#181 Post by sirravd »

Sorry about my absence

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC

#182 Post by The_Wanderer »

sirravd wrote:Sorry about my absence
While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm just glad you're still with us! These are extreme times that we are all still adjusting to.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#183 Post by The_Wanderer »

Apologies for the slow weekend. I guess I can't really say I've been busy since I can't really leave the house. Still though, I've had the chance to spend more time with my family which is always welcome. Changes are coming however! This week and next should be fairly consistent with the past. After that however, beginning April 13 I start a new job. Obviously I'll be starting working from home so for a while, things may not change much. At some point though, as the rest of the world returns to normal, I may have reduced posting availability. Nothing concrete yet, just a hunch on my part.

As always, I get a kick out of running this game. Thank you for your participation! One piece of advice I got a long time ago in play by post games that I'll share: Try to make every post you make pull something from another character's post forward and also push something new into the game. In other words, play off somebody else's post and then describe what your character does...In addition, this version of the game is known to be deadly! That's absolutely true! But don't let caution drive you to post too cautiously. I promise that I will reward action over in-action and will lay a trail of breadcrumbs for every danger.

For now, stay healthy and keep playing!
Jon

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#184 Post by The_Wanderer »

A quick note on turning undead
Unsurprisingly, it's not really detailed in the rules covering all the potential situations. I also know there are a lot of interpretations and houserules covering it. Here's a little clarification for how I see it. My key goal here is not to create new rules.
1. A cleric can try to turn undead on every turn if he/she wanted. It is basically a combat action.
2. An undead that withstands a cleric's turning on one turn is not immune to turning on the next turn...or even another cleric's turn. I view it as a battle of wills between the divine forces involved.
3. Like magic, Turning is line of sight based. If an undead creature is, say in a well and a cleric can't see it, it won't be affected by the turning.
4. When turned, an undead is obligated to move no closer to the cleric, potentially inviting a free attack at +2 to hit if it is forced to retreat. If the undead can move away from the cleric and attack another character, it will.

Hope this helps!

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#186 Post by The_Wanderer »

tibbius wrote:"By the way, is anyone keeping a map?"
I didn't know if this was just flavor or not but you guys can just assume that its getting done however you want. Your players have access to the map in the map thread.

StevetheNPC
Scout
Scout

#187 Post by StevetheNPC »

My apologies, but I won't be able to continue to play at this time. I wish you great adventures.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by The_Wanderer »

StevetheNPC wrote:My apologies, but I won't be able to continue to play at this time. I wish you great adventures.
I'm sorry to hear that. Best wishes.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#189 Post by The_Wanderer »

Another lost character...Are you guys still wanting to proceed?

Assuming yes, you're carrying about 400 pounds of treasure from that last haul. Between the PC's and your porters, it shouldn't be an issue carrying it with you for exploration. Another large haul would be a problem though. To "cash" it, you'll have to head back to Bitterpan.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote:Another lost character...Are you guys still wanting to proceed?

Assuming yes, you're carrying about 400 pounds of treasure from that last haul. Between the PC's and your porters, it shouldn't be an issue carrying it with you for exploration. Another large haul would be a problem though. To "cash" it, you'll have to head back to Bitterpan.
Yeah, let's head back to Bitterpan, I think, to regroup.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by tibbius »

I agree. Back to Bitterpan.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#192 Post by The_Wanderer »

Alrighty then. I'll try to get a post up today of your "triumphant" return!

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by MonsterMash »

Back to Bitterpan sounds best with that much treasure.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#194 Post by The_Wanderer »

A few thought starters in town:
-You could obviously get some rest, cash in your earnings and head back out again. I'll get an XP and gold total up for you on Monday. Some of you should be about ready to level up.
-You could check in with the Duke, the church of Law clergy or Sir Mats
-You have only 1 more hex to explore before you need to check in with the Duke on that quest.
-Recruiting
-In town there are two inns- the classy joint is The Brass Wand where the Duke is holding court, the other place you stayed before is The Squirrel and Dragon
-There are also a variety of other services you haven't really looked into yet.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#195 Post by The_Wanderer »

We seem to be grinding to a halt here. I'll take part of the responsibility as my focus has been shifted a bit to starting a new job. Where do you guys stand though? I likely won't run a game where we only get in a post or two per week just because it becomes hard for me to keep things on track.

Otherwise I need somebody to give me an idea of a diversion in game in order to keep going...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by ybn1197 »

thirdkingdom wrote:I'm here, was just waiting to see what hijinks ensued from smuggling the bugbear into the inn.
Same for me.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#198 Post by The_Wanderer »

Cross-post from the IC thread since this like feels pretty OOC commentary to me:

Going to move things forward to the next day. Please establish what you want to accomplish in town before heading out. You can assume all your treasure has been turned into something more travel friendly. Also you get your XP reward and some should be leveling up by now. You can roll for HP in the OOC thread. If you are a mage (cough Mirwydd) and need new spells, those must be found or sourced from other mages. I'll give you that there are a few mages that I remember in Bitterpan, 1 of which you've met and 1 you've heard about.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#199 Post by The_Wanderer »

Quick question for the group: What do you want to see more of in this game?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#200 Post by tibbius »

The_Wanderer wrote:Quick question for the group: What do you want to see more of in this game?
I've been enjoying the combat, it's running faster in this group than in some other play by posts. The mix of roleplay has been a little sparse, but as far as I understand that's not supposed to be the focus of a hexcrawl, which is what I think this is meant to be? At least that's what I thought I signed up for in this game.

Overall happy with the content.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Broken Valley (S&W Complete Hexcrawl)”