Mission 6: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

#121 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel continues trying to run down Husky.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#122 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: Luckily, this is the moment that Roy's trap falls nearby and opens, just in time to assist Julia by sucking in the ghost before it can break free of the tedious hold the secretary has on him![/spoiler] 
Reading this right there should be a trap near Jason, I assume this is a Moves but if you want any other roll/rolls let me know.

"Wow, I cant believe an impact with a ghost would feel so visceral" Jason think as Squat goes down. There is a tell tell blinding flash of a trap so Jason lunges to the trap on his left scrambling to point it towards Squat.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote:
Bluehorse wrote: Luckily, this is the moment that Roy's trap falls nearby and opens, just in time to assist Julia by sucking in the ghost before it can break free of the tedious hold the secretary has on him![/spoiler] 
Reading this right there should be a trap near Jason, I assume this is a Moves but if you want any other roll/rolls let me know.

"Wow, I cant believe an impact with a ghost would feel so visceral" Jason think as Squat goes down. There is a tell tell blinding flash of a trap so Jason lunges to the trap on his left scrambling to point it towards Squat.
There are two traps near Jason but they are already full! :lol: The trap is near Husky and Crusty. Go ahead and make a new post for what you will do. You can use the same roll. Squat is pretty well done for this round.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Bluehorse »

The Whole Team's Here!
The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  The Courtyard Green
August 13, 2018 2:07pm
Stormy!

Joker & Mac both manage to get a beam on Crusty who howls again as he is stuck in the aura of the beams.  Man!  Does he put up a fight!  Both busters can feel him yanking and jerking at the beams that hold him as if he had ahold of the neutrino wands themselves!  Despite all his efforts though, Crusty is caught so long as the beams hold! 

Remember, You get 30 seconds (5 rounds) before the Emergency Protocols kick in unless you risk turning off the Safty to override it. Please, see the charts I just posted

Roy opens the trap and it quickly begins pulling Crusty inside since Joker and Mac have a good hold on him and can easily pull him into the cone of light! The big ghost seems to fall apart into the suction like so much rice crispies before the doors slam down and lock in place, the light blinking to indicate it is secure!

Jason Move on hold

Squat Squat is immobile for this round 

Lionel is still determined to run down Husky and catches him! And in the middle of the takedown, he trips on the trap containing Crusty! Then in midair he manages to take Husky down too! Problem #1 The big slimey ghost goes SLAT! under him, and he is covered in what feels like axel grease. Problem #2 He is in the way of anyone trying to fire on the big ghost. Problem #3 The slime is pulling itself back together into a cohesive shape that looks an awful lot like a now angry ghost looking right up at him nose to... well... where a nose should be on that juicy skeletal face!

Husky Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Ghost Rolls: Julia looks around, pointing the Neutrino Wand around frantically. WHAT DO I DO? SHOULD I SHOOT AGAIN?!

All the reporters are intent on what is happening now and camera lights are shining on the field as there is even more footage of Crusty now goes into the trap!

Score: 13 to 0 Ghostbusters

Actions?

Map: 
field7.jpg
field7.jpg (42.62 KiB) Viewed 709 times
Inventory:
5 Proton Packs on the sidelines.
-2 Free
-1 Mac
-1 Roy
-1 Julia

5 Traps Total
-2 Free
-1 Contains Red and is damaged.
-1 Contains Slim.
-1 Contains Crusty

Lionel -2bps to Rolls. 
Joker -2bps to Rolls.
Mac -2bps to Rolls.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  67/87 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 64/78
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
David "Mac" McAuslan 108/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 72/74 (***)
Julia Dunst 15/21

Effects in place:

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker hears Julia yelling and steps over to switch her pack off. He smiles and says İyi yaptın. Mac ve Roy için bir tuzak at in a calm and encouraging voice.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Rex »

Mac

Will try to close the range to Squat well the proton wand cools, then will fire at Squat.

Moves, Fire Weapon Talent +2 Brownie Points [8d6] = 20 Ghost [1d6] = 1

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#127 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy reaching for the proton pack will try to see if he can help snag any of the remaining ghosts with it so someone else can trap it if any empty traps are left.

Moves: [3d6] = 12 G:[1d6] = 1
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy reaching for the proton pack will try to see if he can help snag any of the remaining ghosts with it so someone else can trap it if any empty traps are left.

Very important. I need to know if you are aiming for Husky or Squat

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#129 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Ooohhhhh, ssssshhhh....

Seeing the angry ghost forming in front of him, Lionel quickly begins rolling away from Husky. He goes through several revolutions as he creeps closer to the sideline, before pushing himself off the ground and sprinting the short distance to an empty trap. Light him up!
Last edited by Scott308 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#130 Post by Taaz »

Jason scambles to clear the firing lanes and give the rest a clear shot at Squat.

GreyWolfVT

#132 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy reaching for the proton pack will try to see if he can help snag any of the remaining ghosts with it so someone else can trap it if any empty traps are left.

Very important. I need to know if you are aiming for Husky or Squat
Husky.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by Taaz »

You said to use the same moves from my earlier.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#135 Post by Taaz »

No worries, my noggin gets like that too.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Bluehorse »

The Whole Team's Here!  The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  The Courtyard Green
August 13, 2018 2:07pm
Stormy!

Joker speaks Turkish to Julia who looks at him with a look of confusion and concentration then perks up, understanding.   Throw the trap! Got it!

Brains v 20 +Languages [8d6] = 36 G: [1d6] = 6

Moves v 5 +2bps [3d6] = 9 G: [1d6] = 2

She grabs one of the boxes and gives it a look before looking up where Lionel is grappling with Husky and throws it practically right in front of them both!  Now what?! 

Mac takes a shot at Squat!

Roy Takes a shot at Husky!

Jason Sees the shot coming just as Squat slips down into the dirt and shoots back up and points laughing just as Mac shoots him in the back!

Husky grapples with Lionel who is thrown off, and then the big ghost hits him HARD! knocking him to the ground and hitting him again! -10bps. He then sees the glow of a beam coming at them and then scrambles out of the way!

Ghost Rolls: Julia as a free action is able to react quickly and presses the pedal, opening the trap which sucks in Husky.

Today I posted some new rule for crossing the streams.  Based on where characters were on the map at the start of the round and the rolls the players made, I am going to say that your Ghost Dice that were rolled means you accidentally crossed the streams.  So this is the table I am going to roll on:

• By Accident: While forcing a ghost into a trap, if two Ghostbusters who were wrangling the ghost into the trap were to fail their attack rolls and they both roll a Ghost, then the Ghostmaster rolls the dice and looks at the table below to see what happens. 

o 1-3: There is no total protonic reversal and nothing happens. 

o 4: All Ghostbusters lose 5 brownie points. 

o 5: All Ghostbusters lose half of their remaining brownie points. 

o 6: The brownie points of all Ghostbusters drops to 0.

I am really rooting for you guys!  Here goes!

GSGM Rolls dice.....

[1d6] = 6  :shock:

Well... Dang.

So here is what happens.  Mac gets a good shot off on Squat, just as he is coming back out of the ground where he got away from Jason, and in fact is caught very much off guard by the blast.  Jason  Due to his Ghost Dice gets away fine but gets a flash burn from the beam as he moves away.  -1bp.  This happens just as Roy gets a good beam on Husky right as Lionel clears out of the way, and being at such close range, is easily able to give the instictual yank which pulls Husky into the cone of light that pulls him into the trap.  It is on this yank, that the streams cross.  There is a big flash as the protons collide mid-stream.  Husky, already in the trap, is unable to get away, but Roy feels himself jolted hard like he was just hit by a truck and everything goes black.  The same for Mac, he sees what is about to happen and just can't quite shut off his beam on time.  Squat feels as much of the surge as the two ghostbusters as the it travels down the three points of impact.  Squat becomes somewhat less corporial and is downright hard to see, reaching an almost vapor state, possibly going down a class or two as he just hangs there stunned.  Mac takes the Jolt as hard as the others and promptly blacks out.

Squat = Now a class 2 and stunned.

Roy & Mac are now at 0bps and unconscious.

This is my ruling on death.  I have always house ruled in any game I have run that getting a perfect 0 means you are basically comatose.  You are not dead, but about as close as you can be.  Since there are not any wounds, there is no risk of dropping to negatives, which then I would usually say once you get to -10 you are dead dead, not mostly dead.  Who am I to question Miracle Max?  So That is what I am ruling there.  This was a dramatic turn of events!  I hope you will all be satisfied with the ruling.  I am open to discussion in the OOC channel if we as a group want to have a campfire session over this.  The important thing I want to stress now is that no one is dead yet.

All the reporters are intent on what is happening and they all looked shocked as the bright blast dazzles everyone watching.  As everyone's eyes recover they can see two Ghostbusters down and there is a moment of silence before someone in the crowd screams and there is more panic in the air again, punctuated by the thinger and lightening overhead.

Score: 13 to 0 Ghostbusters

Actions?

Map: 
Field8.jpg
Field8.jpg (47.82 KiB) Viewed 683 times
Inventory:  
5 Proton Packs on the sidelines.
-2 Free
-1 Mac
-1 Roy
-1 Julia

5 Traps Total
-1 Free
-1 Contains Red and is damaged.
-1 Contains Slim.
-1 Contains Crusty.
-1 Contains Husky

Julia -2bps to Rolls.
Mac -2bps to Rolls.
Jason -4bps to Rolls.

Crossed the Streams!
Roy drops from 49 to 0.
Mac drops from 108 to 0.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  63/87 (**)
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 54/78
Roy O'Dowd: 0/49
David "Mac" McAuslan 0/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 72/74 (***)
Julia Dunst 15/21

Effects in place:
** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by Taaz »

"Damn" that hurt Jason thinks as he is temporarily blinded as his vision returns he looks to the sidelines and sees his teammates on the ground. Guys? And he is moving beofre the thinks, running and dropping to Roys side he starts going through his CPR training like clockwork.
Making a Brains to determine their status and help if able.
Brains: [2d6] = 7 Ghost:[1d6] = 3 Bp: [5d6] = 15

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote:"Damn" that hurt Jason thinks as he is temporarily blinded as his vision returns he looks to the sidelines and sees his teammates on the ground. Guys? And he is moving beofre the thinks, running and dropping to Roys side he starts going through his CPR training like clockwork.
Making a Brains to determine their status and help if able.
Brains: [2d6] = 7 Ghost:[1d6] = 3 Bp: [5d6] = 15
Both seem hurt bad but for the moment are breathing and have faint heartbeats. There is no bleeding or damage, mostly seems to be flash burns not unlike Jason's which resembles a mild to bad sunburn on exposed skin. Their uniforms steam a lot in the rain and indeed are very dry on the front where the rain is once more beading up. Both have hair standing on end and there is a heavy smell of ozone around them.

GreyWolfVT

#139 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy's phone laying on the ground stars playing a video from youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wrEEd1ajz4

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker nods and smiles at Julia when she figures out what he was saying. After the flash from the streams crossing, he hurries from person to person, switching off proton packs so they can cool.

After that, he'll dial 911- unless someone else already has.
FA FO

Return to “Mission Archive”