Mission 7: BBQ for Lupper!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Mission 7: BBQ for Lupper!

#141 Post by Bluehorse »

Everyone with a beam on the ghost give me a hard muscle check, if Roy gets a beam on Pyg this round, I will automatically make it a Mod. Please, just roll once and I will adjust accordingly :) Roy, only needs to give me an easy moves to get a beam on him, please give me both rolls.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Taaz »

Jason bears down and holds on to his beam.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#143 Post by Scott308 »

Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Rex »

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Urson »

FA FO

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#146 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Bluehorse »

Mission 7:  BBQ for Lupper!
Ralph's Pink Flamingo
Pyg in the Kitchen!
August 23, 2018, 3:17pm
Hot and smells like BBQ and Doom.

Lionel manages to use his foot to nudge the trap upright! His, Joker, and Mac hear their Packs begin to sound the alarm! Jason then Roy both get shots off and the trap activates! With all 5 beams on Pyg they are able to easily drag him over into the traps cone of light which drags him in, flailing! The knife and cleaver clatter to either side and the trap slams shut! The sudden silence accented by the quiet beeping as the trap smokes gently.

The two hostages, still tied up on platters meant for the smoker begin screaming for help again through the apples shoved in their mouths.

Then....................................

Everyone's phone begins pinging! There is another ghost?!

Map: 
No changes. Just no Pyg.
Actions?

Inventory
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  Phone + Proton Pack
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: Phone + Proton Pack
Roy O'Dowd: Phone + Proton Pack
David "Mac" McAuslan:  Phone + Proton Pack
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap

1 Trap in the Ecto Holding Hot Hog Ghost
1 Trap Holding Cypork
1 Trap Holding Pyg
Brownie Point Count:
Lionel -2 to Rolls.
Mac -2 to Rolls.

I had a record-keeping error on the total brownie points between a couple of the last posts.  This count is now accurate.  Sorry for the confusion.  

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  83/105 (**)@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 92/96 @
Roy O'Dowd: 20/49 (*)@
David "Mac" McAuslan 43/139 (*)@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 48/102 (***)@

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!

* - Recovering from Proton Flashback.

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

**** - +1d6 on any one roll. (Last Xmas)

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by Taaz »

Jason is still huffing and puffing, that hainvg taken a lot out of him as his phone pings. Oh no... He wearily check his phone

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote:Jason is still huffing and puffing, that hainvg taken a lot out of him as his phone pings. Oh no... He wearily check his phone

Brains(Diminished): [2d6] = 7 Ghost:[1d6] = 3
When Jason looks at the phone, the readout is a weak class 1. It is in the office near Lionel. Apparently the energy from the Class 4 was covering up the lesser ghost.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Rex »

Mac

As his pack cools he unties the hostages. "What now?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker assists with rescuing the hostages. He gives them reassurances in Turkish, with a few words in English mixed in.You.. iyi olacak. Şeytan aşçı esir alındı. You..hurts?
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Bluehorse »

Ralph's Pink Flamingo
S.W.A.T.S for Lupper?
August 23, 2018, 3:20pm
Hot and smells like BBQ and Doom.

Jason gets what is now a clear reading that there is a class 1, and a weak one at that, just behind the door of the office.

Lionel & Roy get a good look around now and can see that the health inspector would have a career of paperwork to fill out with what he can see shoved into every oven and smoker in the kitchen.  The Pyg certainly got to work with his gruesome task... 

Mac & Joker busy themselves untying the hostages, both of whom pull the apples from their mouths and spit in disgust and relief.  Both of them stretch and catch their breath they didn't realize they were holding.  Both right after begin trying to hide their lack of clothing while also trying to rub off the BBQ sauce they are smothered in as well as the butter and spices.  There is no doubt they were meant to be slow-cooked alive.  The young man (1) looks around, green in the face at the horror he has witnessed, but finds a paper town dispenser, using them to wipe himself clean on the hands and face before handing some more to the woman (2).  He like... killed them all man!  I can't believe we're alive!  He was going to put us in the oven with the rest of them! 

There is some commotion outside of the kitchen and a familiar voice shouting with authority.  FSPD!  Anyone still here? There are sounds of hurried and heavy footsteps outside tables and chairs being knocked out of the way.  Another pair of voices begin calling from other parts of the dining area. Clear Sargeant!  All clear! Sgt. Hightail You and you with me, we're going to check that kitchen, Collins, you take someone to check that hole, the rest of you fan out.  B Team, around back. Apparently, the Police couldn't wait any longer.  

Sergeant!  Found something here.  Looks like one of the ghost traps.  Reaks to high heaven and is smoking.  What should we do with it? 

Sgt. Hightail Leave it for now!  No one touches it!  he was right outside the door now.  Nope!  Wait!  Now he is inside, weapon drawn and looking around as two others move in right behind him.  He lifts his weapon up and holds up a hand for the other two officers to do the same... then he takes a look around.  Good god.... he looks up at the rest of you and grabs his shoulder radio.  Front is clear, we have at least 2 her that need medical, Barker and Smith are going to bring them out now.  Have EMS meet them at the door. The two officers covering him don't hesitate and take the hostages quickly out of the kitchen.  All weapons, of course, are holstered.  Are we all clear here? Because I am about to have another team come through that back door, and... he looks at something on the floor that is all too human.  I am going to ask some questions.  You. he points to Roy Tell me what I need to know right now in this moment.  Are we clear, yes or no? 

Map: 
FloorMap12.jpg
FloorMap12.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
Actions?

Inventory
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 
Roy O'Dowd: Phone + Proton Pack
David "Mac" McAuslan:  Phone + Proton Pack

1 Trap in the Ecto Holding Hot Hog Ghost

1 Trap Holding Cypork

1 Trap Holding Pyg

Brownie Point Count:
No change.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  83/105 (**)@
Roy O'Dowd: 20/49 (*)@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 48/102 (***)@

Effects in place:

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#153 Post by Taaz »

Jason replies moments before the police arrive Its a weak one, I dont know if its hostile.

He shoulders his wand and steps twords the spirit, Hello? Are you there?

Scott308

#154 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Moving toward the office, Lionel warns the police officers. Sergeant, there is one more- in the office behind you. It seems to be a weak one, but it could still be dangerous. Do we have...ah, good! Joker, you still have a trap. Sergeant, can you and your men give us some space until the final ghost is secured, please?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Rex »

Mac

Once the hostages are free, Mac moves towards the office.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker glances at the readouts on his proton wand, ensuring everything is OK. He hangs the wand on his belt, hoping the police won't decide to shoot him for having an obvious weapon.
He grabs the last trap and heads toward the office door. Yuss.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Bluehorse »

Ralph's Pink Flamingo
S.W.A.T.S for Lupper?
August 23, 2018, 3:22pm
Hot and smells like BBQ and Doom.

Sgt. Hightail Nods and quickly reaches for his radio again.  B Team, hold position.  Area not secure.  Code GB. 

There is a short crackle over the radio and a 10-4:  Team B is holding position.  Copy Code GB.

Sgt. Hightail steps back into the threshold of the kitchen door where he can see but is a safe distance.  Go ahead, Ill step back and observe.   

[quote=" JasonHe shoulders his wand and steps twords the spirit, Hello? Are you there?"][/quote]

Jason gets no reply, but as he opens the door there is a misty and rather mishappened looking ghost loosely piggish in form.  With a rather pathetic looking spirit squeaks out:  ...Oik...? 

With the door open it can be seen by all and it seems like it is barely able to hold itself together and it just kind of floats there and looks around as if not understanding where it is or what it is doing.

Map: No Change

Actions?

Inventory
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 
Roy O'Dowd: Phone + Proton Pack + Trap
David "Mac" McAuslan:  Phone + Proton Pack

1 Trap in the Ecto Holding Hot Hog Ghost

1 Trap Holding Cypork

1 Trap Holding Pyg
Brownie Point Count:

Brownie Point Pool:

Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  83/105 (**)@
Roy O'Dowd: 20/49 (*)@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 48/102 (***)@

Effects in place:

Scott308

#158 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Weapon pointed low in the general direction of the ghost, Lionel calls out to it. Uh, hello! We've captured the other ghost pigs. Why are you here? Can you speak other than oinking?

As an aside to the other Ghostbusters, he continues in a lowered voice. It doesn't look dangerous. What do we do? We can trap it and bill for removal, but this one feels different.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#159 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy heads to the office that everyone else is checking out.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by Taaz »

Yeah I think so too, Lionel He tries again with the specterCan you communicate?,

Return to “Mission Archive”