OOC Chat Lounge

Golem
Golem
Tracker
Tracker

OOC Chat Lounge

#1 Post by Golem »

For discussing everything and anything OOC, please do so here.

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC Chat Lounge

#2 Post by Golem »

Please feel free to ask me anything. I would rather answer your questions than have you sit on it for whatever reason. I also have an open door policy, so PM me if you have a complaint or concern that you think begs my attention. I will listen and respond in a fair manner.

Don't get attached to your characters. Adventuring is a dangerous and sometimes shitty endeavor. I don't fudge dice rolls, ever. But don't take that to mean I don't care. I'm always secretly rooting for you guys to win. I consider the rules simply as guidelines, so any rules lawyers won't find any love with me. if you do take an issue with a ruling or result, drop me a line. But final rulings are FINAL.

I'm stepping down from my soap box...

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#3 Post by Golem »

Okay guys, final characters are all posted and we're ready to go save for a couple who have listed their human sub-type. Please pick between your character being a Traladaran, Thyatian, or mixed. There are still long standing prejudices and will factor in one's reaction toward your character.

roryb
Guide
Guide

#4 Post by roryb »

Just checking in after a long day. Not only understood regarding mortality, but applauded. I expect my first character to experience the digestive juices of a gelatinous cube from within, or other somesuch conclusion.

Off to visit the IC thread...

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by thirdkingdom »

Golem wrote:Okay guys, final characters are all posted and we're ready to go save for a couple who have listed their human sub-type. Please pick between your character being a Traladaran, Thyatian, or mixed. There are still long standing prejudices and will factor in one's reaction toward your character.
Ah, forgot about that. I think Gasa Loc is Thyatian, with the unearned confidence that comes from that.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by beniliusbob »

roryb wrote:Just checking in after a long day. Not only understood regarding mortality, but applauded. I expect my first character to experience the digestive juices of a gelatinous cube from within, or other somesuch conclusion.

Off to visit the IC thread...
I fully concur. Death or glory! Survival is the exception.

roryb
Guide
Guide

#7 Post by roryb »

jason.connerley wrote:Brom

Brom is surprised that Jacek found something, he did not expect that and regards Jacek with new respect.

"If no one else is willing I'm not scared to post as a plump lass."
Although still early in the game, I nominate this for “Best Out of Context Quotes”.

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#8 Post by jason.connerley »

roryb wrote:
jason.connerley wrote:Brom

Brom is surprised that Jacek found something, he did not expect that and regards Jacek with new respect.

"If no one else is willing I'm not scared to post as a plump lass."
Although still early in the game, I nominate this for “Best Out of Context Quotes”.
Yep, I fat fingered that one! :lol:

roryb
Guide
Guide

#9 Post by roryb »

It's awfully quiet for so early in the game. I get that we had a weekend and all...I'm wondering if there is a preferred posting frequency.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by beniliusbob »

roryb wrote:It's awfully quiet for so early in the game. I get that we had a weekend and all...I'm wondering if there is a preferred posting frequency.
Thought I'd follow up on this... is the intention that this is weekly?

Hope all is well on your end, Golem... I don't want to add pressure if something has come up. I am just excited to see what's in that sewer. :mrgreen:

Cheers,

-bn

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Golem »

beniliusbob wrote:
roryb wrote:It's awfully quiet for so early in the game. I get that we had a weekend and all...I'm wondering if there is a preferred posting frequency.
Thought I'd follow up on this... is the intention that this is weekly?

Hope all is well on your end, Golem... I don't want to add pressure if something has come up. I am just excited to see what's in that sewer. :mrgreen:

Cheers,

-bn
I understand your excitement, I do. I had a sinus cold while renovating the bathroom. It was a ghastly time.

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#12 Post by Golem »

I've set up a new sub-forum thread called 'Watches and Marching Orders.' What I need from the players is a list of characters establishing their place in a watch should the party settle down for the night or when needed. Not only do I need that, but I also need two lists of player marching order, one for outside and one for inside.

Please hammer these three lists out so I may post them officially in the proper sub-forum.

Thank you!

roryb
Guide
Guide

#13 Post by roryb »

Sorry to hear you were sick, golem. :(

Jacek is sort of built as a second line fighter in narrow conditions. I'd suggest Brom first and Jacek second for indoor single-file, and potentially a two-line column when outside. Maybe our magic-user in the middle (in either case), with Oswego and Asger bringing up the rear with their missile weapons?

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Paladin »

I'm happy wherever. Plate and a big sword work up front, or he's got the bow for firing from behind. I'll leave that up to wiser heads.

roryb
Guide
Guide

#15 Post by roryb »

Paladin wrote:I'm happy wherever. Plate and a big sword work up front, or he's got the bow for firing from behind. I'll leave that up to wiser heads.
I missed the plate. Maybe it makes sense for Asger to be up with Brom. Jacek can swap places...he just doesn’t have a missile weapon except his hand axe.

jason.connerley
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by jason.connerley »

I'm happy to do whatever, by the numbers Brom has a worse AC and lower HP than either of the other two fighters. He carries a spear and bastard sword, no shield. Looks like Jacek has a spear, hand axe, & shield where Asger has a bow and a two handle sword with no shield but has the superior plate armor. The thief has a short bow and I don't see any weapons for the mage.

Brom is happy anywhere in the watch schedule.

As for marching order we are looking at two abreast and single file options correct? I'll put up two options to get us started, feel free to adjust as you feel appropriate. I'm basing this on putting our best fighter, Asger, up front, our squishies in the middle and our second best fighter to protect the rear. It may make sense to swap Jacek and Brom in both orders and put the weakest fighter, Brom, in the rear. Thoughts?

Outside
Brom, Asger
Oswego, Gasa Loc
Jacek

Inside
Asger, Brom, Gasa Loc, Oswego, Jacek

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by beniliusbob »

jason.connerley wrote: Outside
Brom, Asger
Oswego, Gasa Loc
Jacek

Inside
Asger, Brom, Gasa Loc, Oswego, Jacek
This looks perfect to me!

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by beniliusbob »

Regarding watches: I think the only thing that really matters is that Gasa Loc be first or last watch to get uninterrupted sleep in order to prepare spells.

We could take our inside marching order and put Gasa to last watch:

Asger, Brom, Oswego, Jacek, Gasa Loc

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#20 Post by Golem »

I have e been remiss in posting and I apologiize. I have been stressed out with work and issues with my oldest child. The last thing I wanted to do was run the two games I have on Unseen Servant. So let's return to the adventure.

Return to “In Dank Darkness Below (S&W)”