RP Thread: The Square

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: RP Thread: The Square

#21 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar starts pushing Keilana harder through the crowd and puts his hand on the hilt of his longsword. Edgar tries to move towards the people Marcus has touched in a protective manner, while keeping his focus on Marcus's movements. If he is able he tries to get within speaking range of those people.

OOC: Assuming he's able to get close enough:

Edgar whispers down from Keilana, Sir(or madam), did Marcus hurt you? You appeared to revolt from his touch.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Cwreando »

Drex. Monk, and yes.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by NJWilliam »

Ulrich keeps his eyes on Marcus, making note of those he contacts to see what similarities there may be among them, and to remember should he see them again later.

Stepping up to the table, he leans on his footman's pick, and says in his best serious dwarf voice, "Ulrich. . . Runecaster. . . Yes."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Shonuff »

Cuon
The grizzled warrior looks you up and down, spending a bit of time, looking at your bow. He nods with a small smile and then scribbles on the parchment in front of him.
"Good. We'll need some distance support if anything goes down. First archer today, and you get the spot." The warrior continues after finishing writing. "The name is Kedd. I'm your boss." He tosses you a small pouch that jingles as you catch it. "There's 20 gold. Go stand over there and wait till I come fer you."

Edgar
You ride up to one man who is rubbing his hand, but also has a gold piece in his lips. He looks up to you and spits the coin into his hand and pockets it before answering. "Nah, not so much hurt, just gave me a bit of a shock when I took the coin. hand is a bit numb.." The man shrugs and walks off.

The woman standign beside him nods in agreement, rubbing her hand and smiles. "Worth the pain fer tha coin!"

Drex
The grizzled warrior inspects your garb and looks you in the eye. "Show me your fists." The warrior leans in and inspects the callouses and hardened knuckles on your hands, nodding in approval. He smiles and scribbles a bit on he parchment. "Monk eh? you from the Jade isles? bah, don't much matter. My name is Kedd. I'm your boss." He tosses you a small pouch that jingles as you catch it. "There's 20 gold. Go stand over there and wait till I come fer you."

Ulrich
The seated warrior rubs his beard as he looks you and your clothing. He seems less than knowledgeable but eventually nods and scribbles on a piece of parchment. "Dwarven caster, eh? hope you got some heal or protective spells there Ulrich. My name is Kedd. I'll be your boss." He tosses you a small pouch that jingles as you catch it. "There's 20 gold. Go stand over there and wait till I come fer you."

Each of you move to the left where two others stand. They introduce themselves as Felix Kranc, A human soldier, his blonde hair over his green eyes marks him as a Gothmyran native. He stands and adusts his metal breastplate and his long sword on is hip. The woman was dusky hued skinned and kinky black curls down to her shoulders introduces herself as Alonsi Armedio of Dhainaith. The twin massive kukri short swords on her back, along with a pair of punch daggers on her hips mark her as another warrior. Her black leather and chain hide her curves.

You watch as Kedd goes through the line, tossing people out and not really looking impressed at the "picks" left in line so far.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar eyes the man suspiciously. What exactly did Marcus pay you for? Has he done this before? You know gold's not supposed to be painful to the touch, perhaps he's put some sort of spell on you?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Cwreando »

Drex moves over where indicated and leaves his hood down on his robe so he can casually look over each of the other individuals hired making eye contact but not initiating any conversation.

Drex thinks to himself this is what it's all about. Finding my own way in this world and making it a better place. He takes a drink of water from his waterskin and waits for further instructions.

He notes Marcus' behavior and more importantly the crowds reactions. He makes a mental note and files it.
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon stands silently and waits.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#28 Post by JobaTett »

Demon gets up and walks to the Feasthall. He looks for the guy who is hiring and says in a grim spanish accent "Are you hiring?"

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Shonuff »

JobaTett wrote:Demon gets up and walks to the Feasthall. He looks for the guy who is hiring and says in a grim spanish accent "Are you hiring?"
Think you may have missed this post on the 1st page:

As you approach the large table in front of the Salty Sprite, you see a grizzled warrior with a salt n pepper beard wearing studded leather armor. He is sitting at the table, discussing things with the person standing in front of the table. As you all watch, the man looks each person up and down, speaks a few words to them, lets them explain some things, then either waves them to the right, or even less often, nods and points them to the left, where two others stand under an elm tree. Marcus approaches and walks inside the Salty Sprite.

As you line up, you see the man having a large chest atop the table as well. Each person he points to the left, he is tossing them a small pouch. He looks up from writing, and his bagged, heavy eyes look at you, almost evaluating you as you approach.
"Well? Name and trade." His voice is gruff and deep, his hand hold the ink quill, waiting.

"This job is for protecting a visiting ambassador. Our lord will be attending a gathering at a villa in the Coin ward. We're looking for people who can keep their mouth shut when needed, and protect our Lord when warranted. Can you be that person?" The man looks to you and is awaiting your answer.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by AQuebman »

Not sure who the last post was to in particular. Edgar has been focused on Marcus and the events surrounding that rather than signing up for the mission

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by mithrandir138 »

Branek notes his observations and sees that another man is questioning people in the crowd, he makes note of this odd occurrence. He closes his eyes briefly and sees images that urge him to abandon his journey to the church for the moment and instead jump on this opportunity. He shakes it off, looks around to see if anyone notices his wincing, and he rides his horse around the people and makes his way to the feasthall.

As he gets closer and dismounts and secures his horse to a nearby hitching post (or an improvised analog). He makes his way to the table in front of the feasthall and gathers his composure. He is not a vain man, but he briefly straightens the hairs of his beard and head with his hands to make a good impression as he walks. He gets there in time to hear the man behind the table ask for names and professions.

He makes eye contact with the man, puts his hand on the hilt of his sword as he stands straight and with a stern face he flatly states: I am Branek Kelmor, Deadshield of N'Asu. I seek employment to further my Lord's will and bring additional wealth to my church. Death comes to us all, and we require funds to properly usher souls to the ground on their way to judgement, and to ensure that they stay in the ground. I offer my sword and this temporary mortal integument that I inhabit to you, will you accept?

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#32 Post by JobaTett »

"Demon, I'm a...mage. If you need something and can pay, well, I've got nothing better to do in this dismal place we call life. So the answer is 'yes'."

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Shonuff »

Edgar
The man and women look to you, a bit confused. " I dunno if he cast a spell. I am no sorcerer, and i'm not jelly-brained. I know money isn't supposed to hurt." Both of them walk off together, showing each other their coin.
Branek

The grizzled warrior looks you up and down, spending a bit of time, looking at your hand on your sword hilt. He nods with a small smile and then scribbles on the parchment in front of him.
"Good. Cleric of N'Asu is what we need. Maybe scaring enough of the thugs to tell them ta keep their distance." The warrior continues after finishing writing. "The name is Kedd. I'm your boss." He tosses you a small pouch that jingles as you catch it. "There's 20 gold. Go stand over there and wait till I come fer you."

Demon

The grizzled warrior looks you up and down, spending a bit of time, looking at your bow. He nods with a small smile and then scribbles on the parchment in front of him.
"Another Mage, eh? Two casters might not be a bad way to go. Always wanting to overpower with silent display of power. You look like you can handle yourself....okay I'll give you a shot." The warrior continues after finishing writing. "The name is Kedd. I'm your boss." He tosses you a small pouch that jingles as you catch it. "There's 20 gold. Go stand over there and wait till I come fer you."

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar gives the two commoners a disappointed glare Your coarseness and greed is uncalled for I merely wanted to provide you aid. Very well be on with your ignoble lives!

Edgar fights back his personal frustration and desire to confront Marcus. He knows the oath he's taken and disrespecting his betters is a clear violation. He lowers his head feeling defeated, dismounts from Keilana and finds a post where he can securely tie her up. Edgar then approaches the table.

Lord Edgar Nash, Cavalier at your service.

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Shonuff »

Edgar:
You approach a seated man at the table out front of the Salty Sprite. You see a large gathering of men and a woman standing off to his left. The man looks up from writing, and his bagged, heavy eyes look at you, almost evaluating you as you approach.

"This job is for protecting a visiting ambassador. Our lord will be attending a gathering at a villa in the Coin ward. We're looking for people who can keep their mouth shut when needed, and protect our Lord when warranted. Can you be that person?" The man looks to you and is awaiting your answer.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#36 Post by JobaTett »

Demon walks away and stands in a corner.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon notices how much the group around hmi has grown. He does a head count and tries to see what everyone brings skill wise to the assembled team.

How many of us are here? How many NPCs aside from the first two mentioned.

DM: There are (now) the 7 of you and two NPCs mentioned.
Last edited by Computer +1 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by NJWilliam »

Ulrich After looking around at the humans and elves, Ulrich leans back on the rune carved haft of his pickaxe and decides the stones and nearby stonework are exceedingly more interesting at the moment, and looks around particularly for any loose rocks in the area.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by AQuebman »

This is assuming Edgar is accepted over to the group

Edgar reaches a chain gloved hand out to each of the adventurers on his side. He gives the men a firm handshake and the ladies a gentle kiss on the top of their hand. Ladies and Gents, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I am Lord Edgar Nash, and it will be an honor to serve with all of you.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows II”