin »

Dayna Foxwill takes the stairs, rather than use the elevator, which could bring on Vertigo. She heads down the hallway to the meeting. Dayna greets the secretary, goes into the office and shuts the door behind her. She walks in and looks over the assembled group..I apologize for my tardiness.

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Demilich »

Mr. Maldin nods "Thats fine, yes, everyone introduce yourselves, your going to be trying to find another agent that we lost contact with awhile ago."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ras nods his head at Mr. Maldin, slightly embarrassed about his casual attire once it is pointed out to him.

"What about us non gentleman? Still gotta wear da suit?" He asks in his accented raspy voice, more as an afterthought than an actual question. He is pretty sure he knows the answer, so he listens closely when the lockers are mentioned. Grabbing a black coffee from the bar area, he sits back down and prepares to learn more about this missing agent.

"Me name iss Ras, please to meet you all. I was born on da island of Jamaica, but have live in England da lass fifteen year."

"I specialize in all da tings dat most of ya dont want ta do."
He proclaims rather matter of factly.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Urson »

Michael
Mike looks slightly embarrassed to be called out for his clothes- but a little annoyed as well.
Note to self- get a suit.

I'm Mike Eames- I build stuff, take stuff apart, and blow things up.

He looks through the mini-bar and collects a Gatorade.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Doc

Realizing she never mentioned what she does. "I am a combat paramedic and can handle other combat related functions when needed."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Leitz »

OOC: Han already introduced himself. No skills given, just "Han, so mahvahlous to meet you."

Demilich
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Demilich »

Mr. Malkin "Your first mission will take you to London, to begin with, the area where the agent was last known to be. He was investigating possible ties between Hezbollah and an American corporation called Paul's Pizza Palace. He had also met with a militia group calling themselves the Sisters of ample Ammunition."

Hotgoblin

#20 Post by Hotgoblin »

Dayna Foxwillexcitedly responds, Oh, I haven’t been to London...Stone Henge...she looks around the room and realizes she said that out loud! Yes, well I’m Dayna Foxwill, archeologist, specializing in the unexplained !!! Nice to meet you all.

Return to “Top Secret New World Order (Top Secret)”