B S (VI)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: B S (VI)

#341 Post by Jernau35 »

I know, i haven't posted in over twenty minutes. I've got this under control. :D
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by ChubbyPixie »

SirOwen wrote:OK, how many of you catch yourself checking this game just-freaking-constantly???
I get busy with work and can't look for a couple or three days at a time sometimes. It is at these times that I have 14 linear yards of text to read all at once. Don't let this happen to you, kids. Take it from Uncle Chubby. :)

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Quonundrum »

I'm definitely guilty of weaving several yards, but it's mostly because I quite enjoy character interactions.

:D

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Karaunios »

:lol: I'm lately pressed for time (last steps of my thesis) and have to force myself to avoid checking this game when I don't have the time to answer back, since I'll feel forced to do it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#345 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I seem to check in a lot myself. :P

I have a packed weekend with Garycon registration today (I should probably look over the event schedule pretty soon :roll: ) and my home game scheduled shortly thereafter. Tomorrow I’m going to be busy with a family thing all day.

So, sorry for the cliffhangers, but I won’t be posting any major updates till Monday.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Urson »

I've been guilty of multiple visits per day- but typically, this is part of my morning routine: breakfast, coffee, chaos, intrigue, and destruction...
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Monsieur Rose »

So I was thinking of writing out a summary of this game and looking through the history of it. I was amazed at how many characters have been made and played here.

I count 50. Have I missed anyone?

monocar
saracen
luther
lightfinger
chauncey
bonnie
alordan
avaala
jaxsen
Brother Gilbert
Wes
Maag
Gramble
Liam
Daisy
galanthas
grimm
tlachtga
andro
Lerrick--oops
Cresty--How I'd I forget Sir Crestbrook?!
dexter
cealwyn
darklin
keg
brandy
Keyon
Fitz
Jinx
Elnaerel
Drakkar
The Knife
Feanol
Carucenus

NPC
===
Raythan
Keilif
Glansandi--I forgot he used to be a PC!

Missing/Dead?
===
Devrin-Dead
Franny-Dead
Brufrig-Dead
Ferris
Krystal
Eawad-Dead
Storm-Dead
Greff
Gwethglersinwen (Gwen)--Thanks Jernau!
Talaris
Sotha
Jack
Judson-Dead
Last edited by Monsieur Rose on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#349 Post by Darklin2 »

Monsieur Rose wrote:So I was thinking of writing out a summary of this game and looking through the history of it. I was amazed at how many characters have been made and played here.

I count 42. Have I missed anyone?

monocar
saracen
luther
lightfinger
chauncey
bonnie
alordan
avaala
jaxsen
Brother Gilbert
Wes
Maag
Gramble
Liam
Daisy
galanthas
grimm
tlachtga
andro
dexter
cealwyn
darklin
keg
brandy
Keyon
Fitz
Jinx
Elnaerel
Drakkar
The Knife
Feanol

NPC
===
Raythan
Keilif

Missing/Dead?
===
Devrin
Franny
Brufrig
Ferris
Krystal
Eawad
Storm
Greff
Jack

More on the way.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Jernau35 »

There's Gwen (full name is much longer) in the "What's on the other side of the river?" adventure.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#351 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That’s awesome MR! I know there are more, I remember at least two that came in from other areas and never quite made it to town. :? :lol: But I don’t have time to go dig them up right now.

Which seems like a great segue into something I should have brought up a while ago.

I feel like I owe everyone in this game an apology for my nearly complete lack of “bookkeeping” lately. When we first started this game, I had great intentions of keeping up with all the information gained and keeping everything neat and tidy for players to access if they needed. But with the influx of new characters and new players, I seem to be spending all my available time updating mission threads instead of dealing with the boring, behind the scenes, information organization.

So please forgive the lack of coordination on that end, and know that I am at the very least concerned about it and will try my best to make some time to get back into the task. I know there are several names to add to the dead character list. :twisted: (oh, sorry)

And don’t think I haven noticed the assists from a few of the more involved players either! Jernau’s recent list of lower level activities was incredibly helpful, and this talk of “writing out a summary” has me both humbled and intrigued at the same time. PLEASE! If any of you have the time and the notion for such things, feel free to help your aging DM out here with any of this stuff, in any way you see fit.

I fell that keeping the action moving in these games is slightly more important than any of the pesky book work that needs to be done, but I will do what I can to get the information up to date eventually.

I must say that the dedication and devotion to this game from some of the players makes the hours of posting well worth it! Thanks for reading and thanks for playing! :mrgreen:

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#352 Post by Darklin2 »

The reason most of us are so dedicated is the fact that OM is such a good DM. You keep things moving and everyone interested in what is going to happen next. I read all threads when i have time just to see what characters are going to fall into next. Eliminating the pirates should have been a simple task but all the fore thought and added hitches turned it into a tough battle that we almost didnt complete. And with all the different playing styles still might get screwed up but you manage to keep us all involved and wanting to see what happens next. Right now i am busy but if you would throw up a list of things you would like updated there are several of us that would help. I for one would if it helps out.

No reason to apologize you are faster then every other game on the server. I have been here 3 months and you got it together better than any of the other games I am in.
Last edited by Darklin2 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Karaunios »

Man, how is it that you're apologizing for anything! You already do a lot of work keeping up. I sometimes wonder how you do it.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Storm11 »

Amen to THAT!
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Jernau35 »

Yeah! The reason I do daft things like care about where my character dropped his spear is because this is such an awesome game to play in. The effort you put in already is amazing. THANK YOU!

What I find even more jaw-dropping is that not only do you do all this, but you play in other US games and sometimes DM others :shock: I can barely stay on top of my three characters here. :lol:

And thanks for tracking down all those names MR. That's an excellent idea!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by hedgeknight »

You're doing a mighty fine job, OM!
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Rex »

You are doing an Excellent job OM! How you manage I don't know.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Quonundrum »

Yes! I'm willing to belabor the point without shame, but to put it simply, I love this game because of its internal consistency and attention to detail. Things happen the way you'd expect them to, which may not be immediately obvious until you look back and discover you ignored or disregarded an important clue. It's also almost never "You search the room and find nothing", usually something is found even if it appears innocuous and that little something can provide a valuable clue if examined.

It takes all my time to keep up with my one character and the plot he's in. Some may say he's paranoid, but he's really just open to all of the lethal possibilities.

:D

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Jernau35 »

Yesterday I went down to the courthouse in Norfolk VA and took the oath to be sworn in as a US citizen. A pretty powerful moment.

It's a bit weird. It's like nothing around me has really changed, but everything has changed. When I go to school this morning I'll actually pledge allegiance to the flag, rather than standing politely with my hands folded. At least after 12 years I've had time to memorize all the words. :D

The other upside is that I am now at peace with the word aluminum. :lol:

(It may take a bit more practice before I can bring myself to use the word "soccer". :D )

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by ravenn4544 »

Congrats! Welcome to the US of A.

Return to “Completed Missions”