Action Thread 6

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action Thread 6

#101 Post by Distorted Humor »

Just as a note, PM sent back - Let me know when I finish what was in the PM so I can do actions.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur circles around to the back of the head and tries to simply touch it with his blade.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia sets down the torch she just lit (or started to light if not successful) and prepares to battle the floating stone head as soon as it tries to kill them!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#104 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake awaits to see what happens next. Ready to jump into action if needed.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by saalaria »

Varkos too stands waiting to see what develops , hoping wiser members of the party will take the lead. He is concerned for Malak's welfare:
"Wulfgar what happened down the passage to cause this head to appear? We have all asked now - where is Malak?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by rredmond »

Nuke66 wrote:Al'Zur circles around to the back of the head and tries to simply touch it with his blade.
It floats there facing Wulfgard. It clinks like actual stone.
It moves a bit when you touch it, but maintains its position.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur stops, he takes off his backpack and empties it contents, hopefully most of it on his person. Once it is empty, he will put it over the head. "Wulfgar, take two steps forward." He will hold the bag and gauge the strength of it's motive power.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by rredmond »

You are able to put the bag on its head, but before you can speak it starts descending. It keeps going lower and lower until it is floating inches off the ground but the bag itself is completely on the ground. So the head is completely encased, ground below it and bag everywhere else. Then it stops moving.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#110 Post by Distorted Humor »

"Hey folks, the room full of mushrooms has ..changed, we might want to see it as a group..."

a moment pause...

"This is Odo, I am in the Shadows..."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by tkrexx »

Recalling the potions brewed by his village Shaman, Son of Thunder looks at all the bizarre happenings and wonders aloud, I don't recall eating any of those mushrooms...What do you mean, "Changed?"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Distorted Humor »

"Umm, where they stepped crushed some mushrooms, and it leaving a glowing path to wherever, but I circled back to report to the group as I do not want to go alone."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia breaths a sigh of relief and picks up the torch she just lit. She makes her way closer to see better, holding the torch as high as she can. "Interesting..."

Distorted Humor wrote:... "Umm, where they stepped crushed some mushrooms, and it leaving a glowing path to wherever, but I circled back to report to the group as I do not want to go alone."

Zafalia looks to Son of Thunder and the others. "Let us go gather up Malak, if'n we can. We should not tarry here."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by tkrexx »

Grumbling about the loss of 2 more arrows (Marked off), the Ranger agrees and accompanies the Halfling Priestess to seek Malak.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 1:35 p

Malak doesn't respond to the calls of the ranger.

Zafalia lights a torch, not her lantern, and moves forward as the cleric flinches back in the crowd.
The other torches fizzle out.

Wulfgard seems much too befuddled to answer questions and his attempt to Turn the floating head fails.

Removing the sack Al'Zur and the others notice the floating head reorienting itself, spinning as the other torches fail. It seems to turn toward Zafalia at this point, still floating there. It faces her, moving to about 10' of her, and floats there just as it has been doing.

The party forms up in their Marching Order (I guessed from what everyone said, please double check below the MO below, the passage is 10' wide) with the cleric hanging in the back, as far from the head as he can get. The head moves with Zafalia, following her at about 10' away, thus getting in the face of Al'Zur and at times Ilhalevar, depending on how she is walking.

You go round the passage and get to the cavern that has been talked about much, with the bulbous mushrooms. The floor of this chamber is lousy with them, maybe an inch or two high, but their heads spread out so they cover the entire floor. What's different now (from when Odo and Wulfgard saw it) is that there is a set of foot prints walking across the room. You can tell that's what they are, because where the mushrooms have been stepped on a thick substance (sap-like??) is glowing a cheerful yellow color. The footprints go out an eastern exit.

Zafalia has a torch, and Wulfgard has his lamp, that's the light for the party. Directors meeting in 5 minutes. I'll post a map for you all when I can today. But hopefully this gives you stuff to think about. :)

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Varkos and Malak; 2- SoT and Zafalia 3- Odo and Rake 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Varkos), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 1 minutes Zafalia (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by rredmond »

Party is at X which is entrance to the cavern. The glowing yellow footprints are denoted by the yellow line, the arrow shows where to footprints head out of the cavern.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (7.16 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by rredmond »

Going to move this forward tomorrow morning, should be plenty of time to get people a posting.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#119 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard looks at the people who had spoken to him but doesn't give a reply, fear on his face and lamp shaking. He looks around fearfully at the shadows. Floating heads he mumbles to himself.

Since the party has fallen into marching, unless someone of course tries to stop him he takes his place in line.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#120 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo looks, and goes "aww Hell, why does it always have to be me..

Follows the trail into the mushrooms, trying to keep on what been disturbed.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”