OOC

The_Wanderer
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC

#161 Post by The_Wanderer »

I forgot I rolled that for you! That would be useful in another world, far far away!

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#162 Post by The_Wanderer »

Let me know what kind of actions (if any) you want to do approaching and (?) entering the building. I'll update later today.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by tibbius »

Does Egbald still have Luthwick as a torchbearer / pack bearer?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#164 Post by The_Wanderer »

Yep. Seems he doesn't talk too much. :D

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#165 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote:Brignum Mai

"Trickery!" she exclaims, disdainfully, "'tis nothing but smoke and mirrors! Do not be afraid!" Brignum opines that they should uncover the well that *does not* have their name engraved on it.
So do you try to uncover it?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:

"Trickery!" she exclaims, disdainfully, "'tis nothing but smoke and mirrors! Do not be afraid!" Brignum opines that they should uncover the well that *does not* have their name engraved on it.

Let's just say I will make a move to do so, unless restrained by my companions.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#167 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote:
The_Wanderer wrote:

Let's just say I will make a move to do so, unless restrained by my companions.
I'll give them some time then to respond.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by tibbius »

sorry ... Egbald is a simple man and tries the most obvious solution first.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#169 Post by The_Wanderer »

tibbius wrote:sorry ... Egbald is a simple man and tries the most obvious solution first.
I have no problem with simply closing the door! Characters live longest if combat is avoided. The only question is if this will work!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by tibbius »

The_Wanderer wrote:Characters live longest if combat is avoided.
And this is one of the ways that we know we're not playing with pre-adolescents. :-D

btw, I envision the lid pivoting away from the ladder, is that accurate?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#171 Post by The_Wanderer »

First, wishing everybody the best of health in these strange times. Take what fun and enjoyment you can from these games we play!

Second, I'll move combat forward once I get clarification from Mirrwyd and a post from Magrin and Nymandus.

Third, we have a new character to welcome! I'll get him involved ASAP (maybe even mid-combat!)

StevetheNPC
Scout
Scout

#172 Post by StevetheNPC »

Hello, all, and thanks for having me!

The_Wanderer, I was wondering if you were maybe going to have me be buried under the pile of bones at the bottom of the well? :P

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#173 Post by The_Wanderer »

StevetheNPC wrote:Hello, all, and thanks for having me!

The_Wanderer, I was wondering if you were maybe going to have me be buried under the pile of bones at the bottom of the well? :P
:D As fascinating as that would be, I didn't want to assume these guys will dig you up.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by tibbius »

Yeah, Egbald's still firmly in the "shut the lid again!" mindset. It will be interesting when he realizes it can swing in the other direction.

Is he smart enough to know that these are ghouls and that he probably can't turn them? So far he hasn't even thought about doing that, he's going purely on reflex.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#175 Post by The_Wanderer »

tibbius wrote:Yeah, Egbald's still firmly in the "shut the lid again!" mindset. It will be interesting when he realizes it can swing in the other direction.

Is he smart enough to know that these are ghouls and that he probably can't turn them? So far he hasn't even thought about doing that, he's going purely on reflex.
You can certainly take a 4d6 INT check to ID them.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by ybn1197 »

My posting for at least the next 2 weeks is going to be slower than normal. I provide IT for one of the major hospitals here in Baltimore and thanks to the Corona virus we are working double time trying to support those users who are working from home and the physicians who are trying to provide care through telemedicine in addition to the normal IT requirements we all have and support. I will post as I can but please don't wait on me. RP my character if necessary. I will hope in when and where I can.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#177 Post by tibbius »

ybn1197 wrote:My posting for at least the next 2 weeks is going to be slower than normal. I provide IT for one of the major hospitals here in Baltimore and thanks to the Corona virus we are working double time trying to support those users who are working from home and the physicians who are trying to provide care through telemedicine in addition to the normal IT requirements we all have and support. I will post as I can but please don't wait on me. RP my character if necessary. I will hope in when and where I can.
Wow. That's a big demand. My wife's employer also is considering a shift to telehealth for non-emergency medicine.
The_Wanderer wrote:
tibbius wrote:Yeah, Egbald's still firmly in the "shut the lid again!" mindset. It will be interesting when he realizes it can swing in the other direction.

[4d6] = 12 less than 7 to identify ghouls

Uh... he doesn't have any idea what they are.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#178 Post by The_Wanderer »

tibbius wrote:
ybn1197 wrote:My posting for at least the next 2 weeks is going to be slower than normal. I provide IT for one of the major hospitals here in Baltimore and thanks to the Corona virus we are working double time trying to support those users who are working from home and the physicians who are trying to provide care through telemedicine in addition to the normal IT requirements we all have and support. I will post as I can but please don't wait on me. RP my character if necessary. I will hope in when and where I can.
Wow. That's a big demand. My wife's employer also is considering a shift to telehealth for non-emergency medicine.
The_Wanderer wrote:

[4d6] = 12 less than 7 to identify ghouls

Uh... he doesn't have any idea what they are.
Yeah...you probably know with certainty that they are undead. How they came to be though and what their powers are? You've no idea.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#179 Post by MonsterMash »

Magrin fails his Int check too

[4d6] = 16

target 9

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#180 Post by The_Wanderer »

Let's go ahead and re-set the scene to see if I can encourage a post from you guys.

-A figure has appeared at the top of the stairs. He seems nice.
-Egbald and Dying Rabbit stand on opposite sides of the charnel well holding it shut. It seems likely that it can be pinned shut, at least temporarily.
-You're not sure what those things are inside but they are undead.
...and dangerous
-There's also an opened "well" covered in quotes ("Araskocos sees.") and apparently filled with aged wealth of various sorts.
-It's dark because somebody ::ahem:: threw the party's light source at an undead covered in oil. On the bright side, he knocked the thing off the ladder and lit it on fire.

Return to “Broken Valley (S&W Complete Hexcrawl)”