RP Thread: The Square

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

RP Thread: The Square

#1 Post by Shonuff »

((I used your forum names first letter except for Computer +1, so you can see where each of you are.))

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: RP Thread: The Square

#2 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar relishes in the festival of light, the good food, the great booze, and of course and most importantly the amazing women. Edgar slows Keilana down just a hair as she pushes through the crowd, so he can get a better look on the brunette licking her lips. Edgar may flirt and be kind to all of the girls, but only brings with him the most attractive he can find.

"What's a better way to send me on my way then a little pleasure" Edgar thinks quietly to himself."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Cwreando »

Drex glad to be off the ship takes a minute to get his land legs back underneath him. He takes in a cleansing breathe and focuses his mind. He heads off to the square intent on looking for a job right away.

The fresh smell of food from the festival seems to catch his nostrils and he delights in the aromas. He is hesitant to purchase anything making sure his stomach is back on land too.

Making his way to the square he takes in all the sights. His robe is closed tight to ensure his valuables are well secured. Drex takes his time and takes note of the inhabitants by race and mannerism. Best to know the minds of those around him. He will make some inquiries to shop owners to see if a monestary might be present in the city as well. Drex also looks to see if he can find out what he laws are like in this city so he can ensure he abides by them or just make sure there isn't any new laws he should be aware of.

He marvels at the thought of his new adventure and the wonders of the new city.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

thirdpotionontheleft
Strider
Strider

#4 Post by thirdpotionontheleft »

Brock turns his head slowly from side to side as he observes the square, rumors from the other pilgrims he had met along his way still fresh in his mind as he steps into the mass of beings moving about their day. Intent on, at the least finding, the new church being built in the southern ward.
Pausing at a few stalls to simply ask directions or listen to the idle chatter.
Cleric (Noun) The thing standing between you and no HP

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by JobaTett »

Demon comes in from the north. He stops and stares at the ground...the place where it happen over a year ago. He attempts to ignore it and continues to a bench. He tries his best to ignore them as he thinks...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon walks into the square feeling numb. He thought that vengeance would leave him feeling satisfied but it only seemed to make the hole in his heart grow larger. What was he to do, he thought over and over. He left his home, his clan to pursue retribution and he had succeeded but what now?
He tightened his grip on his bow and kept walking. There was nothing else to do but go on.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by NJWilliam »

Walking into the capital city's south gate, Ulrich takes in the masses of revelers and the freestanding buildings that always seemed just a bit odd to him, built from so many pieces of different materials, and never enough stone.

He slowed down enough to feel the stone beneath his feet, to let it guide him to what he sought. He knew it would take him there, perhaps in its own stone-time, but Ulrich was patient and Ulrich trusted the stone. After some time, and having observed much of the gaudy revelry of the particular human deity being "feasted," he found the stone had guided his feet to the edge of a large square that seemed to be a central point, at least for the section of the city in which he now found himself.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by mithrandir138 »

Branek was exhausted from the long funeral and procession. He hoped that the three men that he helped put in the ground stayed there, but almost wished they would leap forward from their coffins so he could deal with them. He had the urge again, it burned inside him like an unquenchable thirst. Images of the undead being re-slaughtered poured through his mind and he could not make them stop, but he knew what could. These images seemed to be there every time he closed his eyes. He knew that this was his calling, and that his god was pleased with his hunger. He knew these images were messages directly from his god. This gave him some solace.

He had to sate himself, and please N'Asu -- but he had to keep it together -- he must not let others see what he was feeling, as it was frowned upon within his religious order. He also considered that his thoughts and urges would be seen as madness to anyone who had not been touched by N'Asu.

On this evening, he headed through the festivities in the streets on the way to the Square, though he did not wish celebrate. He hoped to bed down in a church friendly with his order in this part of town, though he did not expect to sleep tonight -- he knew better. The images had made him restless over the past few weeks, and he didn't see that stopping until he had felled at least a few walking corpses. Perhaps a fellow man of N'Asu would be able to give him direction or at least some task to help his affliction.

As he rode through the swarms of people on his borrowed steed, he smelled the air and scanned the crowd for any signs of nightwalkers. He knew they normally hunted when humans came out in crowds. It made it more convenient for them to snatch up a drunkard or lady of the night without being noticed. He had learned to watch stray dogs for sign of unrest -- for he knew they could smell their presence as well. He also knew that the unthinking majority weren't even aware that they were prey.

As his eyes passed a tavern with several townsfolk laughing and singing in unison outside, he saw a portly large breasted woman with wide mouth of crooked teeth laugh and scream with glee as a very skinny (and very drunk) man with greasy hair poured ale down the front of her bodice and buried his head in her heaving chest as the crowd around them cheered. Branek shook his head and continued to scan the crowd. He spoke to no one in particular, "These poor fools, do they not know what dangers a foggy head brings?"

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Shonuff »

A man stands up on the edge of the fountain in the center of the Square. His purple and red fineries mark him as a noble or someone of money. He begins to shout and wave everyone over. Most men and women armed in this Square are visibly making a direct path to him.

"HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Pray, lend me your ear. I am Marcus of House Nessrolli and I come to you bearing offers of employment! My master seeks eight able bodied men or women who are able to read and write common, speak another language, and are willing to protect my lord by force if necessary. My lord seeks to pay these able bodied guards handsomely." The man almost falls into the fountain but catches himself.

"If you wish to sign up for this job, please see my lord in the northwest corner of the Square!" Marcus points to the 'Salty Sprite Feasthall'. Marcus hops down, and nods to a few people, trying to move through the beggars and reveler drunkards. Marcus makes his way to the Northwest corner.

((roll an observation roll- i've written yours on each of your entries in the char sheet thread. it's your int+wis /2. Roll under to "succeed".))

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon's Observation roll
Need 12 or under [1d20] = 16

Cuon hears the call for work and walks over. If there were hiring for fish merchants he would have walked over. No emotion registers on his face, no stirring of emotion exists in his heart.
Last edited by Computer +1 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JobaTett
Scout
Scout

#12 Post by JobaTett »

[1d20] = 20 vs 15 Being in this place again, after so long, it's hard to pay much attention. Demon looks to see if he can spot the Salty Sprite Feasthall, thinking he'll need a job anyway.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Cwreando »

OOC - Aren't dice rolls suppose to go in the Dice thread or do you want them in the RP thread too?

Drex while only able to speak/read/write common and doesn't know a second language moves to the Northwest in hopes he may still find employment.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

thirdpotionontheleft
Strider
Strider

#14 Post by thirdpotionontheleft »

(Need to roll under 15)
[1d20] = 5

Hearing the words of the man Brock hesitates in his strides, his curiosity getting the better of him as he heads towards the aforementioned building.
Cleric (Noun) The thing standing between you and no HP

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by mithrandir138 »

Uh oh -- I think I broke the dice roller, I came up goose egg
[1d20] = 0

LOL :) -- Do we have an alternative trusted dice roller?

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by NJWilliam »

mithrandir138 wrote:Uh oh -- I think I broke the dice roller, I came up goose egg
[1d20] = 0

LOL :) -- Do we have an alternative trusted dice roller?
I got a zero on a 1d4 roll earlier this week. My concern is that you would never know if the rolls are all off by one, except if you see the zero, so ALL rolls could be off . . .
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by mithrandir138 »

Take 2: I tried the dice roller at Invisible Castle, I hope it's sufficient for now. I posted to the support thread about possible problems with the roller.

Branek's Observation Roll: (Target - 13 or lower)
1d20=10

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by AQuebman »

Edgar keeps his eyes on the brunette but starts to push Keilana forward at a faster pace. The sounds of somebody in need of aid being one of the few things that can draw his vision away from the beautiful lasses about town.

[1d20] = 11 Observation Need Under an 11

Shonuff
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Shonuff »

As you approach the large table in front of the Salty Sprite, you see a grizzled warrior with a salt n pepper beard wearing studded leather armor. He is sitting at the table, discussing things with the person standing in front of the table. As you all watch, the man looks each person up and down, speaks a few words to them, lets them explain some things, then either waves them to the right, or even less often, nods and points them to the left, where two others stand under an elm tree. Marcus approaches and walks inside the Salty Sprite.

As you line up, you see the man having a large chest atop the table as well. Each person he points to the left, he is tossing them a small pouch. He looks up from writing, and his bagged, heavy eyes look at you, almost evaluating you as you approach.
"Well? Name and trade." His voice is gruff and deep, his hand hold the ink quill, waiting.

"This job is for protecting a visiting ambassador. Our lord will be attending a gathering at a villa in the Coin ward. We're looking for people who can keep their mouth shut when needed, and protect our Lord when warranted. Can you be that person?
" The man looks to you and is awaiting your answer.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Computer +1 »

Cuon walks up to the table.
Cuon. Archer. Is all he says as a introduction.
When asked the second question. Yes. is his only reply in his accented common.

Return to “Gothmoor: City of Shadows II”