Mission 6: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

#141 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks up at Joker on the phone, They are both alive but not good, heavy ESD exposures. Tell Them to bring burn relief loadouts and be ready for them to slip into shock. But they are alive, until the pros get back here we need to wrap this up. He moves over and grabs a free pack.

Games over Squat!
So since I am at -4 I assume just ignore the 4 dice from my Move+fire proton pack talent and use the others but if thats not the best way, or youd prefer another roll let me know.
Fire Weapon: [4d6] = 14 Ghost:[1d6] = 3 BP: [5d6] = 15

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Bluehorse »

The Whole Team's Here!  The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  The Courtyard Green
August 13, 2018 2:10pm
Stormy!

Urson wrote:Joker

Joker nods and smiles at Julia when she figures out what he was saying. After the flash from the streams crossing, he hurries from person to person, switching off proton packs so they can cool.

After that, he'll dial 911- unless someone else already has.
911 911, what is your emergency?
Taaz wrote:
So since I am at -4 I assume just ignore the 4 dice from my Move+fire proton pack talent and use the others but if thats not the best way, or youd prefer another roll let me know.
Fire Weapon: [4d6] = 14 Ghost:[1d6] = 3 BP: [5d6] = 15
Okay, You're misunderstanding what I am putting at the bottom. That is simply me keeping a "paper trail" of how many Bps were used and/or lost in a round. This is what I take away from your pool, I will tell you in the post when you have a penalty. For now, you are all good other than the -1d6 from your snakebite penalty. That is the only one in play, so you are only down one dice for now.
Either way, you more than rolled enough to get him. Please, let me know if you need more clarification and know I am not trying to come off snarky or anything, quite the opposite! :) All good!

Squat turns around slowly and looks confused at what has happened. When Jason's beam hits him he doesn't even offer a struggle, seeming to be simply too weak to keep going.

Julia holds up a trap and throws it out...

Throw Trap v 5 Bps[2d6] = 5 Moves: [1d6] = 4 G: [1d6] = 4

Which couldn't have landed in a better spot, directly under the ghost as she opened it with the pedal, holding it down with both hands and wincing at the bright light it makes as the ghost is slurped inside!

Score: 13 to 0 Ghostbusters FINAL!

Actions?

Inventory:  
5 Proton Packs on the sidelines.
-1 Free
-1 Mac
-1 Roy
-1 Julia
-1 Jason

5 Traps Total
-1 Contains Red and is damaged.
-1 Contains Slim.
-1 Contains Crusty.
-1 Contains Husky.
-1 Contains Squat.

Julia -2bps to Rolls.<= Because she spend 2 Bps when she rolled for the throw this round, logging how she lost those 2bps.
Not a penalty :)

Jason -6bps to Rolls. <= Because he spends 3 Bps when he rolled Brains for a medical check and another 3 to shoot in this round. :)

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  77/87 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 54/78
Roy O'Dowd: 0/49 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 0/139 (*)
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 72/74 (***)
Julia Dunst 13/21

Effects in place:
* - Recovering from Proton Flashback.

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#143 Post by Taaz »

Ah sorry even better!

Jason looks at Julia. Good job, you need a raise. and then back to his fellow busters. I hope that ambulance is near here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker takes a deep breath, calming himself before he speaks- so he actually manages to find his English again.

Two people. Heavy Electrostatic shocks. They're out- but unconcious. At the college quad.

He turns to Julia. You did good. Most people would be too scared.
FA FO

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#145 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy merely groans on the ground unable to do much else until he recovers from the "crossing of the streams" faux pas.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Bluehorse »

The Whole Team's Here!  The Frat is Back in Town!
August 13, 2018

Starting Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 87/87 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 78/78
David "Mac" McAuslan 139/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 73/73

Effects in place:

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Make contact with Dr. Burkley: Jason, Roy, David, & Joker +2

Make a viable trade for information: Jason, Roy, David, & Joker +2

Found a paying job: Jason, Roy, David, & Joker +3

Convinced the ghosts to play Football: Jason +3

Lugging the equipment to the car: Lionel +2

Getting Lionel on scene in record time and no trouble: Julia +3

Lugging the equipment from the car: Lionel +2

Trapping a ghost: All +2x5=10

Calling Jamie to get the Scoop: Lionel +3

Starting the deception to get the ghosts: Joker +3

Completing the Mission: All +5

Bonus Totals:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 5+10+3+2+2+3 = 25
Roy O'Dowd: 5+10+3+2+2 = 22
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 5+10+2+2 = 19
David "Mac" McAuslan: 5+10+3+2+2 = 22
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 5+10+3+3+2+2 = 25
Julia Dunst: 5+10+3 = 18

Partial Success +100% of all Bps used.

Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 30 Bonuses: 25+30 = 55+77 = 132
Roy O'Dowd: 0 Bonuses: 22+0 = 22
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 11 Bonuses: 19+11 = 30+54 = 84
David "Mac" McAuslan: 33 Bonuses: 22+33 = 55+0 = 55
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 2 Bonuses: 25+2 = 27+72 = 99
Julia Dunst: 10 Bonuses: 18+10 = 28+13 = 41

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  132/132 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 84/84
Roy O'Dowd: 22/49 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 55/139 (*)
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 99/99 (***)
Julia Dunst 41/41

Effects in place:

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Bluehorse »

The Aftermath
August 13, 2018 2:20pm

A short time later and the EMTs had arrived. Roy and Mac were coming too and had horrible headaches. Their suits had protected them from the same direct burns they had gotten on their faces and hands. The EMTs were already putting them on gurneys and strapping them down for transport.

Okay this one is stable... Let's load up.

Same here.

Bur looks intent on rushing up and getting an interview, but Jamie intercepts him and points to her own cameraman saying something that is enough to make him balk and step back.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  132/132 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 87/87 <= +3 Fixed
Roy O'Dowd: 22/49 (*)
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 99/99 (***)
Julia Dunst 41/41

Effects in place:

Last edited by Bluehorse on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Ugh"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#149 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Getting up slowly, a bruised Lionel wanders back to the sideline. Are they going to be ok? What the hell happened to them?

Seeing the news crews, Lionel waves at Jamie and signals her to come over.

BP calculations look good- except for Lionel's. You didn't add the +3 for calling Jamie. Also, nothing for the two defensive touchdowns? :D
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Taaz »

I would advise we all fall back and tend to the wounded, lets get the equipment loaded up and get everyone checked out. Jason says to Mac and Lionel. He turns to Julia, You prob wanna get checked out too, phantasmal possession takes a lot out of you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:BP calculations look good- except for Lionel's. You didn't add the +3 for calling Jamie.
Fixed :)
Scott308 wrote: Also, nothing for the two defensive touchdowns? :D[/ooc]
Oh that is a thing? Here you go...
GolfClap.gif
GolfClap.gif (186.85 KiB) Viewed 981 times

GreyWolfVT

#152 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy groans some more "Ugh my phone? Someone grab my phone....please."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker takes a 5-count, bent over at the waist, hands on knees. When he's caught his breath, he pitches in, collecting gear from the field. He smiles as he does this, trying to reassure the crowd that gathered for the game.

He looks at the muddy, rained-on gear and shakes his head. I have much work to do when we get back to the station.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Bluehorse »

Afterward
August 13, 2018, 2:40pm
Drizzles and light East Wind.  Warm.

The Police are able to get to the scene and keep crowds back about the time the EMTs are there as well.  Roy gets his phone back but the EMT insists that it be shut off for now since he is at risk of a seizure from the Electrostatic Discharge.

Both Roy and Mac are sent off in a hurry, the ambulances wasting no time taking them to Baptist where a certain specter is sure to get a kick out of their visit.

Lionel waves over Jamie, but of course he quickly realizes he might as well have waved over all the Newsies as they all jostle over for a chance at an interview.  All the questions get lost in the commotion of everyone talking at once, and Lionel finds himself starting at four cameras and 4 mics.

Joking from the previous post aside, I agree you should get something for the Touchdowns.  I will give you all credit as a team by taking the 13points on the board and dividing them 5 ways, which is 2.6 rounded up to 3 each.  How's that?

Joker & Jason are able to pull the Ecto-1 around to a loading area nearby and pack up the equipment while taking stock.  That one trap that laid over in the water while nabbing Red doesn't look good.  There is a heavy amount of green pea soup vapor leaking out.  Might wanna hurry.

Julia sees Roy and Mac off after getting a brief check from one of the medical personnel.  She is deemed healthy enough to avoid an ER visit but told to take it easy for a day.  She agrees and then pitches in with the loading, once more showing her stubborn streak.  She is still only able to handle the traps, especially as tired as she looks.  She makes a face though and waves the vapors away from her face.  Ugh!  Do these things always stink like that? 

Here is more or less the stock of the situation:

Roy O'Dowd: 22/49 (*)

They are no longer at 0 because of course, I am crediting you the Bps for the mission being completed.  As per the rules, as a Partial success, you get all bonuses but only 100% of your Bps used in the mission instead of the usual 150% for a Full Success.  

So how does this translate into the game?  Good question.  I am considering this your "Bounce Back".  What you immediately get back to once your body recovers from the initial shock (in this case kind of literally) and what state you are in.  

So by percentages, Mac is a little worse for wear than Roy since Roy woke up feeling about 45%, whereas Mac feels about 40%.  I think this is justified in that Roy was shooting a shorter distance than Mac and had less "Blow Back" from the proton stream.

You will both be admitted into the hospital for an overnight observation just to make sure that they are okay. (I know I would catch some flak here from real medical personnel, but we are still in a SciFi setting so I am fudging reality as it is.  We'll just say the jumpsuits have been designed against this sort of problem just like Firemen's clothing is designed to resist fire)

Let me know what you want to do.  We can resolve anything you wish to here, or even jump to later or tomorrow morning at the Firehouse.  

Lionel, Roll Cool for the Press.

Joker & Jason can roll Brains for the Equipment.

Roy & Mac:  I want you both to roll me a Hard Muscle and see what you come up with.  You may not use any Bps.

Otherwise...
Actions?

Inventory:  
5 Proton Packs
-3 in Good Shape.
-2 Need Checking.

5 Traps Total
-1 Contains Red & is damaged.
-1 Contains Slim.
-1 Contains Crusty.
-1 Contains Husky.
-1 Contains Squat.

+3 to all for Final Score.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  135/135 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 87/87
Roy O'Dowd: 25/49 (*)
David "Mac" McAuslan 58/139 (*)
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 102/102 (***)
Julia Dunst 44/44

Effects in place:

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Rex »

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Urson »

Joker

Brains: [5d6] = 21 ghost [1d6] = 1 FUG!

As he loads gear, Joker pauses for a second. I think we will need to come back here later- these entities came from someplace. They didn't just pop up from the ground.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#159 Post by Scott308 »

Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Bluehorse »

Since I am trying to get things caught up, I will say that since you had a successful roll with the media you get a +4 which is 1 per station and GoPtoJerad. I'll add that on the next post for the new mission unfolding in the Firehouse and close this thread. Good work everybody!!! :)

Return to “Mission Archive”