Mission 6: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Mission 6: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

J, J, M, & R: The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS
August 13, 2018 12pm
Nice out!  Slightly humid. Bit of a Breeze from the Southeast

Coming from here:

viewtopic.php?f=628&t=8749&p=439733#p439733

Monday morning... er... Afternoon now... The guys arrive at the local college. Bright, clean, well maintained, the only problem is finding a parking place.
UAFS.jpg
UAFS.jpg (303.3 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Once they find a place to park, they guys quickly are able to ask directions and manage to find the building in question in what one of the students refers to as the old part of campus.
UAFS-Gardner.jpg
UAFS-Gardner.jpg (43.86 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Heading into the covered courtyard, the 1970's architecture is glaring but surrounded by the well-maintained grounds and the tall trees, it seems to blend well. Soon they are in the shaded recesses of the building and find the offices. Opening the yellow metal door, they enter into a very dated narrow hallway of office doors of similar mustard yellows, pea greens, browns, and finally a burned orange door at the end of the hall with a small tag. 121a and a piece of yellow paper that is very brittle and faded with age: Dr. Calvin Burkley, Prof. History.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  87/87 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 78/78
David "Mac" McAuslan 139/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 73/73 (***)

Effects in place:

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.
Last edited by Bluehorse on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Jason, Joker, Mac, & Roy: The Frat is Back in Town!

#2 Post by Taaz »

""Ahh College,"Jason thought strolling thru the campus reminiscing about some of his old parties that would have made Bluto Blutarsky proud, snapping out only as they got to the office. Finding the appropriate door he knocks and waits for a response.

When invited in Jason opens the door and beckons for his teammates to come with.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Memories for sure."

Mac waits for a response from within.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Memories of being at university back home, then again I did spend a lot of time playing video games, and Moss would make improvements to the games. Ah yes those were fun times."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker chuckles. Imagine, friends- your fun and games at college, compounded with learning to _speak_ the language, instead of just reading and writing.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Bluehorse »

As the guys remoteness about the good ole days... like a month ago... for some... they get a couple of looks but it seems most of the college kids are in classes right now as there is little foot traffic at the moment.

When Jason knocks on the door there is only a moment of hesitation before they hear. Yes? Come in.

As the door opens they see an elderly man with white hair surrounded by..... a mounded mess. The small office seems to be spilling out with books stacked and piled on books. Etta would have an absolute fit... He smiles and stands up, using a cane. He is hunched over like someone that has spent most of his life leaning over her studies than anything else.
Prof.Burkley.jpg
Prof.Burkley.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2273 times
Hello, everyone. Come on in and find a... eh... seat? Let's see... he picks up a few stacks of books and reveals a pair of worn chairs, then scratches his head. I thought I had more... let's see... eh... Oh.... that's right... he looks over apologetically. Time to get creative! He arranges a few more books into stacks about chair high and smiles. There we are. nice comfy seats. Now... he grunts as he speaks, sitting back down and leaning his cane aside as he resumes his place in his chair. It is hard to tell if the chair is molded to him or if he has molded over time to the chair. Still, there is a bright cheeriness to his eyes. Dr. O'Roerk... he looks around asking with his eyes. We wanted to trade research?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Joker

I'll be fine, standing, professor. My name is Dzjokar Jelal- I'm an associate of Dr O'Roark. I just tagged along to get out of the office.

Joker smiles, chewing on a wad of gum. He stands off to the side, listening attentively.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Taaz »

Hi, yes. Jason says sticking out is hand and shaking the professors. Thanks for agreeing to meet with us. Jason reaches into his messenger bag and produces a couple of his personal collection. I wasn't really sure what you might be interested in so I brought a few different volumes, of course if youd like to see more you would be more than welcome to stop by our headquarters sometime and talk shop. Jason sits back and smiles. I appreciate the help, finding good local information is always trickier than you would think for cases so I am glad to have found someone who is in the know for the area.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac finds a seat and smiles. "Hi, I'm Mac."

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy merely stands there awkwardly and waves to the professor.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Bluehorse »

J, J, M, & R:The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  Dr. Burkley's Office
August 13, 2018 12:30pm
Dusty, Musty, and Messy. too.

Dr. B:  Oh, Yes! He smiles quite cordially as Jason speaks up, indicating himself.   I have quite a collection as you can see, some of them my own essays.  There is a lot that has happened around town in the past 200 or so years.  Did you know that almost every part of town has been a burial ground of some sort or another?  Entire graveyards have been picked up and moved to build housing over the years.  I always told people this city was haunted through and through and nobody ever believes me.  He rummages about and finally comes up with a book that is a little on the small side but bound in aging orang leather.  He holds it up to them.   This is the sum of my research so far.  I have old maps and newer ones in there that are still somewhat current that show where the old cemetaries and all used to be.  Mind you, this was published in... eh... 19...........82! Ah ha! Yes, so there have been a few changes, but there is one important detail to all of this.  he leans in conspiratorily.  The state law.  You might have heard of it, but most are shocked to find out that for the most part all you have to do is remove the stone or marker, take a single scoop of soil or rock material off the original grave, which can then be placed in a vault and reinterred as it were in a new legal location.  Then anyone can legally claim the body removed and bulldoze right over it and any others located there.  This book, he point at his work.   Shows where all those locations are. 

As for trading research, I am very interested in any notes you may have that I could go through.  Maybe a copy of Tobin or Spengler's spirit guides?  Access to your research network?  I think we are all studying the same field from different approaches but if we work together we could uncover more. there is a twinkle in his eye like a young boy asking Santa for his Christmas list.

Brownie Point Pool:

Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  87/87 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
David "Mac" McAuslan 139/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 73/73

Effects in place:
* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

** - Jason has -1d6 on every roll until Aug 24th as he recovers from Snake Venom.

*** - Joker's inbox and searches spammed with advertisements for cedar chips for landscaping, which means a -1d6 to the difficulty of all research rolls until the end of next month. Until Sept 11th.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker listens intently. When the Professor talks about the minimum requirements for "moving a cemetary", he growls under his breath, his bushy eyebrows knitting together into a solid line of anger.

We could be sitting on a timebomb of spectral energy.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks at Joker and nods before turning to the professor.

Let me check with HQ about tapping into our networks, there may be a way we can set up some kind of consultant access for you, as to your request. He pulls another book from his bag, I would like to get those others back, but here. One of my copies of Tobins Sprit Guide revised, its a few editions old but it makes for some hella compelling reading. I always used to use a new printing as an excuse to go by Rays Occult in New York, soak in the knowledge there.

He looks at the orange journal, This is incredible work, nothing beats having insights like these into the paranormal.

He reads and strokes his beard, You know briefly had a machine at HQ that Dr. Jackson whipped up to automatically turn pages and take high def pictures of books, so we could digitize large collections at once. Roy, Joker you think you might be able to work something like that out here? Surely a huge contributor of information to the central databank could get access and then we have a repository of local information. He looks at his team mates.
Last edited by Taaz on Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Mac

"I don't think its a could be, more of are sitting on a spectral time bomb."

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "I don't like the sounds of that. Spectral time bomb? I hope it isn't that bad."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Urson »

Joker

Remember the Twinkie.

Jason, I will put my mind to the details of such a gadget. I don't think it will be difficult or time-consuming to build.
Joker hunkers in his corner, pecking away at his phone as he begins the design process for the machine. He keeps an ear on the proceedings as well.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Bluehorse »

J, J, M, & R:  The Frat is Back in Town!
UAFS:  Dr. Burkley's Office
August 13, 2018 12:40pm
Dusty, Musty, and Messy. too.

Dr. B:  Oh, Yes!  This is splendid!  I can hardly wait to look through this piece.  I have wanted to get my hands on a copy for years now. He smiles quite pleasantly at Jason as he speaks before looking to the others in turn.   I was within inches of an original copy once!  If only I had known then what a rare and valuable find it was, I would have probably had it here in my collection right now.  Oh well, to be young enough to make bad decisions again, hmm?  Oh, well I assume you are still young enough to do that though. he chuckles.

As for my own research, keep in mind that other than a few notations here and there, you won't find much in the way of direct supernatural information but rather a series of waymarkers that I believe will surely lead you along the way.  I always had a knack for digging up a few ghost stories in my interviews with... eh... well, old people back then, but I suppose I am the old man now, aren't I? he seems amused by that.  I ramble, forgive me.  So any interesting leads?  Any inside information about what you have found? he looks eager.  His personality is certainly youthful, almost boyish in his manners and energy, though his body certainly reflects his age and maybe then some.

Joker wrote:Remember the Twinkie

Made me laugh!  +1 Bp.  Also because you are right. ;)

+1 Bp to Joker for great reference and being correct. 

Joker will need to do the usual research and development rolls.

Auto is you have the idea. - Done

Make Easy Brains >5 to get the concept.

Make Mod Brains >10 to get basic plans made up.  

Make Hard Brains >20 to get something that should work.

Make Impossible Brains >40 to get something that exceeds expectations!

Mac & Roy, feel free to do a cool roll to see if you notice anything cool in the room.  The number will determine what you notice depending on rarity etc.  Occult knowledge here definitely applies.

Brownie Point Pool:

Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  87/87 (**)
Roy O'Dowd: 49/49
David "Mac" McAuslan 139/139
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 74/74

Effects in place:
* - +1d6 on any one roll. (Xmas)

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shakes his head at the twinkie remark "Yeah and if yah squish the twinkie on one end it bursts out the other but i hope that isn't how that mound at the church is going to work out." he remarks looking around the room for anything that might catch his interests.

Cool: [4d6] = 20 G:[1d6] = 1

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Taaz »

Well, Jason says, trying to walk a fine line between honest and not filling the professor in too much, for his own good. Most recently ah here, He notices a map of the local area on the professors wall, This Caddo site here we had an encounter with the Caddo peoples god of death, A'ya'hi'ya he points out the location as close as he can. It was a surprisingly benevolent being too, just wanted to have the customs preserved is all it seems to wan...HEY! You're a local expert. We want to try to help protect the site so the energy doesn't build the way it had, its just honestly safer if we can appease it, because this thing He remembers the look of A'ya'hi'ya and his snake bites start to itch.Lets just say I'm glad we only had to talk to it.
So we've started coordinating with our headquarters to see if we can get it set up as a protected site, honor the Caddo and thier culture. But no one knows manuvering for historic sites like a historian.
He smiles at the doctor So if you know any shortcuts don't keep them to yourself.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rex »

Mac

Cool +2BP [4d6] = 18 Ghost Die [1d6] = 6

Mac takes a look around.

Return to “Mission Archive”