Mission 6: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

#81 Post by Rex »

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote:Joker
Still LLM Lost Like a MFer, Joker can only follow his fellow Busters' lead. He glances around, looking for where the gear was dumped. He's getting an idea...
Please contact me in a private message of what your idea is and I will determine what you need to roll to make that happen on the side :)

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Taaz »

Totally forgot to subtract my 1dg last roll but luckily i dont think it would have effected it, this time I remembered tho. Using 3 Brownie points on the moves.
Moves: [0d6] = 0 Ghost:[1d6] = 4 BP:[3d6] = 12
Tossing two brownie points here too.
Muscles: [1d6] = 5 Ghost:[1d6] = 6 BP:[2d6] = 6
Jason notincing the people and the cameras digs deep and really tried to do his best to keep up with Lionel, if anyone could ...tackle the situation at hand it was him.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Bluehorse »

The Whole Team's Here!  The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  The Courtyard Green
August 13, 2018 1:40pm
Stormy!

Lionel goes to the line of scrimmage as does Jason who is following the experienced footballer's lead.

#2 lines up with the rest and snaps the ball to Roy. Roy takes the position for the kick and makes a great kick bound to split the uprights!

Mac easily blocks.

With #1 out and on the sidelines, the Ghosts are down a touchdown as well as a man on the field!

Ghost Rolls: This was close! For the record, I am always putting the advantage to the offense since they are defending the ball and moving the action on the field, so in the issue of a stalemate, I will always favor the rolls in that way. If Defense cannot overcome the moves roll, then they cannot muscle their way through. Move basically is being used as a reaction or initiative roll and muscle is where the work is happening. Everyone okay with this? I realized that I had forgotten to explain my thoughts on how to make this work.

Joker has an Idea.
Roll whenever and I will catch you up between posts :)

Julia:
Dis-Possess Self: Hard Cool (20): [3d6] = 17 G: [1d6] = 1

She seems to get close to snapping herself out of whatever is controlling her but after a few twitches seems to instead go 100% under control of whatever Red has done to her as she begins cheering on the Ghosts with renewed enthusiasm and a smile!
To be read in the voice of a really really bad John Maden impression, or course:

Well, you see here... The chubby fella snaps the ball right? Then it goes back to Roy, and boy look at his placement! He lines up right on his mark and BOOM! he kicks it right up there... Meanwhile, The Ghostbuster's line is in just really great shape. I mean, look at How the Chubby Guy, #2 throws his weight forward just as Jason and Lionel move and hit the Ghost defensive line just like that... Boom! Crusty, Rusty, and Husky have a lot of spirits, yes they do! but they just can't catch a break as the Ghostbusters just have a lot more life in their step to hold them off. And look here! Mac just PULVERIZES Slim! He goes right down and you can bet he will be feeling that one to his grave. Just BOOM! Instant replay! BOOM! I could watch that all day! And as you can see there, the ball goes right through the uprights! Ghostbusters up another point on the scoreboard. Do you know who else saw a lot of field goal points in his day? Brett Favre...

Score: 7 to 0 Ghostbusters

Actions?

Map: See last post.

Inventory:  
3 to 5 Proton Packs on the sidelines.
5 Traps on the Sidelines.

Mac -1 to Rolls
Jason -5bps to Rolls

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  78/87 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 72/78
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
David "Mac" McAuslan 120/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 74/74 (***)
Julia Dunst 21/21  (****) 

Effects in place:
* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

**** - Julia is under control of Red and unable to act upon her own power, or so it seems.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker cheers as the kick is good, then trots to his place, waiting for the first play from scrimmage. He's doing what he can to follow the lead of the other Busters, since they all seem to know more about American football than he does.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#87 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Great job everyone! Time to kick-off and play some more solid defense. Now, who's gonna kick-off? Anyone good at kicking long? Played some soccer?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy raises his hand. "I'm from Europe it's our main sport."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Urson »

Joker
By any means, Roy. I know soccer, but I am an un-athlete.

Joker joins the lineup, ready for the kick. When the kick goes off, he does the same sort of charge-and squawk he did before, going after Crusty this time.

[2d6] = 4 ghost [1d6] = 4
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods and lines up for the kick. "Alright then, I'll giving my best."

Muscle: [3d6] = 12 G:[1d6] = 5
Moves: [3d6] = 13 G:[1d6] = 3
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac will move down the center of the field and try top break any wedge that forms up then go for the ball carrier.

Muscle +1 Brownie Points [5d6] = 21 Ghost [1d6] = 1

Moves +2BP [5d6] = 19 Ghost [1d6] = 1

About to get interesting.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by Taaz »

Jason lines up on the line with Lionel and Mac looking hoping his hitting the big guy strategy holds up.
Spending 3 more BPs, Jasons givein er all hes got
Moves: [0d6] = 0 Ghost:[1d6] = 3 BP:[3d6] = 15

Scott308

#93 Post by Scott308 »

All right, Roy! Let her fly!

Lionel will run downfield, trying to get through any blockers and find the ball carrier. If the carrier is the ensorcelled human, Lionel will wrap him up and bring him to the ground as gently as possible. If one of the ghosts has the ball, he will show no mercy.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Bluehorse »

The Whole Team's Here!  The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  The Courtyard Green
August 13, 2018 1:50pm
Stormy!

Roy kicks long and straight! The ball flies and screams as if in pain before coming back down on the opponent's side of the field!

Joker is following the lead and charges toward Crusty as the ball arcs across the field. There is some action on the field as everyone clusters about the ball and Joker smacks into Crusty, and promptly bounces off the large ghost who steps on his belly as the group bulldozes past.

Mac goes down the middle but is so fast that he not only gets where he wants but almost beats the ball there, it bounces off his head (-1bps) and into Red's hands! He then Husky to the side but allows Red through the line when he does!

Lionel Meets the line of ghosts as they grab the ball and form up into a 3 man V in front of Red. Mac busts up the line and Red comes out the hole like a rocket. Lionel is able to get into position and with Jason's help, they are able to sandwich Red and bring him down at about the 40 yard line. The problem for Lionel, is he feels that tell-tale pull in his ankle when making his jive to the side just before the tackle.

Always wear a good pair of cleats, even if they ain't new...

4' tall Lionel back in the day Yes, coach!

Lionel will need to have a -1d6 penalty for the next two rounds while he walks it off. Or, you can buy out of it for 10bps total, or 6bps for only 1 turn.

#2 seems to be catching his stride but is slower than everyone else, in fact, he seems to trip on his own feet right at the end and just cannot get up in time to contribute to the play. He looks up apologetically at the busters as he struggles to his feet as Squat blows the whistle.

#2 Moves: [2d6] = 7 G: [1d6] = 1 Muscle: [2d6] = 4 G: [1d6] = 3
Ghost Rolls:
Moves H: [4d6] = 15 C: [4d6] = 19 R: [3d6] = 10 Sl: [3d6] = 13

Muscles H: [4d6] C: [4d6] R: [3d6] Sl: [3d6]
Red looks up at Jason. You guys got lucky! Now's it's our turn!

Meanwhile, on the sidelines, #1 has been carried off, presumably getting help. A crowd is gathered all around the field as the college students realize they are seeing something probably never seen before. Phones are out everywhere! Lionel will recognize two faces right away: GoProJered and Jamie Roth at the sidelines near the ever cheering Julia who just can't help herself.

Do other News Outlets get the Late Scoop? There is commotion from a nearby parking lot as two news vans come in and compete for parking. One is Bur's Channel 3 Van and the other is Channel 26 who the Busters have yet to get directly acquainted with.

Looks like this game now has full coverage! Everyone can feel their phones pinging with what are undoubtedly social media notifications.

Score: 7 to 0 Ghostbusters

Actions?

Map: If you want to change anything on positioning, just let me know and I can easily change that.
field3.jpg
field3.jpg (32.59 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Inventory:  
3 to 5 Proton Packs on the sidelines.
5 Traps on the Sidelines.

Mac -4bps to Rolls
Mac -1bps to damage.
Jason -3bps to Rolls
Julia -1 for Reasons ;)

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  75/87 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 72/78
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
David "Mac" McAuslan 115/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 74/74 (***)
Julia Dunst 20/21  (****) 

Effects in place:
* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

**** - Julia is under control of Red and unable to act upon her own power, or so it seems.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker staggers to the sidelines, gasping and gagging- apparently from Crusty stepping on him.

He stands, bent over, apparently trying not to puke... right beside the proton packs.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac will move to help Joker. Loud enough so that everyone hears him. "Are you all right Joker."

Once he gets over to him he positions himself so he can grab a proton pack and then a trap if possible.

GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy proud of his kicking skills heads to the sidelines and over to Joker hoping that he is alright and positions himself near a proton pack and bends down as it to tie his shoes. "Alright so do we do this on three or what?"

Scott308

#98 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel moves over by #2. Looks like it's just you and me for this play. He gives him a big grin. Don't worry, we got this!

Lionel steps back a few feet. At the snap, he tries reenacting the play that made him famous in college. He'll get a moving start and then dive over the ghostly blockers to hopefully land on and sack Red.
Brownie Points for Moves: [2d6] = 7
Dodge: [6d6] = 30; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 6
Brownie Points for Muscle: [1d6] = 1
Grapple: [7d6] = 24; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 5
I'll just take the 1 die penalty for two rounds. I rolled normally just because it's easier than adjusting the macros, but since I used brownie points, one of the BP dice is applied to the roll in the macro. Does this make sense? In effect, subtract one BP extra for each BP roll (total of 5 used).

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:Lionel "Freight Train" Williams
Brownie Points for Moves: [2d6] = 7
Dodge: [6d6] = 30; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 6
Brownie Points for Muscle: [1d6] = 1
Grapple: [7d6] = 24; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 5
I'll just take the 1 die penalty for two rounds. I rolled normally just because it's easier than adjusting the macros, but since I used brownie points, one of the BP dice is applied to the roll in the macro. Does this make sense? In effect, subtract one BP extra for each BP roll (total of 5 used).[/spoiler]
Works for me and also Holy Cow on that Moves Roll... you broke impossible on that!

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Taaz »

I got your back Freight Train, Jason says lining up and following Lionels lead

Return to “Mission Archive”