OOC

The_Wanderer
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC

#141 Post by The_Wanderer »

The_Wanderer wrote:
The_Wanderer wrote:Alright, I've broken down...when you get a chance, please change your character sheets to this:
Here's the character sheet we're going to use:

To use the formatting, quote this post and copy the formatted text, then paste it to your own character sheet.

== Name ==
Gender Race/Class/Level
XP 0/0

== Attributes ==
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

== Background/Languages/Skills/Abilities ==

===Background===

No more than 100 words, please.

===Languages===

Feel free to leave language slots open and add them during play. For example, we meet some kobolds, you want to talk with them and have a language slot open, you just say that you can speak kobold.

===Skills===

== Combat ==

AC AC is ascending, added to 10.
HP x/x
Movement Rate
Attacks

*Primary Melee Attack:
*Secondary Melee Attack:
*Primary Ranged Attack:

Saves:

== Equipment ==
*Carried Wealth:
*Equipment
**Quick Items:
**Backpack Items:
Just a reminder on this when you get a chance.
Friendly reminder of a reminder. :D

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#142 Post by The_Wanderer »

I just thought I would check in with you guys and see if there is anything about the game you particularly like or dislike. Too much combat? How I run combat? More lore? Less lore? Speed of progression? My writing style and descriptions? Maps? Feel free to be honest...I have thick skin. :)

sirravd

#143 Post by sirravd »

Enjoying it so far - honest! :) If some flaw comes to mind I'll let you know!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by tibbius »

You're doing well. I like your writing style. Your content is a good blend of combat with roleplay. More lore would be interesting for me, although it would go right over my character's head.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by thirdkingdom »

It's great! I haven't been engaged as I would like to be; February has been brutally busy for me, and I haven't been online as much as I normally am. Plus, for whatever reason, I'm only getting email updates for the OOC thread, and not the IC thread, even though I'm subscribed to both. I've been checking my spam folder and they're not going in there.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by ybn1197 »

I'm having a blast! Like thirdkingdom, this has been a busy month for me with the icemaker line in the fridge developing a leak and ruining the kitchen floor. We've been dealing with the home owners insurance and contractors to get everything fixed which has limited my free time but I have been keeping up with everything.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by tibbius »

Oh cool a basilisk or something!

But if Egbald had enough of a clue to know what it was, he would want to get out of there ... what difficulty lore roll would it take for him to get that? (INT 7).
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#148 Post by The_Wanderer »

4d6 to identify from the clues you have. Anybody can roll if they want...

-If a Skill/Ability check comes up, you will need to roll at or below your usable stat using a number of d6's determined by me according to the difficulty of the check. 2d6=Easy, 3d6=Average, 4d6=Difficult, 5d6=Extreme, 6d6=Ask for divine intervention.
If you are able to somehow prepare for the check, have equipment that could help or have a secondary skill that you can argue helps you, then you can roll with advantage. In this case, roll two separate rolls and take the lower trying to roll at or below your usable stat.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by tibbius »

Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#150 Post by The_Wanderer »

No posts yesterday :shock:

No big deal but I'll still reset the scene just so we all are on the same page.

1. You found a small rise in the middle of a swamp with what seems to be an altar to Tev on top.
2. There is also a way to enter the side of the hill
3. A large, 4 legged, red scaled beast interrupted your investigations of the site and has entered the side of the hill.
4. There are examples of highly lifelike (and life sized) statues of wildlife around the hill.
5. The party is spread out in the trees around the hill in cover.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by sulldawga »

I'm very sorry to do it but I'm dropping out of this game.

It literally has nothing to do with the game. I'm really enjoying the setting and the group.

I started a new job at the beginning of the month and it's a lot more demanding of my time than my previous job.

Also, my commute is longer, which leaves me with less time at home. And because my wife is carrying more of the load, I have to do more household stuff when I do get home to help out where I can. I can't give this game the attention it deserves.

Sorry to be leaving. Good luck, guys.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by tibbius »

You (and Ender) will be missed.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#153 Post by The_Wanderer »

sulldawga wrote:I'm very sorry to do it but I'm dropping out of this game.

It literally has nothing to do with the game. I'm really enjoying the setting and the group.

I started a new job at the beginning of the month and it's a lot more demanding of my time than my previous job.

Also, my commute is longer, which leaves me with less time at home. And because my wife is carrying more of the load, I have to do more household stuff when I do get home to help out where I can. I can't give this game the attention it deserves.

Sorry to be leaving. Good luck, guys.
Oh man! That's a shame but I do hope the new job is just what you want! All the best to you and if your time frees up, I'll probably let you back in. :D

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#154 Post by The_Wanderer »

Just sorting out what comes next. From what I can tell:

Egbald: "Let's leave it alone!"
Nymandus: "We'll let the townsfolk know so they don't come wandering out this way"
Brignum Mai: "I don't think we're equipped to mess with that thing . . . although, I suppose, we could spread a bunch of oil in front of its lair, then wait above for it to emerge. We light the oil and fire as many arrows at it as we can..."
Magrin: "... I think that beast would be hard to deal with unless prepared..."
Mirwydd: "...Hiding might be better than trying to flee as fast as we can..."

To me this says you guys want to carefully disengage. I'll post that way later today unless I hear differently.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#155 Post by MonsterMash »

Yes, lets get out and back to hunting bugbears that we can deal with.

sirravd

#156 Post by sirravd »

yep

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by tibbius »

aye.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#158 Post by The_Wanderer »

tibbius wrote:"Hey, Magrin," says Egbald. "Do you think it's a figure of Araskawhatsis? They say he has ruby eyes." Since my dim-witted cleric used to be a chaos follower, he should be hip to the pantheon's portrayals.
This is true for anybody really. Anything I share regarding the lore is basically common knowledge. Your background could help you get more info potentially (i.e. rolling with initiative on a knowledge check).

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by thirdkingdom »

MonsterMash wrote:Yes, lets get out and back to hunting bugbears that we can deal with.
I'm down with that. We're not ready to deal with a basilisk.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by thirdkingdom »

FWIW, the Wanderer, I'm in the process of transferring over my character sheet and noticed that Mai has a potion of green dragon control ;)

Return to “Broken Valley (S&W Complete Hexcrawl)”